RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,674
Members: 24,201
Currently online: 593
Newest member: KieBH84

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old April 10 2011, 12:17 AM   #511
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Re: Minecraft

^^ Owwww, damn guys.

I live in a wooden treehouse in the middle of a rainforest. I don't even let anything that makes fire into the house! If I need to dispose of anything, I just chuck it over a cliff.

Any netherrack, flint and steel, and lava I have stays in a chest out in the desert next to my portal.

In other news, boy I wish I was doing a video capture. I was walking along the platform next to my airship just after sunset when a fucking Creeper comes barreling down from the top of the partially finished balloon at full speed, hits the bridge next to me with a loud SSSSS!, bounces over the railing and falls about 500 feet to his death. Scared the hell out of me, but talk about an Epic Fail...

Next morning I stuck some torches up there.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10 2011, 12:31 AM   #512
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

^^

... Why put your portal in a desert? Island with floating burning Netherrack FTW
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10 2011, 02:47 AM   #513
Canadave
Vice Admiral

View Canadave's Twitter Profile

So Robert let me on his server, and I've been poking around there the past couple of days. I've got myself established now, with the main level of my house completed. Here's a picture of my Great Hall (all of my houses have to have a Great\Grand\Main\whatever Hall; I'm egotistical like that).

Old April 10 2011, 02:53 AM   #514
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Wow, nice! Your texture pack makes it look much better than vanilla.
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10 2011, 03:12 AM   #515
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

itisnotlogical wrote: View Post
^^

... Why put your portal in a desert? Island with floating burning Netherrack FTW
Well, I already have my giant pyramid and mineshaft out there. So I just put the portal about halfway between them and my main base. Just seemed convenient. and like I said, I live in a very flamable house. I want anything involving fire as far away from greenery as possible.

Looking good Canadave. I love the wall textures. It makes the room look woven.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Old April 10 2011, 03:59 AM   #516
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

I love your house as well Canadave. Looks like some sort of desert motif thingy you got going on there. I've been busy replacing the burned-away portions of my house with cobblestone, still not complete
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Old April 10 2011, 04:06 AM   #517
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

For those of you having trouble finding wolves, I was working inside my newly extended fortress today and saw this, and I felt the need to rub it in.

Old April 10 2011, 04:11 AM   #518
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

I have no need to search for wolves, because I know for fact that they're useless.
Old April 10 2011, 04:23 AM   #519
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
For those of you having trouble finding wolves, I was working inside my newly extended fortress today and saw this, and I felt the need to rub it in.

Damn you.
Old April 10 2011, 04:29 AM   #520
Canadave
Vice Admiral

View Canadave's Twitter Profile

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Wow, nice! Your texture pack makes it look much better than vanilla.
Heh, yeah, I guess you aren't seeing the same way I am, are you? I'll have to switch to vanilla at some point and check out how things "really" look.

Incidentally, it's only a partially desert themed, that's in behind the house. It's waterfront on the other side.
Old April 10 2011, 04:49 AM   #521
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

The biome layout in this game is nuts. Heres a view from the back of my house,

And the front.

Meanwhile, progress on the airship continues slowly. I've got a lot of sheep to sheer.

Old April 10 2011, 05:11 AM   #522
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

^^

That's a nice, flammable airship you got there heh heh heh (twitching nervously while holding flint and steel)
Old April 10 2011, 05:16 AM   #523
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

itisnotlogical wrote: View Post
^^

That's a nice, flammable airship you got there heh heh heh (twitching nervously while holding flint and steel)
Man you're lucky I don't have any wolves...
Old April 10 2011, 04:03 PM   #524
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

I went back to a previous world thats mostly forest and tiaga and got me a wolfie!! Would have had two if I'd had more bones on me.

Thankfully this world is mostly flat.

Last edited by Cutter John; April 10 2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old April 10 2011, 08:56 PM   #525
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

What block is the bottom of your airship made out of? I can't tell because of the texture pack, but it almost looks like... chests...?