RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,164
Posts: 5,344,601
Members: 24,601
Currently online: 594
Newest member: Capt_n_Admiral

TrekToday headlines

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 2 2011, 06:31 AM   #1306
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral
 
Gep Malakai's Avatar
 
Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

"Ample Nacelles Monthly."
__________________
"From the darkness you must fall, failed and weak, to darkness all."
-Kataris
Gep Malakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2011, 06:44 AM   #1307
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral
 
CorporalCaptain's Avatar
 
Location: Kentucky
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

....The Starship Boobyprise.
__________________
John
CorporalCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2011, 07:26 AM   #1308
Expo67
Captain
 
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Obviously, none of you have been on a date with any beautiful women in quite some time. Or if you have, you have obviously received the same response that the dirty old man from Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In got(when trying to use a few 'questionable pick-up' lines)when he tried to flirt with that lady sitting on the bench.

Judging by the dirty old men content that has been going on in this thread, I wouldn't be surprised.
Expo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2011, 07:35 AM   #1309
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral
 
CorporalCaptain's Avatar
 
Location: Kentucky
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Scans detect a vessel on an intercept course.
__________________
John
CorporalCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2011, 07:05 PM   #1310
Psion
Commodore
 
Psion's Avatar
 
Location: Lat: 40.1630936 Lon: -75.1183777
View Psion's Twitter Profile
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Expo67 wrote: View Post
Obviously, none of you have been on a date with any beautiful women in quite some time. Or if you have, you have obviously received the same response that the dirty old man from Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In got(when trying to use a few 'questionable pick-up' lines)when he tried to flirt with that lady sitting on the bench.

Judging by the dirty old men content that has been going on in this thread, I wouldn't be surprised.
Ruth Buzzi ain't exactly my idea of a hot date.



Although I suppose if you turned out all the lights ... nah, I'd still prefer my blow-up Exeter doll.
__________________
Twinkies are back. I knew they couldn't stay away from me for long.
Psion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2011, 09:11 PM   #1311
T'Bonz
Romulan Curmudgeon
 
T'Bonz's Avatar
 
Location: Across the Neutral Zone
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Is Expo67 for real? His constant admonishments to stay away from dirty thoughts are doing as much if not more than everyone else's posts to keep the thread on that subject. Good going.
Gah. Sometimes, I hate TrekBBS. I could deal with a little of this goofing, even if it's rather off-topic and not really something that should be in the forum (and of no interest to me as a woman) but as is typical on this BBS, people have to run a topic into the damned ground. I let it continue even though I said "enough" and that was a mistake on my part. I won't be so stupid next time.

We're done with this thread. I'm done with this stupidity. I have better things to do than watch pissing matches over things that shouldn't have even been in the forum.

[/grump]
__________________
Live long and suffer! - Ancient Romulan greeting.

Romulans aren't paranoid. We're merely proactively cautious.
T'Bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2011, 09:08 PM   #1312
Maurice
Vice Admiral
 
Maurice's Avatar
 
Location: Maurice in San Francisco
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

RobertBernardo wrote: View Post
DS9Sega wrote: View Post
Very interesting! I like the use of the wide-angle lens. Lighting is good. Is that a shot with the camera trucking/tracking backward as the Captain walks forward?
It's a lock-down shot with Garrovick coming down the full length of the corridor.

T'Bonz wrote: View Post
Gah. Sometimes, I hate TrekBBS. I could deal with a little of this goofing, even if it's rather off-topic and not really something that should be in the forum (and of no interest to me as a woman) but as is typical on this BBS, people have to run a topic into the damned ground. I let it continue even though I said "enough" and that was a mistake on my part. I won't be so stupid next time.
[/grump]
Personally, I'd like to stick to the topic at hand. There are other forums for discussing other topics.

Starship Exeter Act 4 is moving along. Currently, the first third of the act has been completely re-edited from scratch (a not insignificant job) to make it flow better and build up towards the climax. One significant problem was that in order to fix problems in Act 3 material was borrowed from Act 4, which left some significant narrative structural problems in the first half of the act that I've been working to resolve.

So, no date on when my part will be done, but I'm working as much as I can on it when I can. That's the most I can say.
__________________
* * *
"If you wanted to get a good meeting... just go in and
say 'darker, grittier, sexier' and whatever."
—Glen Larson, 2010

Last edited by Maurice Navidad; April 3 2011 at 09:30 PM.
Maurice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2011, 09:11 PM   #1313
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral
 
CorporalCaptain's Avatar
 
Location: Kentucky
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

DS9Sega wrote: View Post
One significant problem was that in order to fix problems in Act 3 material was borrowed from Act 4, which left some significant narrative structural problems in the first half of the act that I've been working to resolve.
Ouch!
__________________
John
CorporalCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2011, 09:30 PM   #1314
Maurice
Vice Admiral
 
Maurice's Avatar
 
Location: Maurice in San Francisco
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
DS9Sega wrote: View Post
One significant problem was that in order to fix problems in Act 3 material was borrowed from Act 4, which left some significant narrative structural problems in the first half of the act that I've been working to resolve.
Ouch!
It's the "borrowing from Peter to pay Paul" problem. Fortunately, it's not insurmountable, and may lead to Act 4 being better than it would have been otherwise. Film/video editing isn't a science, and you always have to deal with things like this.
__________________
* * *
"If you wanted to get a good meeting... just go in and
say 'darker, grittier, sexier' and whatever."
—Glen Larson, 2010
Maurice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2011, 09:35 PM   #1315
Expo67
Captain
 
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

DS9Sega wrote: View Post
CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
DS9Sega wrote: View Post
One significant problem was that in order to fix problems in Act 3 material was borrowed from Act 4, which left some significant narrative structural problems in the first half of the act that I've been working to resolve.
Ouch!
It's the "borrowing from Peter to pay Paul" problem. Fortunately, it's not insurmountable, and may lead to Act 4 being better than it would have been otherwise. Film/video editing isn't a science, and you always have to deal with things like this.
That's pretty heavy.
Expo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2011, 01:48 AM   #1316
Expo67
Captain
 
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

[QUOTE=DS9Sega;4859497]
RobertBernardo wrote: View Post
DS9Sega wrote: View Post
Very interesting! I like the use of the wide-angle lens. Lighting is good. Is that a shot with the camera trucking/tracking backward as the Captain walks forward?
It's a lock-down shot with Garrovick coming down the full length of the corridor.

T'Bonz wrote: View Post
Gah. Sometimes, I hate TrekBBS. I could deal with a little of this goofing, even if it's rather off-topic and not really something that should be in the forum (and of no interest to me as a woman) but as is typical on this BBS, people have to run a topic into the damned ground. I let it continue even though I said "enough" and that was a mistake on my part. I won't be so stupid next time.
[/grump]
Personally, I'd like to stick to the topic at hand. There are other forums for discussing other topics.

That's what I was trying to tell those ungentlemanly-like individuals.
Expo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2011, 03:26 AM   #1317
Maurice
Vice Admiral
 
Maurice's Avatar
 
Location: Maurice in San Francisco
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Expo67 wrote: View Post
That's pretty heavy.
Not really. It's pretty common. Elements in films get rearranged in editing all the time.

Expo67 wrote: View Post
DS9Sega wrote: View Post
Personally, I'd like to stick to the topic at hand. There are other forums for discussing other topics.
That's what I was trying to tell those ungentlemanly-like individuals.
Why tar people with "ungentlemanly" instead of just agreeing with the desire to stick to the subject?
__________________
* * *
"If you wanted to get a good meeting... just go in and
say 'darker, grittier, sexier' and whatever."
—Glen Larson, 2010

Last edited by Maurice Navidad; April 4 2011 at 08:46 AM.
Maurice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2011, 06:06 AM   #1318
Captain Robert April
Vice Admiral
 
Location: In selfless service to fandom, on the road to becoming a Star Trek trivia god...
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Definitely gotta work up that cover...
Captain Robert April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2011, 06:34 AM   #1319
J. Allen
Best Pony™
 
J. Allen's Avatar
 
Location: United States
Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

DS9Sega wrote: View Post
RobertBernardo wrote: View Post
DS9Sega wrote: View Post
Very interesting! I like the use of the wide-angle lens. Lighting is good. Is that a shot with the camera trucking/tracking backward as the Captain walks forward?
It's a lock-down shot with Garrovick coming down the full length of the corridor.
It is a great shot. As for getting the Act complete, just take your time. If it were all up to me, I'd rather have high quality late than poor quality fast.
__________________
:: :: ::
Visit Brony Kingdom, where all of your wildest dreams will come true.
:: :: ::
-=- My Patron Saint is Twilight Sparkle -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2011, 06:53 AM   #1320
Expo67
Captain
 
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

DS9Sega wrote: View Post
Expo67 wrote: View Post
That's pretty heavy.
Not really. It's pretty common. Elements in films get rearranged in editing all the time.

Expo67 wrote: View Post
DS9Sega wrote: View Post
Personally, I'd like to stick to the topic at hand. There are other forums for discussing other topics.
That's what I was trying to tell those ungentlemanly-like individuals.
Why to tar people with "ungentlemanly" instead of just agreeing with the desire to stick to the subject?
While I do concur with the desire to stick to the subject, I feel that the tarring of those people is justifiable. Being an Englishman and a gentleman, I have to point this out.

Anybody who makes some of those remarks about women like those individuals did are definately NOT gentlemen in my book. They just pretty much proved how little to no respect they have for women by the remarks they made.

If the Trek BBS were a workplace, there would be sexual harrassment complaints by the hundreds being made.

Consider that my final word in the matter.
Expo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.