Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 12 2011, 02:27 AM   #16
milo bloom
Fleet Captain

Re: Superman Classic

Great little short. Definitely need more animation like this.
Old July 4 2012, 06:26 PM   #17
the G-man
Commodore

Re: Superman Classic cartoon

milo bloom wrote: View Post
Great little short. Definitely need more animation like this.
July 2, 2012: "Bizarro Classic" Animated Short:
  • Veteran animator Rob Pratt has posted a follow-up to his very popular "Superman Classic" animated short which was based on the music of the 1940's Superman serials.
  • In Pratt's latest animated short, entitled "Bizarro Classic", Superman must face his imperfect clone while also avoiding Lois Lane's attempts to prove that Clark Kent & Superman are one-in-the-same. Returning to provide the voice of Superman (as well as Bizarro) is actor John Haymes-Newton, who starred in the first season of "The Adventures of Superboy", alongside his wife Jennifer who returns to voice the character of Lois Lane.
Cartoon at the link above.

For the love of god, will someone in power at WB sober the hell up and give Pratt the greenlight to make either an ongoing Superman cartoon or full length movie like this?
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2012, 06:38 PM   #18
davejames
Vice Admiral

Pretty cool short, although the animation style is a little too cutesy and "Kids WB" for my taste.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2012, 06:44 PM   #19
the G-man
Commodore

Which is fine with me because I think one of WB's biggest mistakes is not coming up with a Superman that appeals to kids and brings new fans to the character.
Old July 4 2012, 10:07 PM   #20
Gaith
Rear Admiral

I'd rather see one three-minute story with a beginning, middle and end than two teasers for stories that'll almost certainly never continue.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2012, 10:30 PM   #21
Kirkman1987
Commodore

I like these shorts a lot, and would be interested in seeing something a bit more substantial by this guy, with proper backing from WB.

The best thing about these shorts is that they make Superman fun. So many comic characters have a stick up their ass these days. I like that stuff, but It's nice to see something that's just fun and heroic. It's why I liked Brave and the Bold so much.

I also really like the classic look. I really wish someone did a period superman adaptation. If I was doing the next live action film, I would be studying the Fleischer stuff very closely. That style and pace of action could be achieved now on film. I'd even go with depowered golden age supes, but there's no way in hell that would be greenlit.
Kirkman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2012, 12:23 AM   #22
the G-man
Commodore

Gaith wrote: View Post
I'd rather see one three-minute story with a beginning, middle and end than two teasers for stories that'll almost certainly never continue.
I've noticed that a lot of fan films, including this one and "Batman-Dead End" are done as either a teaser or a faux movie trailer. I can think of various reasons, the main one being that the creators might not want to do the beginning, middle and end of a story that they can't "publish" due to copyright concerns, etc.