Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old February 2 2011, 09:18 AM   #31
starsuperion
Captain

Re: The Time Lord Compendium

This is a crude colour concept for the Tardis (Time Travel Capsule) Idea I have been toying with for the time lord compendium.. this design is going to be the basis for the actual schematic I have uploaded previously.. so that will be changing, sorry.. it is basically the same design..

I wanted to remove the rods from the warp engines, and place them separately in between those areas..

I did 2 coloured versions..a white version for those who like the classic Tardis look, and prefer to think of it as a white ship kinda like the Federation vessels in Star Trek and Star wars ships.. it seemed to fit a classic narrative..

but I also have a mock up of the orangish and reddish rust coloured version which mimics the only known time ship we have ever seen.. the Time Station Zenobia..courtesy of the trial of a time lord featuring the 6TH Doctor..

now, I happen to believe the Tardis is the Red colours.. and inside it can be whatever is needed..

now some have asked me, what about the jettisoning of the rooms?

that is simple, the rooms inside this structure simply cease to exist, and end up being converted into energy, which is then deposited into the vortex, and allows for the power boost the ship needs..

in the image above you see the opaque and drab swirl of gases and clouds and such that is the artificially generated dimension in which the actual Tardis ship exists.. (keep the phrase time travel capsule in mind)

below the ships we see the vortex event horizon generated by the massive containment sphere and the reverse gravitational generators at the base of the ship.. this is how the Doctor's Tardis moves in the vortex.. however, it also moves through it's gigantic warp engines which are on the sides of the ship's massive structure..

think of the Starship enterprise TOS version, but in glowing blue..

Yes the Tardis has warp engines, it is mentioned in the Tardis Handbook an officially licensed product from the BBC

the top of the ship has the massive reception antenna which receives a direct energy pulse from the eye of harmony on Gallifrey.. it is located at the top of the ship to feed into the copy held in the massive containment sphere below the ship.. this is to be controlled by the time column, and keep the ship from overloading with that energy.. the Tardis must release massive amounts of charged energy otherwise it's large engines could phase and explode.. if done so, it could rupture the time vortex (a massive artificially generated wormhole that spans the universe and is how time travel is possible..)

this happened in the Pandorica opens episode.. and is also a way that Rassilon was going to try and destroy reality by creating a rupture that would rip all of existence apart..

anyhow, a time travel capsule is basically a large self contained ship which sits in it's own dimension.. the dimension could go on for ever, and so could the ship if expanded.. the ship's skin is made from Validium a living metal created by Rassilon.. this metal grows and adheres to a specific computer response system, or an artificial mind like that of the Tardis.. it's controlled and molded to form the basic shell that is a time travel capsule.. easily repaired, and versatile..the perfect material to create a space ship which must suffer with no repairs in a ship yard, and to stand up against the immense forces of the time vortex, gravitational stresses, and loss of sections of it's skin due to unforeseen events..

the reason the Tardis is alive, is because of this living metal..this living metal is necessary to shield the ship from temporal events, being that it becomes a complicated time event through it's ability to exist outside of normal space and time..it can amend it's existence unlike a simple inanimate object.. the Tardis can handle causality changes..

Picture this ship, sitting in it's own dimension..the massive warp engines revolving with brilliant colour, and below the vortex spinning and being manipulated by the massive reverse gravity engines below.. also spinning like the TOS Enterprise engines..

If I could get this done in 3D that would be awesome, as it is, this is a rough draft..since I do not know how to do 3D, this will have to do to convey what I meant..

the time vortex is small due to the sheer amount of power it took to create it..in the beginning of Time lord history, the Time vortex was created by using the eye of harmony, and a living Probe similar to the hand of Omega.. the living probe flew into the artificial wormhole created by the eye of Harmony, and left from Gallifrey, to the end of the universe, and back.. in a massive circle that runs the length of all reality..round and round in loops getting smaller in circumference and then looping back to the beginning..hence the term "vortex" this took sooo much energy and dark matter to fill and keep open that only a small ship could travel within.. but it took tremendous power to move within this vortex at the speeds necessary to traverse time..so the creation of a massive ship within it's own dimension was used, and the small doorway or box was perfect size to travel in the narrow time corridors..this is why the Time lords built their ships the way they are.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS.. I WISH I COULD DO 3D ART.. IT WOULD LOOK SOOOO AWESOME THAT WAY..Unfortunately though I am only left with what I know how to do..

