To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old February 22 2011, 12:06 PM   #301
Mytran
Fleet Captain

Re: NCC-1701 USS Enterprise Deck by Deck - WIP

Wildstar, that is an excellent photo! Is it really all that remains of that old site? That's such a shame, we could all use more shots like that!
Mytran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23 2011, 11:09 PM   #302
cyranojones69
Cadet

can i offer you two tribbles for a spot of....information? this is my first time here and i'm stumped, i'm a hands on kinda fellow. i'm trying to build a mego scale bridge and transporter. bridge is easy, but the transporter panels...where can i find them? oh and 3dbuzz is fasinating.
havoc92 wrote: View Post
Hi, all! I have been working this for quite a while and was advised that I might wish to post here as well. My updates are primarily posted at the WIP forum on 3dBuzz.com; so, I'll link there.
havoc92 wrote: View Post

http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=175366

This is a top to bottom, deck by deck build of the Enterprise using the Franz Joseph prints primarily. I'm cross-posted on multiple sites at present by request. So, if you don't see updates here, check 3Dbuzz or Scifi-meshes.

My regular update for today should show the amount of work I have in it so far:

So here's what I posted to buzz this morning:

--- begin.

So, I changed the fore section of the nacelle. Still not totally happy with it; but, happier than before. The nacelle still needs some internal and external work done; but, for the moment, she's done for the rough-in work. Other things needing done will require that the shoring up of the shuttlebay be completed and the port pylon be attached - the which I'm not ready for as yet.

That said, it's time to get back to the Bridge deck. That needs to be completed and the skins for decks 2-4 need redone. Technically, I could leave that for the detail phase; but, we'll see. For the moment, some overall progress pics and a poly count..

--- end

This is done in 3dsMax 5. The intent is to build a high res model suitable to any purpose I may deem fit to use it for in the future and a lower res model fit for export into Oblivion and Unreal engines. My primary testing so far has been in the Thief III version of the unreal engine.

My build is designed around phases as outlined in the thread at 3dbuzz. I decided to do a rough-in pass to ensure the geometry is all correct, followed by a cleanup pass, then a detail pass. I didn't want to be detailing her to the teeth if the decks weren't aligned or measurements were off.

Questions and comments, suggestions all welcome.

Havoc
cyranojones69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2011, 08:23 AM   #303
wildstar
Lieutenant Commander

Mytran wrote: View Post
Wildstar, that is an excellent photo! Is it really all that remains of that old site? That's such a shame, we could all use more shots like that!
I've got about 60 MB of reference images for the TOS 1701 I've gathered from the net since probably 1997 that I used when I was working on the deck plans.

I've just uploaded to that same Flickr page the ones that were from the IDIC page, as well as some other black and white ones I found online of the hangar deck (some have some of my own notes on them when I was drawing the hangar deck plan). I can't remember where I got those b/w ones. There isn't any website name or (c) on them.

Hope they help other deck plan and 3D modelers out there.
wildstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2011, 04:39 PM   #304
havoc92
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to havoc92

[QUOTE=cyranojones69;4762559]
can i offer you two tribbles for a spot of....information? this is my first time here and i'm stumped, i'm a hands on kinda fellow. i'm trying to build a mego scale bridge and transporter. bridge is easy, but the transporter panels...where can i find them? oh and 3dbuzz is fasinating.
Which transporter panels? Is there an image you
can post as reference for what you're looking for?
Old February 24 2011, 11:00 PM   #305
Mytran
Fleet Captain

wildstar wrote: View Post
Mytran wrote: View Post
I've got about 60 MB of reference images for the TOS 1701 I've gathered from the net since probably 1997 that I used when I was working on the deck plans.

I've just uploaded to that same Flickr page the ones that were from the IDIC page, as well as some other black and white ones I found online of the hangar deck (some have some of my own notes on them when I was drawing the hangar deck plan). I can't remember where I got those b/w ones. There isn't any website name or (c) on them.

Hope they help other deck plan and 3D modelers out there.
Those are some fantastic shots, many thanks indeed for sharing them. Views of the hangar deck miniature are rare and these are gems!

BTW, I hope you had a good time at Portmerion. It's just a few miles away from where I live and is a fascinating little village - emphasis on little, they did some very clever editing in the series!
Mytran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2011, 01:07 PM   #306
Classic Fan
Rear Admiral

View Classic Fan's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Classic Fan

DUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!

I need to go and buy a whole new set of underwear, ive gone through them all.

This is truly amazing.

