Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old March 17 2011, 05:23 AM   #706
trekkiedane
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trekkiedane
Re: Your latest purchases, cont.

Kestra wrote: View Post
trekkiedane wrote: View Post
Some expensive brush, called foolee, for my cat.
I looked it up because I was curious, and our cat brush looks somewhat similar. Well the comb part does, the handle is some cheapo plastic thing because we got it at the local pet store. It's really quite wonderful and he seems to be happy with it.
I bought mine at the local vet (it's a one minute walk around the corner from where we (the cat and I) live). That -I believe- (buying it at the vets) is why it was so expensive

What can I say? It's the first time I have a cat that isn't actually my parent's and she's still less than one year of age: nothing's too good for my kitty
Old March 17 2011, 05:24 AM   #707
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Two gallons of milk from the store I work at.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2011, 05:27 AM   #708
Kestra
Vice Admiral

nothing's too good for my kitty
That's certainly something I won't disagree with!
Old March 17 2011, 10:41 PM   #709
Eleanor_zhDarjel
Fleet Captain

Train tickets from Hannover to Koblenz to visit my parents. First class and all...
Old March 18 2011, 12:20 AM   #710
Holdfast
Procul, O procul este profani!

Some expensive brush, called foolee, for my cat.
That seems a tremendously well-designed and useful comb. The demo video on their website is very impressive. I bet your cat will appreciate being properly groomed like that.

Haven't been buying much over the last few days apart from lunches at my local cafe, and a couple of meals out. But I did also pay for some new (and some old but re-collared in contrasting colours) bespoke shirts, which I ordered a while back but only received yesterday:

(click for full-size image which shows the patterns up better)
Holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2011, 12:22 AM   #711
RoJoHen
Awesome

My cat hates being brushed. I will never buy another brush for her again.
Old March 18 2011, 06:36 PM   #712
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

Niorah wrote: View Post
Same here

Also, I ordered a 16 GB USB flash drive to extend the puny 20 GB HDD space on my 360.

Holdfast wrote: View Post
Haven't been buying much over the last few days apart from lunches at my local cafe, and a couple of meals out. But I did also pay for some new (and some old but re-collared in contrasting colours) bespoke shirts, which I ordered a while back but only received yesterday:

(click for full-size image which shows the patterns up better)
Very nice! I have quite a few similar shirts although I'm in the process of changing my wardrobe to "plain white shirts + tie only" after watching too much Mad Men
Old March 18 2011, 07:20 PM   #713
Kira's Mom
Fleet Admiral

View Kira's Mom's Twitter Profile

I plan to buy this dress from Macy's- if I can use my coupon for it. I love Tommy Hilfiger clothes, and Macy's is just about the only store that carries the plus sizes. I need some nice casual/dressy clothes for my upcoming New Orleans trip! I like this one, too, but I really can't afford both right now.

I also just bought a copy of Christopher and his Kind by Christopher Isherwood, because my library doesn't have it, and I want to read it before I see the BBC movie with Matt Smith.

ETA- ah, crap. My coupon is expired. I'll buy the dress anyway. I need a treat.
Old March 18 2011, 07:35 PM   #714
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

I actually like the plaid dress better than the second one you linked (and it's rare for me to dislike anything with blue in it). The way the color is blocked on the second makes even the model look a bit pear shaped.

Yes, New Orleans is hotter than HELL, but be sure to bring a light sweater for night time and indoor places. Here in the Gulf Coast, a lot of place set the A/C on Artic Blast setting. While it's 88 F outside (with 90% humidity), it might be 58 F inside.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2011, 07:42 PM   #715
Kestra
Vice Admiral

auntiehill wrote: View Post
I actually like the plaid dress better than the second one you linked (and it's rare for me to dislike anything with blue in it). The way the color is blocked on the second makes even the model look a bit pear shaped.
I agree, the plaid one is very nice!
Old March 18 2011, 08:07 PM   #716
LitmusDragon
Commodore

Futurama Vol 4 (last one I was missing)
Megamind- blind bought it because it's been "Long wait" on Netflix for three weeks now
Rift digital download (only $32 at Amazon now!)
Old March 18 2011, 09:02 PM   #717
Kira's Mom
Fleet Admiral

View Kira's Mom's Twitter Profile

Kestra wrote: View Post
auntiehill wrote: View Post
I agree, the plaid one is very nice!
Well, if Kestra and auntiehill say it's better, then plaid it is! I'm going to wait a couple of weeks.
Old March 18 2011, 10:37 PM   #718
Niorah
Fleet Admiral

View Niorah's Twitter Profile

SPCTRE wrote: View Post
Also, I ordered a 16 GB USB flash drive to extend the puny 20 GB HDD space on my 360.
These days you can find some very good deals on the internet for a second hand 120Gb Xbox HDD to substitute yours, and a transfer cable to go with it so not to lose all the content you already have.

That's what I did and I'll never look back.
Old March 18 2011, 10:47 PM   #719
Holdfast
Procul, O procul este profani!

... I did also pay for some new (and some old but re-collared in contrasting colours) bespoke shirts, which I ordered a while back but only received yesterday:

Very nice! I have quite a few similar shirts although I'm in the process of changing my wardrobe to "plain white shirts + tie only" after watching too much Mad Men
Thanks SPCTRE. I'm pretty far from being a clothing minimalist. Not orthogonally positioned to it, but pretty far in the opposite direction, so I could never go white shirt only. It is a very smart business look though, if done right.

Casual looks are harder with just white shirts though I think, esp. if you like earthy colours for casual items. White can be too stark against those I feel.
Holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2011, 01:51 PM   #720
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

Niorah wrote: View Post
These days you can find some very good deals on the internet for a second hand 120Gb Xbox HDD to substitute yours, and a transfer cable to go with it so not to lose all the content you already have.

That's what I did and I'll never look back.
Yep, I know - that's definitely the way to go in terms of bang for the buck!

The USB flash drive is more of a short-term solution to keep my expenses down this month.
... I did also pay for some new (and some old but re-collared in contrasting colours) bespoke shirts, which I ordered a while back but only received yesterday:

Thanks SPCTRE. I'm pretty far from being a clothing minimalist. Not orthogonally positioned to it, but pretty far in the opposite direction, so I could never go white shirt only. It is a very smart business look though, if done right.

Casual looks are harder with just white shirts though I think, esp. if you like earthy colours for casual items. White can be too stark against those I feel.
It is a very smart look and to be honest I'm pretty much overdressed for the company I work at, but what the hell - I enjoy wearing that stuff

Your point about the casual looks is also very true, I feel pretty much the same - which is why I'm not getting rid of my old shirts

I just wish I didn't need extra-long sleeves, that would definitely make it easier and less expensive to get new shirts.