Also:

the ship doesn't actually shuffle it's rooms..what happens is that sections of the corridors and pathways to parts of the ship are dimensional bridges..so if you are on one side of the ship you can easily end up on the other side and make it to your destination instantly, instead of a turbo lift ala star trek..in the Doctor's Tardis, there is a fault in the system, and so these bridges sometimes end up changing at random.. some connections last for years, some change every hour, or minute..some respond to the Doctor's mind via telepathic circuits..

Also:

this Tardis works for both classic and New series and here is why:

This ship can be grown due to it's living metal shell, and the interior can become what ever the doctor makes of it via the architectural config system..which has a fault in it as well as the Dimensional bridge system. The Tardis used to update it's software on Gallifrey and then the interior of the ships were downloaded and any erroneous information like glitches in it's block math computations, or it's matter formulas were corrected.. since the Tardis is without the contact with the home planet's computer system, the machine has to scan other planets and use replacement parts that are easily replicated using simple matter re construction parts.. the simpler the object to replace the part, the easier the Tardis can repair itself..

imagine if the Enterprise D replicators began to break down, and all it could do was make simple foods like an apple, or pear.. as apposed to a complex dish like Ferengi spaghetti or some thing like that..

Last edited by starsuperion; February 2 2011 at 02:10 PM.
starsuperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2 2011, 10:57 PM   #32
Davros
Fleet Admiral

This looks a lot better than the old Doctor Who Technical Manual from the 80s. Great work
Old February 2 2011, 11:54 PM   #33
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I love this.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2011, 08:29 AM   #34
starsuperion
Captain

Davros wrote: View Post
This looks a lot better than the old Doctor Who Technical Manual from the 80s. Great work
thanks man, I appreciate the support, there is plenty more to come..plenty more

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I love this.
thanks admiral! I will get with you soon on that commission..

I have worked all night to sanctify this gift!!!

Here is a more refined version of the tardis concept design..

a better description of this form is the time travel capsule..

think of the word tardis as the explanation of the entire machine..

the relative dimension.. (a massive space-time ship in an artificially generated dimension mapped over by a small n-space interface)

tardis describes the entire system..
while time travel capsule is the actual machine..

a good example:

warp drive spaceship = Tardis
Capital ship=time travel capsule

anyways a full replacement schematic will be coming for page 26 of the tl compendium soon..

Last edited by starsuperion; February 4 2011 at 05:50 AM.
Old February 4 2011, 04:53 PM   #35
starsuperion
Captain

Tardis page 26, that has changed it will be added later, and I decided to add this page instead.. the captain uniform is next, and then the female time lords!

Time Lord Compendium: Page 10, the Chancellery Guards!

I felt that the Chancellery, in the old days, would have probably been a part of a Normal Tardis crew. It makes sense that as a plain old Gallifreyan, if you could not join the academy and become a time lord, then service in the Chancellery Guard was most likely the next best choice. But why join the chancellery, if not to be able to traverse space and time and explore??

so an an incentive to drive enlistment, I am sure that the ability to gain favor and accompany the time lord cadets on their missions was probably a worth while and sought after choice. I can see the Chancellery being sent to capture a creature to bring back to the Tardis for study, or secure a piece of technology for study, and replication.. and so on..

in the early days of the Time lords, it was mentioned that they sometimes interfered with other worlds.. and if on missions their ship was commandeered by aliens, it would be necessary to have an action crew available for security reasons, much like the red shirts on a star trek ship..LOL

even though we never saw females in this role, it seems pretty hard for me to believe that all guards were just men.. so expect female guard uniforms to be included as part of this compendium, as well as time lady cadet uniforms..

