Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Giacchino Tour Arrives In North America
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

IDW Publishing October Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Cho As Romantic Lead
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old February 16 2011, 05:20 PM   #316
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Re: STO Trek BBS Fleet

Short notice fleet event today at 1600 EST.
No STF this time but we are gonna do some fleet actions like Starbase 24 and Gorn Minefield.
Please attend for maximum of fun.
Old February 16 2011, 06:24 PM   #317
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

I would if I could, but I'm at work so I won't be able to join. Perhaps another time.
Old February 16 2011, 06:59 PM   #318
Scout101
Admiral

Same here, will be at work. Actually, it's a little better, will JUST be getting out to play in my dodgeball league, but still can't be home in time for that...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old February 16 2011, 07:30 PM   #319
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Same here, will be at work. Actually, it's a little better, will JUST be getting out to play in my dodgeball league, but still can't be home in time for that...
Well, I had to put in some starting time. I have another day off tomorrow, so I can stay up late and if you guys can be online later we can put this on a sliding timescale
Old February 18 2011, 02:51 AM   #320
dukesman
Commander

Ok I am now fleet free so invite away!

Thanks again.
Old February 18 2011, 05:14 AM   #321
think
Rear Admiral

View think's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to think Send a message via AIM to think Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to think Send a message via Yahoo to think

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Short notice fleet event today at 1600 EST.
No STF this time but we are gonna do some fleet actions like Starbase 24 and Gorn Minefield.
Please attend for maximum of fun.
STF? what is that? Star trek fleet?

?
Steam Faucet ?

well; I had my friend that loves trek for the story line stuff, team up with me and join the fleet he is on a laptop so he was having some movement problems I might give him a mouse that he can use but we will see. He should be @ the bbs soon maybe tomorrow or the next day although this might overwhelm him the bbs and all the various facets of it ..
I am experiencing a psychotic break from thinking correctly please stand by as a type this thought exactly as I am thinking it. Dont worry I have done this before.. I am also trying to write again in a trek sim @ http://www.starbase118.net
Old February 18 2011, 10:18 AM   #322
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

STF means Special Task Force. It's a mission that has to be done with 5 player captain's on the team and can't be played alone. It's the closest thing the game has to a raid.
It's endgame content, so you have to be at least a Rear Admiral 5 to get access to it.
Old February 18 2011, 10:27 AM   #323
think
Rear Admiral

View think's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to think Send a message via AIM to think Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to think Send a message via Yahoo to think

wait are your toons really playing this all the time so you reach the Admiral level or is there like cheats that are going on ????

lol not that it matters I am into playing lots I just don't know if I could make it all the way to Admiral before I self combusted or something lol
I am experiencing a psychotic break from thinking correctly please stand by as a type this thought exactly as I am thinking it. Dont worry I have done this before.. I am also trying to write again in a trek sim @ http://www.starbase118.net
Old February 18 2011, 10:32 AM   #324
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

No cheats... I have 5 Vice Admiral toons, 1 Captain and one Lt. Commander. Been in the game since open beta though.
Old February 18 2011, 11:28 AM   #325
think
Rear Admiral

woe the power there and the time spent omg unreal i guess
Old February 18 2011, 06:22 PM   #326
judge alba
senior street judge

took me just under a year to get to vice admiral. That's not playing everyday though, maybe a four hour day or two a week
Firm as a mountain.
Strike as powerful as thunder.
Old February 18 2011, 08:05 PM   #327
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Well, if you think I'm crazy (I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested!!!) there are players far worse. Some people who maxed out their toon slots and deleted some to start over grinding to VA in about a week again.
Old February 18 2011, 08:35 PM   #328
Rincewiend
Vice Admiral

I think i hit VA in 3 months or so...
Old February 18 2011, 09:20 PM   #329
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

dukesman wrote: View Post
Ok I am now fleet free so invite away!

Thanks again.
Invite sent...
Old February 19 2011, 03:06 PM   #330
Blamo
Fleet Captain

It's not that difficult to level up quickly if you know how.

1) If you know how (and are slightly lucky) you can do two DSE missions in under 5 minutes. That means in under 5 minutes the Borg Deep Space Encounter missions will net you an easy 1000 xp.

2) With the exception of some of the normal misisons, there's little point in playing them on a second run through. They reward little xp for a lot of time and effort.

3) On the otherhand, some of the series episodes reward you with good xp (that levels) for something that takes very little effort or time. For example Spin the Wheel. Most of them also give decent rare equipment too, which you can either use to equip yourself or sell on the exchange.

4) PvP is a great place for some fun xp and cash (as well as medals to spend on uncommon equipment). The biggest problem is the queues at lower levels are only really active at certain times.
Closed Thread