Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: What Did You Think Of "Scales On A Train"? Rate The Episode!
Excellent! 1 6.25%
Good 8 50.00%
Average 6 37.50%
Bad 0 0%
Horrible! 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 25 2011, 04:05 AM   #16
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Re: THE CAPE "Scales On A Train" Jan 24th *Spoilers!*

Not noticing a whole lot of difference in quality myself.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2011, 04:11 AM   #17
Jetfire

Gave it a "Good".

The ep tonight was pretty much on pace with the other eps...all pretty good but lacking in various areas. I can tell they are trying to give it a little charm with the father/son/family connection that made Smallville enjoyable to me in its early seasons. Fleming/Chess I still don't like though and Scales is meh. I know some people complain about the lead David Lyons(Vince/The Cape) but I actually am enjoying his performance each ep. Summer Glau... Looked fabulous! I can't wait to see how Orwell develops as the series goes on.

Next week with Mena Suvari looks great!
Old January 25 2011, 10:12 AM   #18
Jack Bauer
Fleet Admiral

Good episode tonight. Peter Flemming was really getting off on the danger when he had the Cape lower him down to stop the train. I thought he was gonna cream his pants. I think he's doing all his evil shit mainly for the danger. Sure he wants power but he gets really off on the danger.
Old January 25 2011, 11:08 AM   #19
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Of course.

This is not how a smart man runs a global criminal conspiracy.

It might be how you take over the world though.

Seriously though the levels, buffers between the money and the street... Ever watched the Wire? At the end of one seaosn after they found a condo belonging to some crip gang banger ghetto street hustler, it's full of tasteful art, books on economic theory, philosophy and classical music and jazz and the hero cop that finaly found this evil lair declarers "Who the fuck have I been chasing for the last year?"

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2011, 05:53 PM   #20
JD
Admiral

I liked this episode. I'm glad they actually addressed the fact that their hero is working and living with a group of ciminals. I'm actually kind of impressed with how early they've actually been dealing with those kinds of issues. I lot of shows will just ignore that kind of stuff for ages.
JD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2011, 07:11 PM   #21
Tom
Rear Admiral

I like that show does not take itself to seriously and can have have some good action fun. Kinda like Human Target in that regard.
Old January 25 2011, 10:14 PM   #22
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
I liked this episode. I'm glad they actually addressed the fact that their hero is working and living with a group of ciminals. I'm actually kind of impressed with how early they've actually been dealing with those kinds of issues. I lot of shows will just ignore that kind of stuff for ages.
With only a 13 episode commitment, I'm glad that they are not dragging certain things out.
Old January 25 2011, 10:24 PM   #23
Jetfire

NBC The Cape 1.6/4 5.89

Slightly down...

NBC: 'The Cape,' 'Outsourced' Fall Between The Cancellation Bear And 'Chuck,' 'Harry's Law,' & 'Parenthood'
Old January 26 2011, 09:42 PM   #24
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Youch, bad ratings even by NBC standards.

I ff'ed a lot of this episode but caught enough to see that Chess is a much more interesting character than the Cape. They really should have made this show about Orwell and her daddy issues vs Chess (and wow, how obvious was her dialogue at the end, oh gee Cape, do you think my dad err I mean YOU might ever stop loving me, err I mean YOUR KID).

I'll catch whatever eps deal with Chess & Orwell in what time remains on the clock for this show. They better hurry up with whatever plotlines they want to explore.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2011, 11:08 PM   #25
DarKush
Rear Admiral

I liked this episode well enough. The scenes involving the carnival were some of the best of the episode. I liked how Max wouldn't help Cape on the train and their conversation at the end. That was well done and it does remind Cape and the audience that Max and his band are crooks. Though I got a feeling that Max will eventually soften in the end, if the show goes on long enough.

I liked Scales, Vinnie Jones has a kind of brutish swagger. Though I wish he had better dialogue. I did like the flashbacks to his past. It added a little depth to him. I also liked the Fleming/Cape scene when they were trying to save the train.

This show will never be Emmy-material, but its an enjoyable enough B-show ride.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2011, 11:34 PM   #26
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

For the one season this show will have to play with it will at least be fun. How great to have a hero who actually likes being one? Many other shows could get the hint. Wonder Woman and the Cape would be a good one, two punch during the week.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2011, 11:53 AM   #27
Jetfire

If The Cape drops below 5 Million...then I can see canceling it...but seriously it isn't going to pull 8-10 million viewers...it isn't going to pull 7 million...but 5-6 is reasonable...if it falls below 5...I will understand...but above 5-6...no.
Old January 27 2011, 02:47 PM   #28
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Jetfire wrote: View Post
If The Cape drops below 5 Million...then I can see canceling it...but seriously it isn't going to pull 8-10 million viewers...it isn't going to pull 7 million...but 5-6 is reasonable...if it falls below 5...I will understand...but above 5-6...no.
Cancelling a show usually means pulling it before all of the episodes produced have aired. I don't think "The Cape" will be cancelled. I doubt it will get a second season pick-up though.

If they order Wonder Woman to series, I don't see them keeping two super-hero shows on the schedule.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2011, 07:33 PM   #29
Tom
Rear Admiral

Scales is really dumb though, i thought from the first episode he knew Flemming was Chess since they were together (interigating Max) after the Vince Faraday chase and Explosion. Plus Chess's british voice sounds just like Flemming.