Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old March 31 2011, 03:55 AM   #406
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Minecraft

You could make a lava level with lava on the floors, walls and ceilings behind a layer of glass. But a full 50x50 room would need at least 5,000 lava source blocks, so that's probably not feasible. If you use an inventory hack you could make a giant ice-rink.
Old March 31 2011, 03:59 AM   #407
Robert Maxwell
beep

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Hmm, I like the idea of lava walls, though. I might do that!

A spawner level is also a good idea.

I'm not gonna cheat to do any of this, so it's gotta be things that are feasible to do legitimately.
Old March 31 2011, 09:15 AM   #408
Reverend
Rear Admiral

The advantage with lava blocks is that if you do it right, a single source block can spread out to create seven vertical blocks. So you'd only need something like 20-30 to go all the way around your pit.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2011, 04:26 PM   #409
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, somewhere south of Seattle.

The Creeper.

Says it all really.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2011, 07:08 PM   #410
Peak
Fleet Captain

1.4 (the one with wolves) are out. I've spent a few Minecraft-days looking for them but haven't found any yet..

My DVDs
Peak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2011, 08:08 PM   #411
AdmiralGarak
Rear Admiral

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
I can't remember my first encounter with a creeper and how I learned that they explode, but the earliest memory of one that I can recall is the time I exited my wooden shack one morning and there was one right there, and it blew the side off my house. That's when I decided to upgrade to cobblestone.
I prefer glass. I built my home in the side of a cliff, with a big glass wall overlooking a field strewn with torches. Nothing sneaks up on me. I only wound up building a fence in front of the house yesterday because I got tired of hordes of cows mooing at my door while I tried to work on things. Yes, I'm more worried about cows than creepers.
AdmiralGarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2011, 08:38 PM   #412
Robert Maxwell
beep

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Peak wrote: View Post
1.4 (the one with wolves) are out. I've spent a few Minecraft-days looking for them but haven't found any yet..
Note that they only seem to spawn in forests and taiga, so you won't find them elsewhere.
Old March 31 2011, 09:06 PM   #413
judge alba
senior street judge

just out of interest when an update is available dose it automaticly update? or do i need to do that manaully?

also this games pretty addictive, i'm enjoying it more then i expected
Firm as a mountain.
Strike as powerful as thunder.
judge alba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2011, 09:27 PM   #414
Robert Maxwell
beep

You should be prompted to update, but you don't have to take the update if you don't want to. If you play online, you should make sure the servers you play on have also updated or you won't be able to play on them until they do! Bukkit servers do not support 1.4 yet (since it just came out today).
Old March 31 2011, 10:29 PM   #415
Canadave
Vice Admiral

View Canadave's Twitter Profile

AdmiralGarak wrote: View Post
TheGodBen wrote: View Post
I can't remember my first encounter with a creeper and how I learned that they explode, but the earliest memory of one that I can recall is the time I exited my wooden shack one morning and there was one right there, and it blew the side off my house. That's when I decided to upgrade to cobblestone.
I prefer glass. I built my home in the side of a cliff, with a big glass wall overlooking a field strewn with torches. Nothing sneaks up on me. I only wound up building a fence in front of the house yesterday because I got tired of hordes of cows mooing at my door while I tried to work on things. Yes, I'm more worried about cows than creepers.
Hey, cows can be annoying. Especially when you have a waterfront base...

"*splish splish* MOOOOO *splish splish* MOOOOOO" x 100
Old April 1 2011, 03:56 AM   #416
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Aww man, with a new version out, my custom skin pack doesn't work anymore. I'd forgotten how ugly the default game textures were. Gotta wait for the creator to release an updated version.

Judge Alba wrote: View Post
just out of interest when an update is available dose it automaticly update? or do i need to do that manaully?

also this games pretty addictive, i'm enjoying it more then i expected
Glad to hear you've gotten hooked. I've started to get bored a couple of times, only to start a new construction project and get addicted all over again.
AdmiralGarak wrote: View Post

Yeah you definately want to put nice big windows near the front of any entrance. Monsters seem to be attracted to doors.

Oh, and if cows are a problem, try removing any stray torches, or sticking a few off in a field. Animals seem to cluster around lights during the night.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Last edited by Cutter John; April 1 2011 at 04:11 AM.
Old April 1 2011, 08:19 AM   #417
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

I don't really like to build block houses out of wood and stone; I just prefer to dig into the side of a hill, add a door and the entrance, and I'm happy. It makes it a bit harder to find but it looks better.

Did the 1.4 update fix the snow? It better have, or I'm going to have to threaten notch with a diamond sword

EDIT: Mobs killed by the sun now drop the items that correspond to them, like feathers for zombies. I'm pretty sure that in previous versions if they are burned by the sun they didn't drop them. This'll make wolf-taming much easier (provided I can find some) because bones are now dropped without the risk of being shot at! Also some creepers exploded near my house, but the newly-refurbished cobblestone reinforcements prevented the worst of it. I'll share some pics of the aftermath and my new lava-fall as soon as photobucket starts cooperating
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra

Last edited by Princess Luna; April 1 2011 at 08:52 AM.
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2011, 08:45 AM   #418
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

http://gamerant.com/minecraft-1-4-up...e-johnj-76552/

*starting to wonder if I post too damn much*
Old April 1 2011, 10:00 AM   #419
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Minecraft USB Desktop Nether Portal

Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2011, 02:41 PM   #420
Robert Maxwell
beep

Oh, I want that.