Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

View Poll Results: Neve Campbell
Thumbs Up 64 63.37%
Thumbs Down 12 11.88%
Thumbs Sideways 25 24.75%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 16 2011, 01:52 AM   #31
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: Neve Campbell: Babe of the week #16 (Apr. 2011)

Yoda wrote: View Post
Back in the day, maybe... Nowadays?

Nah. Get on the treadmill!

Also I stumbled across a topless pic from a movie and it wasn't so hot.
Old April 16 2011, 02:02 AM   #32
timelord1010
Captain

Thumbs sideways, she never struck me as a babe, more like a girl next door.
timelord1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2011, 03:39 AM   #33
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

I can't let the inanity of this comment pass. There's nothing wrong with not finding her to be what you would consider a "babe", but telling her to get on the treadmill when she's clearly at a perfectly reasonable weight?

This
is why so many young women starve themselves. This is why they look in the mirror and see a fat blob instead of the beautiful healthy body they have. This kind of commentary is why they hate themselves, and it needs to stop!

Rainbow Dash Buys A Ford Pinto, A Short Story by LotusTeaDragon
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2011, 04:01 AM   #34
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

J. Allen wrote: View Post

I can't let the inanity of this comment pass. There's nothing wrong with not finding her to be what you would consider a "babe", but telling her to get on the treadmill when she's clearly at a perfectly reasonable weight?

This
is why so many young women starve themselves. This is why they look in the mirror and see a fat blob instead of the beautiful healthy body they have. This kind of commentary is why they hate themselves, and it needs to stop!
Agreed wholeheartedly. There is nothing wrong with her in that picture. What I see is a nice bikini body with nice curves. Heck, she's even got a nice stomach which doesn't warrant the treadmill comment at all. I'd much rather see younger girls look towards her as a role model rather than some other ones that are overly skinny. If that's a recent picture of her, she's what, 37 now and she looks downright amazing.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2011, 04:14 AM   #35
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Dittoed, seconded, triplicate, seal it with a kiss.

Neve, IMHO, is perfectly average looking at best but there is nothing wrong with that bikini photo of her. She looks perfectly fine. Yeah, it's maybe not the greatest pose or lighting but she looks of perfectly normal and reasonable weight.

Comments like what Yoda made are, indeed, why some many women these days have eating disorders and body issues.

I mean, how much could she weigh in that bikini picture? A buck twenty? Buck thirty?
Old April 16 2011, 08:50 PM   #36
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Okay, aaand...sideways.

-Godzilla, King Of The Monsters
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2011, 09:51 PM   #37
Yoda
Rear Admiral

You people are nuts. I didn't say stop eating. I said get on the treadmill. That's just good advice in general. It would make her healthier and make her look better. Win/win.

It's amazing how preachy some of you are while participating in these completely superficial polls
Old April 17 2011, 02:00 AM   #38
Jax
Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Comments like what Yoda made are, indeed, why some many women these days have eating disorders and body issues.
Agreed
Glengarry Glen Ross (B-) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (B+) Dark Skies (B-) Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (B-) Gravity (C+) Captain Phillips (B) Now You See Me (B) Escape Plan (B-) Captain America: The Winter Soldier (B+)
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2011, 03:21 AM   #39
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

You people are nuts. I didn't say stop eating. I said get on the treadmill. That's just good advice in general. It would make her healthier and make her look better. Win/win.

It's amazing how preachy some of you are while participating in these completely superficial polls
Well, I've only made two down votes, ever, and only on those times because I didn't like the actress or the character(s) she has played. You, on the other hand, routinely give women who are older than 30 a down and now, apparently, found a woman of perfectly average size to be a fatty who needs to get on a treadmill. Your comment certainly wasn't of the variety of "give some definition to your body" it was much more of one "she's fat and needs to lose weight."

I think your reputation in these threads has ruined any "credibility" you may have when it comes to your voting and the comments you make with the vote.

Yeah, these polls are superficial and when we boil down to it we're judging these women on their looks, though some base it on how well they're known, the movies they've done, their personal lives, etc. But verrrry rarely have I ever seen someone make such a bold comment about an actress' size -unless the actress is anorexically thin- ("anorexically" used to differentiate bettween a woman who purges and/or under-eats and a woman who just of the type that cannot gain weight.)

