Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old February 15 2011, 10:17 AM   #46
Alienesse
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Alienesse
Re: Worst Star trek actor ever

Anji wrote: View Post
Scott Bakula.
Admittedly, Enterprise is not his best work, but I wouldn't count him among the worst Trek actors. I think he did OK overall and even had some shining moments in Season 3 when Archer finally got some interesting things to do.

One performance I thoroughly disliked was Diana Muldaur as Dr. Pulaski. She came across as overly inflexible.

Last edited by AlienGoo; February 15 2011 at 10:32 AM.
Alienesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2011, 01:34 PM   #47
Isis
Commodore

sonak wrote: View Post

Leonard Nimoy, Mark Lenard, and Tim Russ all did great jobs playing Vulcan characters. Her bad acting had nothing to do with her character being a Vulcan.
sonak, have you been reading my mind?
Isis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2011, 04:59 PM   #48
Danny99
Vice Admiral

Enterprise's writing was bad at times, but there's no way that's any excuse for how bad Blalock's acting was. There's a difference between Vulcan and wooden. If anyone wants to continue saying it was the writing, take a look at her appearances on Stargate as Ishta. *shudder*
Old February 15 2011, 05:04 PM   #49
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

Beltran.
Old February 15 2011, 09:41 PM   #50
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Danny99 wrote: View Post
Enterprise's writing was bad at times, but there's no way that's any excuse for how bad Blalock's acting was. There's a difference between Vulcan and wooden. If anyone wants to continue saying it was the writing, take a look at her appearances on Stargate as Ishta. *shudder*
Her performance there had two settings (on a range of 1-10): 1 and 15.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2011, 10:05 PM   #51
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Anwar wrote: View Post
I'd agree that Blaylock could be very hit and miss as T'pol. One episode she'd hit it out-of-the-park and the next would be a foul tip out to the catcher.
Old February 15 2011, 10:07 PM   #52
Ghel
Commander

diankra wrote: View Post
TheLobes wrote: View Post
Robert Beltran. I think hes probably not that bad, but he just wasnt trying.

Chakotay's mouth said 'Borg cube closing fast', but Chakotay's eyes said 'Wheres my paycheck?'
From some of what he's said, he was actually thinking 'How obviously disinterested do I have to be before they'll sack me?' He'd asked for a better role, and then asked to leave, but they just held him to his contract and offered more money, so at one point he set out to get himself sacked. (According to his version at cons, that is).
If that is true, it is a sad way to kill your own career. How do you explain THAT to future directors looking to hire you. "It's not that I'm a bad actor, sir, I was just bored with the job and attempting to get myself fired."

Director of new project. "Fantastic, you're hired. I can't wait for you interpretation of MY script!"
Ghel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2011, 02:07 AM   #53
drazzz52923849
Lieutenant Commander

View drazzz52923849's Twitter Profile

Kelthaz wrote: View Post

Jump to 4:20.
Oh don't you worry. i most certainly will.
Old February 16 2011, 02:38 AM   #54
Mr Pointy Ears
Captain

i didnt like ben cross as sarak,mard lenard did a much better job,and alexander enberg,both his roles as vorik(voyager) and taurik(lower decks epsiode,TNG)he suck big time as a vulcan,he only got these jobs because his is mother is jeri taylor.
Mr Pointy Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2011, 03:00 AM   #55
Solarbaby
Fleet Captain

View Solarbaby's Twitter Profile

Kelthaz wrote: View Post
I'm going to go with the nameless ensign from Voyager's "Displaced". From her hilariously over-the-top stunning to the worst line readings ever she fails on every level imaginable.

Jump to 4:20. Her scenes last for 20 seconds.

Give the girl a break all she had to speak was technobabble- it's not easy
Old February 16 2011, 03:04 AM   #56
Solarbaby
Fleet Captain

View Solarbaby's Twitter Profile

Sector 7 wrote: View Post
Keith1701 wrote: View Post
JiNX-01 wrote: View Post
Gates McFadden
I would disagree, Gates was great in the role of Doctor Crusher, but I must say Diana Muldaur was far worst Star Trek actor. Why in the world, they gave her a chance to replaced Gates McFadden during one season of TNG. Thank God, that they made agreement to bring back Gates after just one season with Diana Muldaur. Also, Diana appeared in one episode of TOS and she wasn't very good in that episode too, and that is when she was much younger.
...and I disagree with you, Keith1701. While I am fine with Gates McFadden, Diana Muldaur was possibly the best doctor in all of 24th century Trek. Her character made an excellent foil for Picard; finally, someone to stand up to him! There was never any intent for her to stay more than one season. She was there while Gates McFadden had her baby.

My vote for worst Star Trek actor ever would be Marina Sirtis. She may have had black hair, but she acted like a "stereotypical dumb blonde" throughout most of TNG.

I thoguth Gates had her baby in the 4th season. Thats why she wears the blue/green jacket over her unifrom to hide the bump. I was led to believe that TPTB didn't like crusher's character which is why she was replaced.

Marina's acting got better. I don't think she acted dumb- they wrote her dumb and inconsistent . She only appeared to have a brain whenever she wore a uniform and dumped the bunny suit
Old February 16 2011, 05:09 AM   #57
sonak
Vice Admiral

BillJ wrote: View Post
Anwar wrote: View Post
I'd agree that Blaylock could be very hit and miss as T'pol. One episode she'd hit it out-of-the-park and the next would be a foul tip out to the catcher.

Sorry but if we're going with the baseball metaphors, for Blalock it was either striking out swinging or striking out looking.

if she was hitting them out of the park it must've been during batting practice.
sonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2011, 05:38 AM   #58
Brolan
Commodore

Solarbaby wrote: View Post
Sector 7 wrote: View Post
Keith1701 wrote: View Post

I would disagree, Gates was great in the role of Doctor Crusher, but I must say Diana Muldaur was far worst Star Trek actor. Why in the world, they gave her a chance to replaced Gates McFadden during one season of TNG. Thank God, that they made agreement to bring back Gates after just one season with Diana Muldaur. Also, Diana appeared in one episode of TOS and she wasn't very good in that episode too, and that is when she was much younger.
...and I disagree with you, Keith1701. While I am fine with Gates McFadden, Diana Muldaur was possibly the best doctor in all of 24th century Trek. Her character made an excellent foil for Picard; finally, someone to stand up to him! There was never any intent for her to stay more than one season. She was there while Gates McFadden had her baby.

My vote for worst Star Trek actor ever would be Marina Sirtis. She may have had black hair, but she acted like a "stereotypical dumb blonde" throughout most of TNG.

I thoguth Gates had her baby in the 4th season. Thats why she wears the blue/green jacket over her unifrom to hide the bump. I was led to believe that TPTB didn't like crusher's character which is why she was replaced.

Marina's acting got better. I don't think she acted dumb- they wrote her dumb and inconsistent . She only appeared to have a brain whenever she wore a uniform and dumped the bunny suit

It also didn't help that she was the designated T&A character on TNG.
Old February 16 2011, 06:39 AM   #59
Anwar
Vice Admiral

At least it was before the T&A got out of hand and overly blatant.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2011, 07:12 AM   #60
seven_of_nineski
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I would have to say Jolene Blalock as one of the worst, if not the worst regular.