Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old April 20 2011, 12:43 PM   #196
Rarewolf
Rear Admiral

Re: Lis Sladen

He's supposed to be recording his first one with Louise this Friday.

I'm not sure he's a man for regrets, but I'm sure if he enjoys it the thought will occur to him, if only he'd said yes a year earlier...
Old April 20 2011, 12:53 PM   #197
Mitty
Vice Admiral

View Mitty's Twitter Profile

Tom Baker's website is very slow, I'd imagine it's being swamped. I still can't get over the truly amazing reaction. It's STILL trending on twitter.
Old April 20 2011, 01:03 PM   #198
wamdue
Admiral

Mitty wrote: View Post
Tom Baker's website is very slow, I'd imagine it's being swamped. I still can't get over the truly amazing reaction. It's STILL trending on twitter.
talking of, is this your K9

http://twitpic.com/4mxf4d

I seem to recall it having a monkey co-star.

found it on twitter.
Old April 20 2011, 01:04 PM   #199
Vora Lundar
Cadet

Wow. I'm off to do a Sarah Jane Smith marathon.
Vora Lundar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2011, 01:30 PM   #200
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

jbny67 wrote: View Post
Tom Baker has just posted his thoughts and feelings on his website.
http://www.tom-baker.co.uk/pages/con...asp?PageID=159
Thank you for sharing this. A lovely tribute to Lis Sladen and I'm thrilled that he included those photos, especially the one of him, Lis and Ian Marter singing.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2011, 01:32 PM   #201
Classic Fan
Rear Admiral

View Classic Fan's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Classic Fan

It was a shocker for me.

I was eating my breakfast at 5:30 and it came on the news, i actually stopped and didnt eat anymore i was that shocked.

She must have kept her illness so quiet. Its so sad, but then everyone has their day i suppose.

I always remember her return episode in School Reunion, it was fantastically done, so touching but not ott like it couldve ended up.

Ill go and watch that tonight at some point , its just that scene in the stair well when she see's the police box for the first time in almost 30 years, then the Doctor is just standing there and its just such a touching scene. they have never matched that since. And everytime she appeared, her grace, profesionalism and presence was amazing. Even next to all of the guest cast in Tennants last full season, she stood out, but then she would.

Ironic that her last episode was titled Goodbye Sarah Jane Smith

We'll miss you, Lis.
"Course your not,your not scared of anything. Box falls out the sky, man falls out of box, man eats fish custard. Look at you, just sittin' there,you know what i think? Must be helluva scary crack in your wall" - The Doctor
Classic Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2011, 01:34 PM   #202
Classic Fan
Rear Admiral

View Classic Fan's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Classic Fan

Emh wrote: View Post
jbny67 wrote: View Post
Tom Baker has just posted his thoughts and feelings on his website.
http://www.tom-baker.co.uk/pages/con...asp?PageID=159
Thank you for sharing this. A lovely tribute to Lis Sladen and I'm thrilled that he included those photos, especially the one of him, Lis and Ian Marter singing.
Nice one, Tom.

"Course your not,your not scared of anything. Box falls out the sky, man falls out of box, man eats fish custard. Look at you, just sittin' there,you know what i think? Must be helluva scary crack in your wall" - The Doctor
Classic Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2011, 01:59 PM   #203
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

The Doctor Who News Page has an extract from Tom Baker's reminiscence, plus ones from David Tennant and Matt Smith -- link.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2011, 02:05 PM   #204
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

BBC has also released a collection of tributes including Russel T. Davies, Steven Moffat, Matt Smith, and David Tennant.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2011, 03:09 PM   #205
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

EJA wrote: View Post
I think that they should just let it end. No other ex-companions turning up, no sidekicks taking centre stage. Lis is gone, and she was the show.
Yes, we know your opinion on this by now. Please take a break from this thread so we can pay tribute to Elisabeth Sladen.

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2011, 03:11 PM   #206
Rosalind
TrekLit's Dr Rose Mod

oh boy, I managed to not cry through all the tribute pictures and videos, but these words from the Doctor got my tears rolling. Probably because I just spent the last few hours watching season 4 of SJA. Hearing SJS say "With a team like this, think I can go on... forever" at the end of the last episode just pulled my heart.
Rosalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2011, 03:13 PM   #207
I Grok Spock
Fleet Captain

Damn. Thoughts and prayers to her husband and daughter.
Old April 20 2011, 03:19 PM   #208
EJA
Fleet Captain

And to the rest of her family, her friends, and all of her many fans.
EJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2011, 03:27 PM   #209
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Kira's Mom wrote: View Post
intrinsical wrote: View Post
http://www.dorktower.com/images/comics/DorkTower942.gif

As K-9 would say, "Goodbye Mistress."

Beat me to it.
It's a stupid tin dog. But that's the one that got me. I held up pretty well through the rest, but that little drawing just took the dagger and went right for the heart.
Old April 20 2011, 03:29 PM   #210
23skidoo
Admiral

Digital Spy has "broken" the news that the BBC is planning to run a tribute of some sort with the Series 6 premiere of Doctor Who this weekend:

http://www.digitalspy.ca/british-tv/...n-tribute.html

As some have pointed out, it'll be interesting to see if Nicholas Courtney and Barry Letts will also be included.

Alex
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote