Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 18 2011, 10:13 AM   #1
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus
Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

So I check my Netflix Instant Queue this morning and I find two things:

1] That TV series seasons are now all grouped together.
2] That my 400+ movies and TV shows are now wiped out, leaving only 12 seemingly random titles.

I have yet to call Netflix, but I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Edit: They've now re-appeared, and I tried to call Netflix but had a 20 minute wait. A 20 minute wait early in the morning? I'm betting I'm not the only one with the issue. So the titles are back, and they've still grouped entire series' seasons together, so just as an example, now it's not 3 seasons of Avatar with 18-20 episodes each, it's one monolithic block of Avatar with 54 episodes. I don't think I like that.
❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Last edited by Santa Claus; March 18 2011 at 10:36 AM.
Santa Claus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2011, 01:41 PM   #2
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Re: Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

We noticed that they are now grouping all TV seasons together. In a way, it makes sense, but if you're watching a show that has seasons that have not yet been released, it might make it more difficult to know when they are available on Instant Queue, just by checking Netflix.

On the other hand, I just started watching 30 Rock and I did find it annoying that I had to add all of the seasons to my Instant Queue. Not the end of the world, mind you, but a minor annoyance all the same.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2011, 03:22 PM   #3
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus

shivkala wrote: View Post
We noticed that they are now grouping all TV seasons together. In a way, it makes sense, but if you're watching a show that has seasons that have not yet been released, it might make it more difficult to know when they are available on Instant Queue, just by checking Netflix.

On the other hand, I just started watching 30 Rock and I did find it annoying that I had to add all of the seasons to my Instant Queue. Not the end of the world, mind you, but a minor annoyance all the same.
I don't know what they're doing. Normally I'm quite satisfied with Netflix, but lately, they've been changing up a few things. One thing is that my Roku box despises Netflix, because either Roku or Netflix can't get the coding down right and so I get buffering, skipping, restarting, rebuffering, poor quality on my connection even though the connection itself is more than enough (and plays on my PC without a hitch).

It also doesn't help that Netflix doesn't have an official forum. I have to glean what's going on from a dozen sources that may or may not know anything about what's going on. I still don't know what caused my movies to disappear, and now I'm concerned that it can happen again, and be permanent next time.

Old March 18 2011, 03:54 PM   #4
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

They should have...

Add season
Add show / series

That would help.
Old March 18 2011, 03:57 PM   #5
Santa Claus
Believe

^ See, now that makes sense, and would be very simple to implement.

Old March 18 2011, 04:05 PM   #6
barnaclelapse
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to barnaclelapse

My Instant Watch queue appears to be fine. Thank God, because I was all set to start sobbing hysterically and ripping out large pieces of skin from my face.

I don't handle change very well.
barnaclelapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2011, 04:07 PM   #7
Santa Claus
Believe

barnaclelapse wrote: View Post
My Instant Watch queue appears to be fine. Thank God, because I was all set to start sobbing hysterically and ripping out large pieces of skin from my face.

They must have fixed it quickly, because I had been on the line waiting behind god knows how many other people when my queue cleared and showed my list as 434 titles again.

Old March 18 2011, 04:07 PM   #8
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Same here. Though mine is so large it might have been better to have had to start over.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2011, 04:07 PM   #9
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

My queue is still there, and my seasons are still listed as separate discs. I wonder if this is something they are trying on just some accounts?
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2011, 04:09 PM   #10
Santa Claus
Believe

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post

Same here. Though mine is so large it might have been better to have had to start over.
How many do you have, if I may ask? I'm trying to figure out the upper limit on the queue.

Spot's Meow wrote: View Post
My queue is still there, and my seasons are still listed as separate discs. I wonder if this is something they are trying on just some accounts?
Mine went back to normal around 5:30 AM (EDT), so I'm hoping everyone else's queue is back to normal.
As for the seasons/series thing, that's the odd part. Series' like Avatar and Quantum Leap are consolidated, while Married With Children, A-Team, Monk, Roseanne and Seaquest are not.

Old March 18 2011, 04:10 PM   #11
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

^450, I think it will take me about 10 lifetimes to get through it...
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2011, 04:11 PM   #12
Santa Claus
Believe

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
^450, I think it will take me about 10 lifetimes to get through it...
I'm pretty close with 434. I was told by someone (I forget who) that it goes up to 500. I'd test it by adding a bunch of movies, but then deleting titles is a very slow and painstaking process. The reason I'm curious is that next month, a whole bunch of great shows are coming down the line (the CBS releases), and I want to have room.

Old March 18 2011, 04:43 PM   #13
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

Mine shows X-Files seasons 1-3 separately, but all of Farscape is grouped together. When I click on Farscape, the page has separate tabs for each season, which is a pretty good way of doing it. There's also a button to switch between "Streaming Episodes" and "Episodes on Disc".
Old March 18 2011, 05:16 PM   #14
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

My queue is exactly the same... maybe mine is getting changed over later today.
Old March 18 2011, 06:01 PM   #15
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

I had my queue disappear once, after I put my account on hold for about 90 days. I freaked, like it was 500 movies.

I called. It was all there. Must've been some computer issue (duh) and within moments I could see it again.