Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 16 2011, 04:23 AM   #91
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Re: Farscape Complete Series Deal of the Day

I'm this....... close to finishing season one and I love how Scorpio is just showing up and explains he wants wormholes. I knew very little about the show besides that.

I also know how the show ends...

Last edited by bigdaddy; January 16 2011 at 06:51 AM.
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2011, 05:08 AM   #92
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Oh, the show gets a lot stranger after Scorpy comes on.

Seriously.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2011, 06:13 AM   #93
Neroon
Mod of balance

Dennis wrote: View Post
This time around I'm enjoying a number of the episodes that I didn't think much of when I first saw them - stuff like "Thank God It's Friday...Again."

"PK Tech Girl," which I did like a lot the first time, is really sweet.
I noticed a similar effect with some of the Scape episodes, as well as with various movies over the years. The second time through, I find an affinity for them that I hadn't noticed before. Why do you suppose that happens? Is it due to a sort of "resetting" of our expectations, as if they get lowered after the first time and so are easier to meet?
- Proverbs 12:20
Neroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2011, 06:43 AM   #94
T'Devilish
T'Bonz - Romulan Curmudgeon

I should really rewatch my series. It'll be even more fun now that I know the characters.

Romulans aren't paranoid. We're merely proactively cautious.
T'Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2011, 08:55 PM   #95
23skidoo
Admiral

Emh wrote: View Post
Snick27 wrote: View Post
What? I didnt no season one was in fullscreen? WTF! This totally ruins it for me, i hate fullscreen when my computer is widescreen.

And cant get Window Media Player to strech it. Yikes, this sucks.
Why on Earth would you want to stretch video that wasn't intended to be widescreen? That would make the whole video look distorted.
Unfortunately, it's something that has fallen into the "get used to it" category. I got my first widescreen TV last year and it was a top of the line model and one of the first things I discovered is, yes, you can set the image to 4:3, but it doesn't convert the image to 4:3 by itself - it cuts the image off at the sides. I discovered that while trying to watch a Chaplin movie, and later one of the Farscapes. I elected to just keep the image at widescreen and watch it. You do get used to it after a while.

Fortunately, some Blu-ray makers and realizing this issue,and some (not all) 4:3 shows being released to the format such as The Prisoner and Metropolis are formatted on the disc to play at 4:3, so they show without anything being cut off. Hopefully when Chaplin films begin showing up on Blu-ray that'll be done too. Or, for that matter, Farscape and other shows from the era, if they ever upconvert them (hey, stranger things have happened - they're doing Space:1999 for Blu-ray now).

Anyway, you think that screen formatting issues are fun now, just wait till we end up in a "you'll get used to it" situation with force-fed 3-D...

Alex
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2011, 09:55 PM   #96
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

I would have thought that most (if not all) of Chaplin's films were shot in Academy Ratio (11:8, or approximately 4:3).

Space:1999 season 1 on Blu-ray is 4:3. No hideous matting in sight.
Old January 29 2011, 09:50 PM   #97
lennier1
Commodore

The DVDs arrived yesterday.
Guess the guys at Customs got so bored they actually did their job. Tax money at work ...
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2011, 02:30 AM   #98
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

lennier1 wrote: View Post
The DVDs arrived yesterday.
Guess the guys at Customs got so bored they actually did their job. Tax money at work ...

I'm already two episodes into season 4.
Old January 30 2011, 03:30 AM   #99
Evil Headhunter
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Evil Headhunter Send a message via AIM to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Yahoo to Evil Headhunter

I finally got my set last week. According to Big Finish (who I order regularly from and shipments go through the US before coming out here), US customs have gotten tighter and therefore it takes longer for shipments to arrive, which explains why my last two orders from them have taken so long to get here. Same for Amazon which was normally pretty quick.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Evil Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2011, 06:52 AM   #100
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

Well, I hope you got that packet of heroin and small child I stuffed inbetween Season 4 and The Archives disc.
Old January 30 2011, 03:36 PM   #101
label
Vice Admiral

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
Well, I hope you got that packet of heroin and small child I stuffed inbetween Season 4 and The Archives disc.
Great, like we didn't have enough problems with US Custom officers on this board already.
Old January 30 2011, 04:02 PM   #102
Stevil2001
Rear Admiral

Emh wrote: View Post
I finally got my set last week. According to Big Finish (who I order regularly from and shipments go through the US before coming out here), US customs have gotten tighter and therefore it takes longer for shipments to arrive, which explains why my last two orders from them have taken so long to get here. Same for Amazon which was normally pretty quick.
Yeah, I buy from the Book Depository in England a lot and some CDs I ordered on the 10th of December only made it to me last week!
Old January 31 2011, 05:47 AM   #103
Evil Headhunter
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Evil Headhunter Send a message via AIM to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Yahoo to Evil Headhunter

Indeed. I use to get orders from Big Finish in three weeks but two orders ago took about two months and my last order (December 17) hasn't gotten here yet. Hell, I still haven't gotten my December subscription release (and freebie) yet!

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Evil Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2011, 10:22 PM   #104
lennier1
Commodore

^^
Gotta love those writers!
"Pike DRD", "That's not a moon", ...
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote