Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old April 1 2011, 08:40 AM   #931
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

Re: What games are you playing currently?

I finished my second play through of Super Mario Galaxy today. Still one of the best 3D platformers ever made.

I just started Monster Tale for the DS. It's a fun Metroidvania type game.

I should be playing Dragon Age 2. I'm 15 hours into it but it's such a bad game I haven't touched it in over a week. It's sad to see how far Bioware has fallen.

I also started the third episode of Back to the Future: The Game.

I also finally got my first random hat drop in 230 hours of Team Fortress 2!

Kaijufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2011, 09:36 PM   #932
Lookingglassman
Admiral

Splatterhouse. A friend loaned it to me. I just am speechless....
Lookingglassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2011, 09:52 PM   #933
KJbushway
Commodore

Oh and currently playing QuakeLive again.
KJbushway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2011, 11:25 PM   #934
Geck
Rear Admiral

About to dive into Uncharted after reading all the praise it's gotten in this forum.
Geck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2011, 11:28 PM   #935
Bishop76
Fleet Captain

Kaijufan wrote: View Post
It's sad to see how far Bioware has fallen.
Yeah, I'd imagine they're really torn up about being considered one of the top RPG makers in the world and putting out last year's GOTY (effectively tied with Red Dead). I hope they can recover from that all...
Old April 2 2011, 08:42 AM   #936
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

Bishop76 wrote: View Post
It's sad to see how far Bioware has fallen.
Yeah, I'd imagine they're really torn up about being considered one of the top RPG makers in the world and putting out last year's GOTY (effectively tied with Red Dead). I hope they can recover from that all...
Where exactly in my post did I reference Mass Effect 2?

If Bioware keeps on making games with the quality of Dragon Age 2 they won't be considering one of the top RPG makers in the world for much longer. I've played every Bioware game since the first Baldur's Gate (with the exception of the Sonic DS game) and have loved all of the except for Dragon Age 2. The quality of Dragon Age 2 is so far below their other games it's hard to believe it was made by the same studio.

Despite the negative impressions and the poor demo I was willing to give Bioware the benefit of the doubt for Dragon Age 2. I paid $60 and feel incredibly ripped off. I should of waited to buy it until it was on sale on Steam for $10.

Old April 2 2011, 08:59 PM   #937
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

I've jumped back onto the Crysis games.... I figured out how to skip past the bugged level so I'm not forever stuck, so I'm going to plow through the first game and the expansion and probably buy the second game tonight.

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
archeryguy1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2011, 10:06 PM   #938
KJbushway
Commodore

Oh and Rainbow six Lockdown.
I play alot of the old games. I have all the deltaforces. I even play return to Castlewolfenstien. Duke nuke'm
KJbushway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2011, 04:44 AM   #939
Alex1939
Captain

The quality of Dragon Age 2 is so far below their other games it's hard to believe it was made by the same studio.
I don't understand the Dragon Age 2 hate. I think people put their expectations too high, because I love the game and the handful of other people I know playing it also love it as much as the first.
Alex1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2011, 04:58 AM   #940
Bishop76
Fleet Captain

Alex1939 wrote: View Post
The quality of Dragon Age 2 is so far below their other games it's hard to believe it was made by the same studio.
I don't understand the Dragon Age 2 hate. I think people put their expectations too high, because I love the game and the handful of other people I know playing it also love it as much as the first.
It has problems to be sure - it's not a perfect game. Dungeons need to be unique for one thing. And it's still an odd choice to make a game with no real arcing plotline through it but I still think it worked fairly well. DA2 certainly isn't their best game ever, but I found it more enjoyable than DAO personally and I don't see one game breaking a company. I mean, Jade Empire wasn't all that good and they still managed to muddle through.
Old April 3 2011, 05:21 AM   #941
Alex1939
Captain

Yeah I'm in agreement. I'm not trying to say it's perfect but to read some of the comments on the dragon age forums you'd think the game was just total shit and people should be outraged at the poor followup from dragon age origins.
Alex1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2011, 07:07 AM   #942
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

Bishop76 wrote: View Post
Alex1939 wrote: View Post
It has problems to be sure - it's not a perfect game. Dungeons need to be unique for one thing. And it's still an odd choice to make a game with no real arcing plotline through it but I still think it worked fairly well. DA2 certainly isn't their best game ever, but I found it more enjoyable than DAO personally and I don't see one game breaking a company. I mean, Jade Empire wasn't all that good and they still managed to muddle through.
Well I'm still looking forward to Mass Effect 3 and other future Bioware games. I'm hoping that Dragon Age 2 was just a misstep for Bioware. I also agree that Jade Empire was a bit of a misstep for Bioware (and I consider it their second worse game after Dragon Age 2) but I don't mind it as much because they were trying something different with it.

I think my post came off a little harsh. I'm just going to be a bit more cautiously optimistic about Bioware games in the future, especially about the Dragon Age games.

Old April 3 2011, 07:46 AM   #943
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral

Jade Empire is actually one of my favorite BioWare games.

I wish we'd get a sequel.
Hanukkah Solo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2011, 06:51 PM   #944
John Clark
Commodore

Skywalker wrote: View Post
Jade Empire is actually one of my favorite BioWare games.

I wish we'd get a sequel.
I haven't completed the first yet as other games usually end up taking priority. I would like a sequel someday though.
Old April 4 2011, 06:48 AM   #945
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus

Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer for GC.
❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is offline   Reply With Quote