more to come.. including details on sonics, stazers and so on..this will be more like the TOS Technical manual then anything else..

for large downloads, and the updated images for this compendium, please go to my deviant art website..

here:

http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/

Last edited by starsuperion; February 5 2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old March 27 2011, 03:26 AM   #36
starsuperion
Captain

okay guys I have some updates to this project..
I fixed some of the art, and did some technical corrections to the designs of some other things..

expect a villains section to include renegades, and some representatives of villains from the classics..Dominators, Daleks, cybermen, Borusa, master, rani, etc.. etc..plus technology

like a staser schematic, the demat gun, and more!

here is the updated compendium thus far.

note: there will be a section covering the Gallifreyan home world like the previous art, and sections detailing the Tardis, and it's corals and schematics detailing the panopticon and more.. it's slow going but I am making progress, and will update this thread with new art each week..(but please don't hold me to it though)

again this is going to be a TOS star trek technical manual style fanzine..but with Doctor who time lords as the main subject.

for a complete free full high rez download visit my deviant art page:
http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/

more to come, stay tuned!
Old March 27 2011, 11:08 AM   #37
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

"Oh yes!!!" *Says in Tenth Doctor voice*

Old March 27 2011, 04:45 PM   #38
starsuperion
Captain

"Oh yes!!!" *Says in Tenth Doctor voice*
more to come my friend.. more to come..and I will be doing as much as I can to make this like the Star Trek technical manual from the TOS series..

I even have comic book and DWM researches going on that should yield some cool designs.. like the black-hole ships from the comic strip star death! which depicted the death of Omega, and showed the Time lords doing what made them so powerful..

more to come.. indeed..

also I hope you like the colour changes to the cover to more or less bring a feeling of the time war, and the colours of the time lords during that period..
Old May 16 2011, 02:13 AM   #39
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I love the color to the cover...I assume that means we'll get a section on the Time War?? I want more!

Old May 16 2011, 02:28 AM   #40
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Hire this guy to work on Doctor Who, that's all i'm sayin....

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2011, 02:32 AM   #41
starsuperion
Captain

I love the color to the cover...I assume that means we'll get a section on the Time War?? I want more!
yes time war tech coming soon.. and with my new revelation on how the machine works, expect better and more canonical ideas to form in the pages of this work..especially after seeing the Doctor's wife episode..

Brent wrote: View Post
Hire this guy to work on Doctor Who, that's all i'm sayin....

I am flattered.. (face turns red with pride)
Old June 24 2011, 06:58 PM   #42
S. Gomez
Rear Admiral

Suddenly my own fan project of stories featuring the Twelfth Doctor (ie, one of my own creation) seems piddly and small-minded in comparison. It looks like you're having so much fun, probably even more than the rest of us are. Good stuff! Let us know when we can download the whole thing in one go.
Old June 26 2011, 07:36 PM   #43
starsuperion
Captain

here are the latest additions to the Time Lord compendium..

the Type 91 war Tardis:
http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart...e-55-214578771

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
another schematic page will be done for 56, which will detail the ship's colour scheme..

Type 91 War TARDIS

Less then 20 years before the beginning of the last Time War the first Type 91x TARDISes, prototypes for the Type 91, were created. Their default shapes are deliberately large and eye-catching - usually appearing to be gold space ships - massive spires of gold, with corkscrews at the tip and covered in spikes. The Type 91 would continue to be produced for at least the first 50 years of the Time War. They are equipped with a variety of weapons which can be launched from their Time Warp Silos including:

Weaponry

1. Earthshock Bombs consist of fission-fusion devices that create a tiny hole in the Space-Time Continuum. This creates massive amounts of radiation and intertemporal shock waves. These weapons were occasionally mounted on Type 40 TARDISes around the time of the Doctor's birth and were capable of reducing large asteroids to rubble.

