Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 16 2011, 12:18 AM   #16
Checkmate
Commodore

Re: THE CAPE(NBC) *Spoilers!*

Jetfire wrote: View Post
Great ep.
Very interesting...this show keeps getting better too bad NBC is pulling the plug.
It's the show's own fault for starting off as awfully as it did. Even after hearing that it's gotten better, I have absolutely no desire to give this show a chance because of just how awful that initial experience was. And I really enjoy the superhero genre to boot.

Regardless, no need to blame NBC for everything. Sometimes shows ruin themselves.
Checkmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2011, 02:44 AM   #17
David cgc
Vice Admiral

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
Shame there's only four episodes left. If it does get cancelled it would be nice to get a graphic novel to wrap things up. Having an actual Cape comic would be quite cool.
I think my favorite conceit of the show is each act having a title, as if it were an individual issue and each episode was a comic book story arc.
Old February 22 2011, 03:54 PM   #18
Tom
Rear Admiral

Did anyone watch this last night? Kinda a meh for me. The reveal of Orwell's dad being Fleming was a bit of a let down as was most of the dream stuff. The Litch with his 'I feel no Pain' but he still a regular dude who can be knocked out.
Old February 26 2011, 04:00 PM   #19
Jetfire

Checkmate wrote: View Post
Regardless, no need to blame NBC for everything. Sometimes shows ruin themselves.
Perhaps. I don't watch NBC except for The Cape and I might watch Wonder Woman if it gets picked up.

Tom wrote: View Post
Did anyone watch this last night? Kinda a meh for me. The reveal of Orwell's dad being Fleming was a bit of a let down as was most of the dream stuff. The Litch with his 'I feel no Pain' but he still a regular dude who can be knocked out.
I liked Part 1 better than Part 2...over all this really slowed the momentum of the series. The reveal was lacking a bit. Since this show is a goner...I am ready for it to be over.
Old February 27 2011, 06:50 PM   #20
Jetfire

Monday, February 28th 9/8c

Episode 9 “Razer” Official Description
THE CAPE, MAX MALINI AND THE CARNIVAL MISFITS INFILTRATE SCALES AND HIS GANG TO PROTECT PALM CITY- LIL ROMEO, ELLIOT GOULD AND SLAINE GUEST-STAR–Concerned about the protection of his gang’s city territory, Scales (Vinnie Jones) makes a controversial pact with Fleming (James Frain) and plans to bring a dangerous villain, Razer (guest star Grant Bowler), to the city. Vince (David Lyons) intercepts Razer’s arrival, disguises himself as the villain and infiltrates the inner circle of Scales and his gang. Meanwhile, Fleming battles internally with his alter ego, Chess, and Orwell (Summer Glau) remains in a dreary state, hinting at a uncertain future.
I was reading that even though THE CAPE has 10 eps...this 9th one might be it. The Event returns the 7th and the 10th ep is unscheduled.
http://www.capesite.net/is-episode-9...g-up-the-cape/

Old February 28 2011, 03:23 AM   #21
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

^^ Razer has the power to defeat everyone playing an FPS.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2011, 03:26 AM   #22
Mr Light
Admiral

I was mildly enjoying this series but this recent two parter with the zombi guy was intensely uninteresting.

Mr Light is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2011, 06:22 PM   #23
Hyperspace05
Commodore

I actually liked the "Lich" two-parter... I am enjoying the show.
Hyperspace05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2011, 05:11 PM   #24
Jetfire

"Razor" was a pretty good ep...looks like Chess is in Orwell now?

Flash: The creators of The Cape are prepping an exclusive episode just for online fans! Keep watching this site in the days ahead to see a full-length special episode.
http://www.nbc.com/the-cape/

Looks like the 10th and final ep will be online...which is good they are doing this for the fans...would have sucked if the series ended with "Razor"
Old March 1 2011, 05:21 PM   #25
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Jetfire wrote: View Post
"Razor" was a pretty good ep...looks like Chess is in Orwell now?

Flash: The creators of The Cape are prepping an exclusive episode just for online fans! Keep watching this site in the days ahead to see a full-length special episode.
http://www.nbc.com/the-cape/

Looks like the 10th and final ep will be online...which is good they are doing this for the fans...would have sucked if the series ended with "Razor"
Yea, it's their way of saying we are burning this off on the net, and the show is dead, R.I.P.

Not that anyone should be surprised based on the show's ratings.

They were wrapping up production on episode ten when NBC cut the order from 13 to 10. Do you think we'll get a coda tacked on that resolves the situation?
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2011, 12:07 AM   #26
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
They were wrapping up production on episode ten when NBC cut the order from 13 to 10. Do you think we'll get a coda tacked on that resolves the situation?
If they do, then they've made a DVD sale in me, if not... who wants to buy a book that's missing the final chapter?

Honestly, I'm sick of getting invested in shows and then having the network pull the plug without any resolution. I think that from this point forward, I'll just wait for shows to be released on DVD before deciding whether or not to watch them at all. That way I know in advance if it's a book without the final chapter or not.

Last edited by Turtletrekker; March 2 2011 at 03:14 AM.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2011, 02:12 AM   #27
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Last night was actually fairly decent, surprisingly. I'm always surprised when they won't let a show finish its run when its like 9 eps into 13 but I guess show biz is a biz in the end.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2011, 07:27 PM   #28
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

You know what would have been a gripping alternative to the other nights episode?

Watching Orwell paint her room.

Rolling her sleeves up and going to town with her roller whitewashing her living space.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2011, 10:14 PM   #29
Tom
Rear Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
You know what would have been a gripping alternative to the other nights episode?

Watching Orwell paint her room.

Rolling her sleeves up and going to town with her roller whitewashing her living space.
Watching her paint her room naked using various body parts to do it would be even better!
Old March 3 2011, 11:36 PM   #30
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

It's over

Originally Posted by Zap2it
"The Cape" ended its on-air run on Monday (Feb. 28), even though it still has one more episode left to air.

You'll still get to see that episode -- you'll just have to watch it on a somewhat smaller screen. As reported by TV Series Finale, the 10th and last episode of "The Cape's" first season will debut online sometime this month.

A note on the show's page at NBC.com reads, "The creators of 'The Cape' are prepping an exclusive episode just for online fans! Keep watching this

site in the days ahead to see a full-length special episode."

Prospects for "The Cape's" return for a second season were fairly dim anyway, and moving the final episode off-air doesn't brighten them any. NBC had initially planned to air two episodes of the show on Monday, but its meager ratings (just 4.1 million viewers and a 1.2 rating among adults 18-49 this week) led the network to decide against taking "Chuck" off the air two weeks in a row ("The Event's" two-hour return will pre-empt it next week).

I tried to like this show but it was just so bad I had to stop watching after the fourth episode. And to people who don't look at ratings, yes The Cape's were really awful. Also, LOL at Summer Glau's luck. Homegurl is really cursed, isn't she?
And because so many people would be lying if they didn't see it coming,

Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote