Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old February 18 2011, 05:02 AM   #3331
Jonny
Lieutenant Commander

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Dire match last night man that was hard to watch even though Liverpool got the 0-0 they obviously played for.

Honestly the most entertaining part of the game was when the smoke covered the pitch basically lol. Hopefully the second leg will be better lol
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2011, 04:43 PM   #3332
eightofninekev
Ensign

Everton through to the next round of the FA cup
I thought it was a good game so many close shaves ,then when chelsea scored in exta time i thought it was all over. Then a Bains free kick and were back in in.
Then Penaltys they scored we mised i thought it was all over .They scored we scored ,then Howard made a save and we were back in .Then down to the last penalty Cole skies his penalty .Up steps Phill Neville and scores COYBB
eightofninekev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2011, 05:34 PM   #3333
Jax
Admiral

Forest beating Cardiff 2-1...15 mins left COME ON REDS
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2011, 07:59 PM   #3334
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

^ bah.

Leyton Orient have cheered me up a bit to be fair. Seriously bad weekend in the Championship for us though.
Old February 23 2011, 02:07 PM   #3335
Jax
Admiral

Forest 2-2 Preston

We scored in the 92nd minute and the scored in the 95th minute...Problem was it was 40 seconds over the time already added on...nice one ref Also the Preston staff flooded our techinal box during their celebrations, no breach of FA law there ?

Oh well Preston your still going down to League One even with the help of the ref's.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Old February 23 2011, 09:04 PM   #3336
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

^ I was on train coming back from our game when someone yelled out about that Preston goal. I swear the train left the rails as most of the people on it leapt cheering!
Old February 23 2011, 10:43 PM   #3337
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Fcuk me, Man United are boring at times. Typical european away performance from them. Little desire other than to try and nip one on the break.

Too many average players - Carrick, Gibson, O'Shea, Fletcher etc, supplemented by lazy fcuker Berbatov and show-pony-wannabe Nani.

Hopefully Marseille will do them on away goals at OT.
Old February 24 2011, 05:45 PM   #3338
Jax
Admiral

^ I disagree Fletcher is an average player but hes not there for moments of magic, hes there to tackle. Fletcher is a must for me BUT Fergie has no flair along side him and thats a worry. Smalling is coming along nice and looks like England might have a nice future combo of him and Blackburn's Phil Jones which reminds me a lot of Terry/Ferdinand back in the day - so good news.

This is fucked up however...

Chile U20s defender Bryan Carrasco takes cheating to a new low as he punches himself in the face using an opponent's arm
Old February 24 2011, 05:57 PM   #3339
CommanderRaytas
Rear Admiral

Although I don't support them, I believe they deserve an honourable mention: Go FC Bayern München!!!!! Seeing anyone beat that no-good Italian team is always a pleasure!
CommanderRaytas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2011, 06:12 AM   #3340
Iasius
Rear Admiral

As disappointing as this football season has been for me so far, at least I can celebrate the now mathematically certainty of the Bundesliga gaining a fourth CL spot next year (ie 2012/13 CL season). Serie A will lose one.
Old February 25 2011, 09:42 PM   #3341
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

So long as Napoli get in there next year, or even win the Scudetto this season. They're the first Italian side I've ever liked.
Old February 26 2011, 12:01 AM   #3342
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Iasius wrote: View Post
As disappointing as this football season has been for me so far, at least I can celebrate the now mathematically certainty of the Bundesliga gaining a fourth CL spot next year (ie 2012/13 CL season). Serie A will lose one.
About time, the Bundesliga's superior to Serie A and has been for years.
Old February 26 2011, 12:02 AM   #3343
Iasius
Rear Admiral

Won't change things for the 2011/12 CL season.

It took a while because it's based on a five year ranking. The German Bundesliga has earned more points for the last four seasons than Serie A, so we should be able to keep it for a while, but we did have to wait for some bad years to fall out of that ranking.

By the way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsEbf-o83fc

I didn't see it myself at first, but then
Old February 26 2011, 12:12 AM   #3344
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Yeah - next year's co-efficient should be interesting - Germany's poor season disappears, along with Spain's brilliant one, so you should get closer still to them. Plus, we pull further away at the top. Sweet.
Old February 27 2011, 08:19 PM   #3345
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Oh, Arsenal...