Yeah, ive had a pop at 3d modelling parts of the Enterprise we never saw and parts that i wouldve liked to see, infact, a couple of years ago i modelled the bridge (part of it) in full scale 3d, took me a year just to do the centre captain/helm and the raised platforms and railings section around work etc.

But this is just, OMFG.

The whole damn thing, from keel plates to mast (excuse the naval terms.)

Think you've inspired me to repost some of my work. Blow the dust off em again.

I love you
"Course your not,your not scared of anything. Box falls out the sky, man falls out of box, man eats fish custard. Look at you, just sittin' there,you know what i think? Must be helluva scary crack in your wall" - The Doctor
Classic Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2011, 09:41 PM   #307
havoc92
Commander

Classic Fan wrote: View Post
DUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!

I need to go and buy a whole new set of underwear, ive gone through them all.

This is truly amazing.

Yeah, ive had a pop at 3d modelling parts of the Enterprise we never saw and parts that i wouldve liked to see, infact, a couple of years ago i modelled the bridge (part of it) in full scale 3d, took me a year just to do the centre captain/helm and the raised platforms and railings section around work etc.

But this is just, OMFG.

The whole damn thing, from keel plates to mast (excuse the naval terms.)

Think you've inspired me to repost some of my work. Blow the dust off em again.

I love you
Thank you. Coming back from a weird week or two, being sick, etc, this really is like an energy boost and motivator. Very much needed and appreciated.

Havin a little trouble gettin back in the saddle; but, got a little progress this morning:

Old February 27 2011, 08:47 PM   #308
havoc92
Commander

Doesn't look like much; but, this was a PAIN. I had to completely rebuild this console as all the verts shifted. On export from the other scene file,
apparently is when it happened. So, as it was just seemingly quicker to rebuild than to fix... At any rate, movin along. Had to pour through
a lot of reference images to put this together and there is more to show than is apparent in the image; but, that'll all show up tomorrow, hopefully.
Really wanting to wrap these up and get going on other details.

..that probably won't happen; but, that's what I'm gunning for.
Old March 2 2011, 12:48 AM   #309
havoc92
Commander

Ok, running way behind on this. Really been pouring over the library of images to find all the detail I need. Still digging; but, here's where we are at the moment:

Old March 2 2011, 07:36 PM   #310
havoc92
Commander

This is what I have at the moment.

The areas in pink there are what I'm trying to sort out. I've inferred most of what's in the black square section above from grainy out of focus shots.
May be right; but, I'm not real confident that it is. The lowere section there is obscurred due to the camera angles used much of the time. I may have
to wing it as well. In any case, most of the text on these panels is unreadable, which is also causing fits.
Old March 2 2011, 09:57 PM   #311
Nascence
Lieutenant

Havoc,
You doing such an awesome job on all of this!
Here are some images of Main Engineering that may help you out.

http://img823.imageshack.us/i/engineeringlarge.jpg/

http://img845.imageshack.us/i/trektosengineering2.jpg/

http://img829.imageshack.us/i/37701070.jpg/

http://img714.imageshack.us/i/images1daw.jpg/

http://img576.imageshack.us/i/elaanoftroyius212.jpg/

And I have a drawing of Scotty's station with the main routing panel and consoles

http://img217.imageshack.us/i/tos2x1...38trekpul.jpg/

http://img218.imageshack.us/i/toseng...wallpaper.jpg/

Hope this helps you out!
Nascence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2011, 10:36 PM   #312
havoc92
Commander

Got all but one of those; but, thank you anyway. Always appreciate the help
Old March 10 2011, 08:27 PM   #313
havoc92
Commander

Lots of life "crap" waded through lately including a server crash. Moving forward again.

A little more progress. Inching along with this; mostly confident about what I'm looking at now. Still have to build the monitor,
do some boolean work and chamfer the main console body; but, as the man from new york says "Getting closer, I'm getting closer"
Old March 16 2011, 05:16 PM   #314
havoc92
Commander

These units got really poly bloated due to how I intended to do all the cutouts. The strategy failed miserably. No booleans; so, I'm having to cut in
every recessed light on the console manually. Taking a lot of time to do; so, I took a break and built the monitor for the right console. Have to check it against
some reference images to determine whether it needs scaled or not; but, not stopping to worry about it at the moment.

Here's what it looks like for the time being:

Old March 30 2011, 06:01 AM   #315
havoc92
Commander

Hey all, just to give an update: Mild bronchitis turned into walking pneumonia on me and I'm getting my wind back now; so, progress essentially halted for a while. Dating isn't doing me any favors on getting things done of late either; so, with the newfound free time; will try to get some headway going again in the next few days.