Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old April 2 2011, 02:15 AM   #61
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus
Re: Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

Kirkman1987 wrote: View Post
I'm not having any problems.
What version is your Roku box?
❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2011, 07:43 PM   #62
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

indranee wrote: View Post
I still have my Bones and Buffy and Angel. Firefly is next on my list and it's still on! April Fools, I guess. I never learn. I'm an idiot.
It wasn't an April Fool's joke. The previous contract with FOX expired on April 1, which is why instantwatcher.com had them listed as expiring. A new agreement was made with FOX, and announced yesterday, with the addition of Glee and some other shows. The new contract runs through April 1, 2012.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2011, 07:44 PM   #63
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

April Fools is that they announced Star Trek and then didn't deliver.
Old April 2 2011, 11:03 PM   #64
indranee
Vice Admiral

Timby wrote: View Post
indranee wrote: View Post
I still have my Bones and Buffy and Angel. Firefly is next on my list and it's still on! April Fools, I guess. I never learn. I'm an idiot.
It wasn't an April Fool's joke. The previous contract with FOX expired on April 1, which is why instantwatcher.com had them listed as expiring. A new agreement was made with FOX, and announced yesterday, with the addition of Glee and some other shows. The new contract runs through April 1, 2012.

So instantwatcher no longer has the expiry date alongside those shows?
indranee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2011, 11:05 PM   #65
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Nope, the site now lists April 1, 2012, as their expiration dates (since the extension with FOX is a one-year deal -- and that's pretty standard, really, as I'm not aware of any streaming arrangements Netflix has made which extend beyond one year, and most are six months).
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2011, 11:11 PM   #66
indranee
Vice Admiral

Thanks Timby!
indranee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2011, 02:24 AM   #67
KB24
Fleet Captain

View KB24's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to KB24 Send a message via Yahoo to KB24

Okay, so the Fox shows are back and were just a rights thing, but why is the streaming, queueing, and searching of the CBS shows not all working?

Do you think Netflix has bit off more than it can handle now- jumping into original content before it has the infrastructure to handle the streaming influx they themselves created?

I think it might be neat if Netflix were to make deals to stream or rent material that is not available on DVD as yet, or secured the rights to material that may have been discontinued. To me, as someone who likes older things and often has to wait for I swear sometimes they only have one copy of one thing, this might be a good way to make a new niche for themselves. As opposed to original content and more shows that nobody has the time for.

What if Netflix got into film restoration and preservation? Or signed on independent film like Criterion? There's lots of other ways for them to go without getting crazy and ahead of themselves. And let's face it, they are getting ahead of themselves if so many folks are now having trouble with them.
http://ithinkthereforeireview.blogspot.com
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2011, 02:29 AM   #68
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus

Yeah, Star Trek, Frasier, and a couple of other shows still aren't up yet, and the ones that are, are coming along slowly. I don't expect everything to work at the drop of a hat, but Netflix doesn't really talk about their timetables in any appreciable depth.

Old April 3 2011, 02:45 AM   #69
IndyJones
Vice Admiral

My streaming is working fine today.
Travel's fatal to prejudice, bigotry, narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things can't be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's life.
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2011, 03:14 AM   #70
Santa Claus
Believe

I'm having issues with the Roku box. See, since Netflix has combined so many television show seasons, the Roku box takes much longer to load. For example, Cheers has 275 episodes. It takes about 5-6 minutes to load them. I'm hoping it gets faster in the future. There's also the issue of each episode playing after the previous one. As it stands, if I'm watching episode #200, at the end instead of going to #201, it jumps to a random episode.

Old April 3 2011, 08:56 AM   #71
Kirkman1987
Commodore

J. Allen wrote: View Post
I misread it seems. I use the Nintendo Wii for mine.
Kirkman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2011, 05:16 PM   #72
Santa Claus
Believe

I misread it seems. I use the Nintendo Wii for mine.
'Tis alright. Sometimes I forget people don't know I use a Roku set top box.

Old April 3 2011, 05:42 PM   #73
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

I'm having issues with the Roku box. See, since Netflix has combined so many television show seasons, the Roku box takes much longer to load. For example, Cheers has 275 episodes. It takes about 5-6 minutes to load them. I'm hoping it gets faster in the future. There's also the issue of each episode playing after the previous one. As it stands, if I'm watching episode #200, at the end instead of going to #201, it jumps to a random episode.
Perhaps your Roku box needs a firmware update?

I have my Playstation 3 hard wired to my router, Netflix runs like a dream. Takes about fifteen seconds for that list of 275 episodes to load.

It also highlights the very next episode if I'm watching a TV series.
Old April 3 2011, 06:28 PM   #74
Santa Claus
Believe

BillJ wrote: View Post
Perhaps your Roku box needs a firmware update?

I have my Playstation 3 hard wired to my router, Netflix runs like a dream. Takes about fifteen seconds for that list of 275 episodes to load.

It also highlights the very next episode if I'm watching a TV series.
My Roku box was updated last week with the 1559 revision driver. It does not need a new update (I just ran update again just to make sure).

Old April 3 2011, 06:54 PM   #75
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Spot's Meow wrote: View Post
My queue is still there, and my seasons are still listed as separate discs. I wonder if this is something they are trying on just some accounts?
It's some of the series and not others. I don't think it has to do with different accounts. And it's like this on both our PS3 and Roku box.
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote