CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old February 27 2011, 04:54 PM   #2656
Scout101
Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Online

yeah, if you found that spot, the rest works out. I never got the white circle on the map to go to, though, so wandered through the map, thinking maybe it was that cave at the end i was looking for. Eventually found the spot by accident, but the Reman had wandered off by then and couldn't be found. Had to reload it...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old February 27 2011, 06:48 PM   #2657
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

Scout101 wrote: View Post
yeah, if you found that spot, the rest works out. I never got the white circle on the map to go to, though, so wandered through the map, thinking maybe it was that cave at the end i was looking for. Eventually found the spot by accident, but the Reman had wandered off by then and couldn't be found. Had to reload it...
Yep, they definitely need to make the waypoints larger; BUT if you zomm in on the main map (not your mini-map) all the proper waypoints will show.

My comment was regarding the stoyline and 'enviromental atmosphere' of the mission.
Old February 27 2011, 11:13 PM   #2658
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

I will try to start it tomorrow.
Old February 28 2011, 02:28 PM   #2659
Trek
Fleet Captain

Really enjoyed playing Coliseum last night. I thought it was a fresh take and the crash site at the end looked incredible.
Twitter: @Trek88
Old February 28 2011, 05:08 PM   #2660
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

I really liked, that it didn't use any story formulae even the other FE missions coulndt completely shed so far. With a few tweaks it could have worked as a TV episode, a good one.
Old February 28 2011, 08:20 PM   #2661
Trek
Fleet Captain

Yeah, the whole trekking across a desert with an alien you've just escaped with is straight out of several classic episodes.
Twitter: @Trek88
Old February 28 2011, 10:07 PM   #2662
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

Well the fighting music is a nice touch, as well as the desert trek. Did I miss activating a gateway, because I found a cave with a black wall I could not enter?
Old February 28 2011, 11:10 PM   #2663
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

er, no you didnt complete an earlier objective though... once you are in the desert you need to:

- hide between some rocks from scorpion fighters (which wont do anything but you wont progress the mission otherwise)
- treat the injured and tired Reman with plants and herbs you find in the desert
-find survirval items in the canyon (optionals for all 3 careers)

look at the map to find the spots, since its such a huge map you need to zoom in to see the white circles... the tricorder hels find stuff as well

After that you can enter the cave and get a cutscene that gets you to the next part of the map.
Old March 1 2011, 12:38 AM   #2664
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

I clearly missed some objectve. I will have to figure out what I missed.
Old March 1 2011, 03:15 AM   #2665
Scout101
Admiral

Likely the spot to hide while the ships fly over. Been a common problem.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
Old March 1 2011, 11:01 AM   #2666
judge alba
senior street judge

quite enjoyed the episode had some help which was good. One thing that stumped me at first was the matrhs thing took a few minutes to work out what i was supposed to do

also completed 'infected' last night with the help of Dante and a few non fleeters. That last part was frustrating but managed to complete it. didnt take as long as last time i tried it.
Firm as a mountain.
Strike as powerful as thunder.
Old March 1 2011, 11:58 AM   #2667
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Congratulations on your success at Infected. I remember how frustrating the last room can be. These days it usually takes just a few minutes and the whole mission about 90 minutes at average.

Hope to see you on our next fleet run and give me a call if you feel you are ready for the Cure.

I agree Dantes is a good addition to the fleet, glad we picked him up for Khitomer Accord.
Old March 1 2011, 09:32 PM   #2668
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

Will any spot near large rocks do? All that happened before the cave were packs of ground attacking animals.
Old March 1 2011, 09:39 PM   #2669
Scout101
Admiral

No, there's a specific spot (pretty close to where it told you hide in the first place). If the Reman is still following you, pretty much go back to the start and walk away again, and by trying a few of the piles of rocks, you may trigger the next message.

Unfortunately, my Reman eventually just left (or disappeared), so when i got the message, I no longer had anyone to heal, and just reset the level instead. I only had to replay from the desert part, though, so not bad.

The white circle you're supposed to go to is either glitchy or so small that it is hidden by the rocks it's telling you to go to. In my case, I'd swear it was never there, because I tried to get the map as big as possible to find a hint once I couldn't find the spot.

From a writing standpoint, it's a great episode, and the graphics are great, just that one trigger seems a bit buggy...
Old March 1 2011, 10:08 PM   #2670
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

I put some purple lower level gear in the officers tab of the bank for our lower ranked officers.
Closed Thread