Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old April 26 2011, 12:21 AM   #706
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Re: Minecraft

Ohhh, that looks awesome, Robert. My house looks good from there

Also makes me wonder about that cave towards the east. Is anyone doing something with it or is it just a natural formation? Looks impressive.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2011, 12:29 AM   #707
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

You mean the cave to the south of the spawn area? I believe Cutter built his house near there.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2011, 01:31 AM   #708
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Yeah, that's the one, I guess. Impressive

Holy crap, thunderstorm on the server and I've seen lightning hit trees and burn them.
Old April 26 2011, 01:48 AM   #709
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Yikes! I didn't know lightning could do that!
My blog
Old April 26 2011, 01:54 AM   #710
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Some great stuff there everyone. I love those world maps. Reminds me the old Sim city games. Guess I need to download this thing.

I know its silly, but the thing with the wolves still bothers me. So dumb to get upset about a bunch of moving pixels. I guess I really need to stop playing while still recovering and tired from work.

Maybe someday I'll meet more of you guys. Of course that'd mena I'd also have to play sometime other than between midnight and 6AM.
Theres a chest next to my tree, and down the nearby shaft where I'll dump all my stuff. I'm mainly just using wood. So if anyone needs cobble, feel free to help yourself. Just leave my one stack for making tools.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2011, 02:10 AM   #711
Kimi3013
Captain

To those posting the massive images, I hate you. You make side scrolling happen, it should be a capital crime to do that. They made thumbnails for a reason people, this it.

/end rage
Kimi3013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2011, 03:22 AM   #712
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Ouch! Just got hit by lightning, guys. It can happen to you!
Old April 26 2011, 04:01 AM   #713
Canadave
Vice Admiral

View Canadave's Twitter Profile

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Theres a chest next to my tree, and down the nearby shaft where I'll dump all my stuff. I'm mainly just using wood. So if anyone needs cobble, feel free to help yourself. Just leave my one stack for making tools.
Gladly. I hate quarrying.
Old April 26 2011, 04:17 AM   #714
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
Are ya bleedin'? Yeah, you're bleedin'...
My blog
Old April 26 2011, 04:29 AM   #715
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
I actually keep a wolf in my old castle. He's probably lonely, sitting there, waiting for me to come home. I show up every now and then to pet him (and grab supplies, harvest my crops, etc.), but I haven't yet brought him to my new building area.
Right now, my wolf is sitting in a cave that my minecart track runs though. Every time that I travel to Bartlet Cove, she turns from left to right as I fly by, and every time I come back, she turns from right to left. It's cruel, yet funny.

Iasius wrote: View Post
Eihort really is quite useful.
It's a great tool alright, I've seen more of my world just messing around in it over the last day than I have playing the actual game. It sucks that the view distance in the game isn't anywhere near as good though. Maybe one day Notch will perform a miracle of coding and optimise it to allow for a 1km draw distance...

This is my primary landmass (I'm going to have to give my island a name some day) from 1km in the air. That snow showed up while I was playing a little while ago, which would be cool were it not so small and in any area I've barely ever been to.

I've started a new project now and I'm currently growing around 400 cactuses on a beach near Mount Vulcan for it. Now to find 500 sheep.

Yikes. Does it kill you or just do damage? (I haven't even experienced lightning in my world yet.)
Old April 26 2011, 05:04 AM   #716
Iasius
Rear Admiral

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
It sucks that the view distance in the game isn't anywhere near as good though. Maybe one day Notch will perform a miracle of coding and optimise it to allow for a 1km draw distance...
I'm impatiently waiting for the "[1.4] Double/+50% View Distance mod SSP" to be updated. I'm not sure my PC can manage it (haven't tried it before), but I generally run 100+ fps with my current texture pack, so I think I can at least use the +50% view.
Old April 26 2011, 05:12 AM   #717
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

I liked to tell myself that the wolves were running around and frolicking while I was sleeping, or off adventuring.

Just like I tell myself that since they're in a rainforest next to a desert, I'm doing all those sheep a favor by taking their wool.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2011, 05:31 AM   #718
Canadave
Vice Admiral

View Canadave's Twitter Profile

^ I occasionally wish there was a less... violent... way to collect wool. I always feel bad when I have to punch a sheep to collect its wool.
Old April 26 2011, 05:55 AM   #719
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
Yikes. Does it kill you or just do damage? (I haven't even experienced lightning in my world yet.)

It hurts you. Takes 3 hearts away as far as I could tell. But on Robert's server, health regenerates, so it wasn't too bad. But on Singleplayer? That could easily mean death if you're not careful. Looked and sounded like a great big fireball from hell. It was so sudden, it took a moment to realize what had happened.
Old April 26 2011, 01:21 PM   #720
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

That's kind of awesome that you can be struck by lightning, though.
My blog