Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old April 5 2011, 07:24 PM   #466
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Re: Minecraft

Honestly though, I really wish there wa ssome sort of scafolding block. Its a PITA to have to mine, place, then break down all those damn dirt blocks.

Kimi3013 wrote: View Post
On the problem of logging in a seeing the world fall, it's a non-issue. The game would be able to tell which chunks were generated pre-gravity and just tag them as such so the gravity won't happen on them. Everything you built is still floating.
Well that would certainly make the game a lot more challenging. Having to make sure your tunnels and structures are braced properly, just like the real world. Seems like it would be a nightmare to code though.

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post

My new profile is entirely in jest, so snarky comments are welcome.
Ahh, gotcha. Sorry, I spend way too much time over on Fark.com. Where some people say stuff like this with a straight face.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Last edited by Cutter John; April 5 2011 at 08:18 PM.
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2011, 07:55 PM   #467
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Nice treehouse, Cutter. It's so epic!
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2011, 12:13 AM   #468
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

Kimi3013 wrote: View Post
There was a post by notch ages ago about floating blocks, and how he didn't like them. He said something about not getting rid of them, but maybe making you need to use some Obsidian to keep them floating. Or something like that.
NO. NOOOOO!... dammit, where's a glass case full of Enterprise models when you need it...?

Seriously though, that would suck epically. I think I would just have to stop playing if notch took floating blocks away.
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2011, 12:50 AM   #469
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

*sigh* Currently struggling with trying to add a custom texture I created and failing miserably. The software keeps choking on it no matter what I try.
Just sent the image to a texture maker for advice, so we'll see.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Old April 6 2011, 01:00 AM   #470
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

My house came under attack by a virtual army of ninja creepers. Every time I turned around I felt like I had one in my face. Damage to my main house was minimal, but my underground shelter was partially exposed and one of my furnaces destroyed. Also, I finally got some woofies spawning on my map!
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Old April 7 2011, 12:10 AM   #471
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Yay, some kind person fixed my texturepack for me! Of course I still can't figure out wtf was wrong.

I decided to go ahead and upload it if anyone else would like to give it a try. Only bit of wierdness is that I replaced Netherrack with riveted steel plate to use on my airship hull. The furnitures come sin shades of green, so its probably best suited for a wooded environment.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N923OEXV

And heres an easy program to install custom textures, and upgrade your game to accept larger than 16 x 16 textures. You don't even have to unzip the file. It even lets you unpatch your game if necessary.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=COTRMY5U Using it is pretty self explainatory. If theres a problem you can download it from other locations. Just search for MCPatcher.

itisnotlogical wrote: View Post
My house came under attack by a virtual army of ninja creepers. Every time I turned around I felt like I had one in my face. Damage to my main house was minimal, but my underground shelter was partially exposed and one of my furnaces destroyed. Also, I finally got some woofies spawning on my map!
Oh man I've had mornings like that. You miss an attack and it blows up, followed by a second one the blindsides you before you can recover. Or kills you. Then when you respawn and try to go get your stuff, you get jumped by another while you're unarmed.

Actually its not so much the Creepers that bother me, its the pumpkins keeping me up all night with their damn chanting!

Last edited by Cutter John; April 7 2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old April 7 2011, 03:25 PM   #472
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Minecraft has taken in €23 million since it went on sale. Notch wont get to keep all of it because he lives in a godless communist country that steals his money and rapes his grandparents (according to Glenn Beck), but he'll have a very comfortable life from here on out.
Old April 7 2011, 03:40 PM   #473
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Yeah, he'll never have to work another day in his life if he doesn't want to.
Robert Maxwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2011, 04:21 PM   #474
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

I need to invent a cool game.....
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2011, 06:02 PM   #475
judge alba
senior street judge

do the beds act as a spawn point?
Firm as a mountain.
Strike as powerful as thunder.
judge alba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2011, 06:11 PM   #476
Peak
Fleet Captain

Yes, with the new patch they do until you "destroy" the bed. This is going to be great for exploration far beyond the original spawn point...

Upcoming features:

The Piston-mod will probably be included (somewhat modified) in the vanilla game

Achievements and Statistics

Rain and Snow (depending on biomes). Apparently thunder is considered too.

My DVDs
Peak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2011, 07:19 PM   #477
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

I just looked up the piston mod. That's awesome! Perfect for traps and cannons and such.

I look forward to the rain, snow, and thunder.
Old April 7 2011, 07:30 PM   #478
Peak
Fleet Captain

Yeah, the piston-mod rocks. Haven't used it myself (don't feel like installing mods that have to be reinstalled with every upgrade).

One of the demonstrations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=salYX2iDyqs

My DVDs
Peak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2011, 07:40 PM   #479
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

Bah. Mods are for losers.

Finally tamed my first wolf... and unfortunately, Flake doesn't seem very intelligent. I ordered him through some basic tasks, and here's how he came out:

Moving through a 1x1 hole in the wall: FAILED
Jumping up a 1x2 block staircase: FAILED
Attacking mobs in the most efficient way possible: So-so.
Following me: FAILED

I think Flake will just have to be window dressing for a while until I make my house more dog-friendly.
Old April 7 2011, 07:48 PM   #480
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

I keep my wolf indoors, sitting. He's just there to look good, I don't trust him to actually wander about.