2. Time Torpedoes are also launched from the Time Warp Silos of a War TARDIS. It takes a little over 30 seconds for them to reach their target. When they detonate, their target is frozen in a microsecond of space-time for several centuries. These weapons are capable of breaching even a TARDIS's defenses.

3. A Tuckson-Jacker Energy Weapon is based on the technology used in certain weather control systems. When set to broad spectrum, the Tuckson-Jacker Energy can tractor a TARDIS out of the Vortex and into real space. When set to pulse-mode, the Tuckson-Jacker Energy bursts are capable of penetrating a TARDIS Force Field. A successful hit renders both the TARDIS and the Time Lord operator incapacitated. Any Lesser humanoid species that was aboard would be killed.

4. An Artron Cannon, which is capable (at point blank range) of killing a Chronovore or an Eternal. A more general form of this weapon includes the ability to release an omni-directional psychic blast of Artron Energy by opening a direct wormhole to the Prime Eye of Harmony on Gallifrey. The resulting burst of Artron Energy will kill any Timeships that are within the blast radius. The blast will also destroy any Chronovores in the area.

5. A powerful Vortex Lance rounds out the offenses of a Type 91 War TARDIS.

Note: This design is slightly more accurate to the original and has additional spikes added, as well as some minor corrections. These War Spires were brass coloured with Gold in some areas, and a small bit of mirror like chrome. The Colour guide is next.

Temporal Anchor: as a War Tardis lands on solid ground, the bottom section below the main footing materializes under ground. This section anchors itself to that gravitational molecular Matter (planet). If a Dalek ship were to try to remove the War Tardis from it's anchor, it would have to drag the entire planet with it. this device was created to counter act Dalek Temporal Prison technology.

Weapon Nexus: A War Tardis weapons nexus is simply the portal generation system which accesses the weaponry from within the tardis by opening a time space bridge to launch it's weapons from. This includes energy weaponry and force field shielding. The Weapons nexus would create a ring of energy through which time torpedoes would launch at various enemy targets, with a full 360 degree accuracy, top and bottom. This energy ring would look like a halo around the ship's weapons Nexus section.

Twisted Spire This top section is a focus structure for the release of the Artron canon, it is modeled on the ancient Gallifreyan Symbols seen in the Tower of Rassilon from the Five Doctors special. In some cases this Spire was used to ram Dalek command ships, which once pierced their Arton canons were fired obliterating the enemy ships from within.[/QUOTE]

and the Mark I Starbreaker:
http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/#/d3k24jg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Mark I Starbreaker is a Gallifreyan class starship used to create the black hole that led to the energy source known as the eye of harmony. The IX series of the Time Lord Compendium chronicles the early Gallifreyan technology and planetary, galactic, and local structures.

Prior to the creation of the Time Lords, Rassilon headed the Prydonian Chapter. With Omega, he planned to make the star Qqaba go supernova. The energy released would enable the Gallifreyan race to travel through time, to become Time Lords. A saboteur from the future known as Fenris, caused the death of Omega (as the official story goes) but the time controller on Fenris' belt proved useful to him. (DWM: Star Death)

On the order of Grand Master of the Prydonian Chapter, Rassilon, Lord Griffen and Lady Jodelex await the collapse of the dying star, Qqaba. Fenris (also known as the Hell-Bringer) a mercenary from the future travels back in time to sabotage the experiment and change Time Lord history. He causes the ships' statis halos to fail leaving Lord Omega doomed to fall into the black hole. But Rassilon’s intervention sees Fenris dispatched and the experiment a success. Fenris’ discarded belt provides the much needed technology to utilise the new energy and will provide a form directional control.

As chronicled in Doctor Who Magazine #47

stardeath:

Omegan sunskippers, bowships and more to come..

Last edited by starsuperion; June 27 2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old June 26 2011, 07:46 PM   #44
starsuperion
Captain

For the best updates from the compendium, please visit my deviant art page to download the full high rez images. some of the images posted here in the forum, are older, and modifications have since been made on some of the pages..
Old June 26 2011, 10:26 PM   #45
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

Starbreaker, hmm?