Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old April 23 2011, 10:42 PM   #691
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Minecraft

Canadave wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Cutter John wrote: View Post

A possibility. Though I wish they'd fix it. I'm getting damn sick of havign to redesign my rooms. I think I finally made my mineshaft room safe by moving the bed away from the wall and enlarging the space. I guess all I can do to make my treehouse safe is to enclose my lovely balcony in glass.

I have to confess I'm getting annoyed with this latest update. Mobs in my bedroom, custom textures are glitched, my dog is stuck, and I've yet to see any sign of this weather they made such a big deal about.
I've seen it rain several times on the server, even though our main area is right by a desert.
I've seen rain twice on the server in a few hours of game time, yet I've never seen Cutter. Thus, I am forced to conclude that he does not exist.
He does kinda keep to himself.
Robert Maxwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2011, 12:02 AM   #692
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

After being hard at work on my house, I've decided to finally post some pics of my new world.

My little Zen garden and floating escape cabin. It's not much more than torches and blocks of wood, but I think it's pretty clever: by digging out a dirt block, swimming up the resultant waterfall, and sealing it back up, I'm pretty much immune from anything, including ninja creepers.

My front door and boat dock. It took about 50 tries, but the Enterprise mark MCMCXIII is finally safely docked inside. I just know getting it out's going to be a pain in the arse... you can also see my as-yet-uncompleted guard tower in the background.
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2011, 10:10 AM   #693
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Canadave wrote: View Post

I've seen rain twice on the server in a few hours of game time, yet I've never seen Cutter. Thus, I am forced to conclude that he does not exist.
Well that giant tree isn't growing itself mate. Not my fault you're picking the wrong times to log on.

Still no sign of weather. Hmmm, I wonder if the problem might be that I'm still using a texture pack for 1.4. Maybe its raining but I just don't see it.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Last edited by Cutter John; April 24 2011 at 10:45 AM.
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2011, 12:45 PM   #694
Kimi3013
Captain

If a texture pack doesn't have a graphic (as in one of the .png files) it should resort to the default one. So if you've not got a rain.png or snow.png, you should still see them happen.
Kimi3013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2011, 09:26 PM   #695
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

I only experienced rain/snow that one time. But since then I have been spending most of my time in a very brown region, so it's possible that the game thinks I'm in a desert and hasn't triggered a weather event.

Well, after 6 months of work, I finally finished the Godfrey Keep-Bartlet Cove rail line. Except, in the time it took to build, Godfrey Keep became Fortress Godfrey, which later became the Town of Godfrey. In that time I also built my monster Trap, Fort Jupiter, Mount Vulcan, a road network and Nether portal network that made the whole point of the rail line redundant... but it's nice that it is finally finished.

Also, I discovered Eihort, which is awesome.
Old April 24 2011, 10:37 PM   #696
Canadave
Vice Admiral

View Canadave's Twitter Profile

^ Cool as that program looks, I suspect it would cause my GPU to vaporize itself instantly the second I tried to crank up the settings.
Old April 25 2011, 12:44 AM   #697
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

It's not so bad on my PC, I can run it smoothly with a view distance of around 1km. It's great to be able to view my world in such detail.

As for weather, Cutter John, are you using the bed at night? Because someone checked the code and weather is given a random timer that usually lasts more than an in-game day and it seems that using a bed resets that timer. If you don't go to bed for a few days then the timer will eventually reach 0 and it should rain. I usually use the bed every night, so that explains why rain has been so rare for me.
Old April 25 2011, 01:06 AM   #698
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

^^ Maybe thats it. I use the bed nearly every night just because its hard to build on small platforms a hundred feet in the air when you can't see. Guess I should find an indoor project to work on for a couple nights.

Update: You know its quite possible that I'm the dumbest human being walkign the planet today.
I read a post somewhere that punching my stuck wolf might get him unstuck. So like an idiot I did so. And the other wolf promtly attacked him. And got himself killed for his trouble.

My glitched wolf, then wedged himself under a tree. While tryign to unstick him, I accidentally punched him a second time, and killed him since he was obviously down to his last heart.

I walked over to a cliff and threw away the rest of my bones and am swearing off wolves for good.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Last edited by Cutter John; April 25 2011 at 11:21 AM.
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2011, 03:03 PM   #699
judge alba
senior street judge

i have to start a new world, lost my last one when my pc went tits up
still gives me a new start think i'll name my new world "john smiths"
Firm as a mountain.
Strike as powerful as thunder.
judge alba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2011, 05:40 PM   #700
Canadave
Vice Admiral

View Canadave's Twitter Profile

Cutter John wrote: View Post
I walked over to a cliff and threw away the rest of my bones and am swearing off wolves for good.
Probably a good call. I walked mine into the middle of the desert and told it to sit because I was sick of it getting underfoot. It's now guarding a lagoon... yes...
Old April 25 2011, 06:01 PM   #701
Iasius
Rear Admiral

The single wolf I have is sitting at home, always. I tried taking him with me, but he gets so much in the way. Also, they're pretty useless when you want to go somewhere by boat or minecart.

Speaking of, my first minecart track is done. It's basically a scenic tour of my map, taking 3:45 minutes one way. The end point is currently in a beautiful area with huge mountains, sheer cliffs, and giant caverns.
Old April 25 2011, 06:08 PM   #702
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

I actually keep a wolf in my old castle. He's probably lonely, sitting there, waiting for me to come home. I show up every now and then to pet him (and grab supplies, harvest my crops, etc.), but I haven't yet brought him to my new building area. Maybe i'll put him on the ship I just built as the official mascot.

Speaking of which, here is a new detail map of my server world:

Old April 25 2011, 06:36 PM   #703
Iasius
Rear Admiral

That world really looks good. Built things sort of blend in, but don't disappear. Loving that staircase tower.

Also, since someone just now posted a huge pic, I'll feel good about doing the same.

Eihort really is quite useful.
Old April 25 2011, 06:38 PM   #704
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

I might have to give that a shot, though I imagine my computer will hate it.

Are those things on the surface roads or enclosed tunnels? It's hard to tell. You don't have a lot of buildings, though, from what I can see.
Old April 25 2011, 06:41 PM   #705
Iasius
Rear Admiral

They're roads, made from stone blocks and steps.

Yeah, I don't have a lot of buildings, I've been busy with my underground area and the minecart track. Will get started on more buildings next though.

Edit: The basic structure of my barn is almost complete, I decided to go with a wooden roof for simplicity's sake. Now I need to design the interior. Anyway know if you can lock animals in and they stay there?

Thankfully I build things on peaceful. When it's night and it's raining, it gets pretty scary out there.

Also, I have to say the underground view from Eihort is quite nice too. You can't quite appreciate your tunnel network from inside them.

Edit2:

Oh my! I was traveling along my minecart route, when I noticed that I had apparently not made a tunnel exit "cow-proof" since one was wandering around on the track. I hopped off before hitting the cow, but since the minecart travels a bit more, this happened:

Yeah, that's a cow riding away on my minecart and I didn't have any spare ones on me. Minecraft considers a cow riding a minecart to be occupied so the boosters worked as if I was in it. I had to go chase it to the end of the track for minutes to finally get my minecart back.

Last edited by Iasius; April 25 2011 at 11:47 PM.
Iasius is offline   Reply With Quote