So, yeah, when you say a woman of normal size is a "down" and needs to hit a treadmill, sorry, if we think you're being a little suggestive as to her size.
Old April 17 2011, 03:23 AM   #40
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

"I didn't say she should stop eating, I said she needed to lose a little weight for my benefit!"

Old April 17 2011, 04:16 AM   #41
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Jax wrote: View Post
Agreed
Yep. It's my fault, all those young girls looking at this thread, their body images destroyed by my commentary.

Well, I've only made two down votes, ever, and only on those times because I didn't like the actress or the character(s) she has played.
Yes, you do have crazy sounding vote criteria. But whatever floats your boat.
You, on the other hand, routinely give women who are older than 30 a down and now, apparently, found a woman of perfectly average size to be a fatty who needs to get on a treadmill. Your comment certainly wasn't of the variety of "give some definition to your body" it was much more of one "she's fat and needs to lose weight."
I hand out my Thumbs Down votes when I don't find the babe in question attractive. That includes the 20-something butter faces as well. With Neve Campbell it's that she was borderline to begin with in her heyday, and she doesn't have the figure...
I think your reputation in these threads has ruined any "credibility" you may have when it comes to your voting and the comments you make with the vote.
Credibility?

It's a 'hot or not' thread, it's not that complicated. Why so serious?
Yeah, these polls are superficial and when we boil down to it we're judging these women on their looks, though some base it on how well they're known, the movies they've done, their personal lives, etc. But verrrry rarely have I ever seen someone make such a bold comment about an actress' size -unless the actress is anorexically thin- ("anorexically" used to differentiate bettween a woman who purges and/or under-eats and a woman who just of the type that cannot gain weight.)
I'll say a woman who looks too thin should eat a damned cheeseburger too. She doesn't even have to be anorexic. She might just be too skinny for me to personally find her that attractive. Is that offensive too?
So, yeah, when you say a woman of normal size is a "down" and needs to hit a treadmill, sorry, if we think you're being a little suggestive as to her size.
I'm suggesting if she had a nice midriff I may have voted up, but she doesn't.

J. Allen wrote: View Post
"I didn't say she should stop eating, I said she needed to lose a little weight for my benefit!"
I didn't say anything about food or weight. A little research about fat, weight, exercise, and caloric intake might do you some good.
Old April 17 2011, 04:35 AM   #42
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Yeah, here's the thing. By making that treadmill comment, you were insinuating that she wasn't healthy when it's clear that she is. It's a statement that carries a lot of weight, no pun intended (ok so maybe I did.). Make her look better? There it is again. She looks great and well toned.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2011, 05:26 AM   #43
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

I didn't say anything about food or weight. A little research about fat, weight, exercise, and caloric intake might do you some good.
As a diabetic, I probably know more about proper diet and exercise than you do. That said, you made the comment about the treadmill regarding a woman with a healthy weight.

It wasn't just your post, it's your mindset. That same mindset that convinces women to think they're somehow overweight or ugly, that they're worthless unless they submit to an extreme view of beauty. Your comments are just symptomatic of a greater issue that we're dealing with as a civilized society. In a society where women are already stigmatized for being "overweight", where there are hundreds of thousands of young girls who think that unless they're a damned skeleton, they're fat and ugly. Where women are "plus" size when they're well within healthy guidelines.

You insist that you'd tell a thin woman to eat a cheeseburger, as if that's somehow better. There are plenty of people who metabolize food rapidly. They could eat that cheeseburger and not gain a pound, and yet they too are stigmatized. So what do they do? Too fat? Too skinny? By whose standard? Yours? Mine? There's nothing wrong with saying whether someone's "hot" or "not", because we all have different standards of beauty, but what you advocated wasn't a different standard, it was a detrimental statement about a perfectly healthy person. In a sea of shallow comments, yours was a rocky outcropping.

Old April 17 2011, 05:48 AM   #44
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

Thumbs way up.
DeafPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2011, 06:28 AM   #45
Admiral Shran
Admiral

I'll just throw my two cents into this sub-discussion....