IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old March 3 2011, 01:55 AM   #1036
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Quite so. Personally, I find South Park can be quite entertaining and thought-provoking. And it helps when they throw in a lot of Star Trek jokes.
http://www.projectpotemkin.com
Potemkin_Prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2011, 03:08 AM   #1037
Expo67
Captain

The only Star Trek joke that I noticed was the spoof of 'Dagger Of The Mind'(an episode of TOS that was not all that hot, despite its interesting premise). Aside from that, that was it.

Entertaining and thought-provoking? Maybe to those of such juvenille, sophomoric, and liberal mentalities. But to those of a more staunch, conservative nature, not in the slightest bit.
Expo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2011, 04:12 AM   #1038
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Expo67 wrote: View Post

Entertaining and thought-provoking? Maybe to those of such juvenille, sophomoric, and liberal mentalities. But to those of a more staunch, conservative nature, not in the slightest bit.
IDIC anyone?
Old March 3 2011, 04:18 AM   #1039
bob reed
Lieutenant Junior Grade

The only Star Trek joke that I noticed was the spoof of 'Dagger Of The Mind'(an episode of TOS that was not all that hot, despite its interesting premise). Aside from that, that was it.

So who is this guy to be able to come in here and just insult who ever he wants?
bob reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2011, 04:46 AM   #1040
Expo67
Captain

BillJ wrote: View Post

IDIC anyone?
Point taken. I stand corrected.
Old March 3 2011, 04:47 AM   #1041
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

Then you're speaking from ignorance. There's dozens of Star Trek references in the series, from the red shirt getting killed by "the big scary monster" to Cartman's mom's SUV being used as a shuttlecraft by the kids while playing Star Trek.

You know, you're really speaking from ignorance. You have no idea about my political sensibilities, and you've no idea about the series you're trashing. You're also reflecting BADLY on your associates who are trying to get their own fan film series (using the Exeter sets) off the ground.

You've come into this thread and demanded we return to the original subject, and now you're denigrating folks with different tastes than your own. Personally, I think that's uncalled for and unfair.
http://www.projectpotemkin.com
Potemkin_Prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2011, 04:50 AM   #1042
Expo67
Captain

So who is this guy to be able to come in here and just insult who ever he wants? [/QUOTE]

Someone who was brought up by the old school generation.
Old March 3 2011, 04:56 AM   #1043
bob reed
Lieutenant Junior Grade

So who is this guy to be able to come in here and just insult who ever he wants?
Someone who was brought up by the old school generation.[/QUOTE]

I will tell you this..... THAT does not give you the right to insult anyone.
bob reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2011, 05:02 AM   #1044
Expo67
Captain

Potemkin_Prod wrote: View Post
Then you're speaking from ignorance. There's dozens of Star Trek references in the series, from the red shirt getting killed by "the big scary monster" to Cartman's mom's SUV being used as a shuttlecraft by the kids while playing Star Trek.

You know, you're really speaking from ignorance. You have no idea about my political sensibilities, and you've no idea about the series you're trashing. You're also reflecting BADLY on your associates who are trying to get their own fan film series (using the Exeter sets) off the ground.

You've come into this thread and demanded we return to the original subject, and now you're denigrating folks with different tastes than your own. Personally, I think that's uncalled for and unfair.
Perhaps I should have been more clear in my viewpoint. South Park, from my observations and those that I have spoken with, is a clear example of how sick the world is, and most of all, a clear indication of how humanity is literally going down the tubes.

A prime example of this is the character of Cartman. An individual who has the gall and the nerve to make constant racial slurs and other vile comments about another character's religion. I believe that the young man is named Kyle. And if I am not mistaken, Kyle is of the Jewish faith.

Cartman has gone as far as even dressing as Adolf Hitler, which goes to show you how sick, twisted, vile, ignorant, and demented his mentality is. The very idea of dressing up as someone who had six million lives exterminated is just twisted and downright disturbing. And unfortunately, that kind of mentality is also reflected in today's youth.

A youth, for which, has gotten out of control in today's world, because the elders have not re-enforced old fashioned discipline(i.e. paddling a youth on the rear end for showing disrespect).
Old March 3 2011, 05:12 AM   #1045
Expo67
Captain

It is not my intention to insult. I am voicing a point of view on a semi-controversial subject. If it comes off as such, then so be it. I cannot change a person's thought processes anymore than I could put a square peg through a round hole. I am not in that type of business.

That is my final word on the subject of South Park.
Old March 3 2011, 05:35 AM   #1046
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

You should have taken your own advice a page ago.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2011, 05:40 AM   #1047
Maurice
Vice Admiral

View Maurice's Twitter Profile

I reiterate...

DS9Sega wrote: View Post

GARROVICK
Stay on topic! Stay on topic!

Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2011, 05:54 AM   #1048
Expo67
Captain

cardinal biggles wrote: View Post

The last time I looked, it was a free country. Not former Soviet Russia.
Old March 3 2011, 05:56 AM   #1049
Expo67
Captain

I reiterate...

GARROVICK
Stay on topic! Stay on topic!

Much obliged. And I like the photo of Garrovick, too.
Old March 3 2011, 06:00 AM   #1050
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles wrote: View Post
The last time I looked, it was a free country. Not former Soviet Russia.
The last time I looked, it was a privately owned discussion board.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote