Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old January 26 2011, 08:43 PM   #751
USS Intrepid
Commodore

Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Or maybe we should just let the guy who's taken over the editing job finish it up as his free time permits.
Old January 26 2011, 08:57 PM   #752
Tallguy
Fleet Captain

That's crazy talk. We demand it all right now!

(I'm told sarcasm doesn't convey well on the interwebs. That was sarcasm. I'm all in favor of letting them finish when they can. And good luck.)
Old January 26 2011, 10:59 PM   #753
Shaw
Commodore

I want to see the final act as much as anyone (maybe more as my small efforts show up in that act). But I'm willing to wait patiently.

But while we are waiting, I photoshopped together a couple shots of the shuttlecraft interior under construction for Jimm and Josh a few years back (just for fun).

No shots of it finished though... but it looked great! The mnfx guys did an awesome job on it.
Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2011, 01:24 AM   #754
scifib5st
Commander

USS Intrepid wrote: View Post
Or maybe we should just let the guy who's taken over the editing job finish it up as his free time permits.
Another fine idea from the other side of the pound!
scifib5st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2011, 03:00 AM   #755
Expo67
Captain

USS Intrepid wrote: View Post
That's all well and good. However, showing snippets to the fans is only going to increase their frustration and impatience ten-fold. And that won't help the situation at all.

I mean, it's rather uncooth, tormenting fans like that. Especially when this final act has been way overdue for some time, and all inquiring fans have gotten is very little to no response at all. Or if they have, all they have gotten is rude answers.

That's almost like poking and prodding a wasps nest. Or worse, like a feline tormenting a mouse(ala Tom and Jerry).

I say quit teasing the fans with snippets and just release it in time for the 45th Anniversary.
Expo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2011, 03:31 AM   #756
aridas sofia
Rear Admiral

Are you serious? Someone undertakes making an episode of a TV show that, had it been made in the 1960s, would have had a budget in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. They do it without any compensation, as a free gift to you and your reply is, "You're uncooth" (sp).

They don't owe you squat. So don't bitch about what you didn't do a thing to earn, haven't done a thing to see come to fruition, and won't pay a dime for once it's done.
aridas sofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2011, 04:31 AM   #757
MANT!
Rear Admiral

I do agree, hence my tongue in cheek post in December about a Letter to Santa...

(I guess I wasn't on the good list)

So how about a hint...

Will I neeed to write a letter to the Easter Bunny?...Uncle Sam?..The Great Pumpkin?..
Old January 27 2011, 04:41 AM   #758
Therin of Andor
Admiral

View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile

Expo67 wrote: View Post
That's almost like poking and prodding a wasps nest. Or worse, like a feline tormenting a mouse...
Aren't you prodding a wasps' nest by asking?

It'll come when it comes. Senator Therin knows all.
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2011, 07:22 AM   #759
Expo67
Captain

No, I'm just making an inquiry. Maybe in your part of the world people don't exercise that right as much, but in the USA, we do. People are entitled to ask questions. And if people don't like exercising such a freedom, well, that's their decision. Not mine.

It's just a matter of principle. Maybe some would consider it as 'bitchin', but others don't.
Old January 27 2011, 07:38 AM   #760
aridas sofia
Rear Admiral

Well, Kentucky... in the part of the world where my family comes from (the mountains of Tennessee), if a person "exercises his freedom" as rudely as you've done, it's liable to start a feud. Which I think you've done.

Bottom line is, if they decide to never release another minute of their film, we don't have the slightest room for complaint. What they are doing is a gift, plain and simple. You just don't have any room to complain when a gift isn't what you expected or when it doesn't come when you're expecting it to come. Mainly because your complaints won't accomplish a thing other than stirring up bad blood. Wouldn't it be great if, having read your demanding posts, the folks making Exeter decide it just isn't worth it to finish the thing? That fans are unappreciative, so why bend over backwards for them? Your complaints will have served quite a purpose then, huh?

Poking and prodding a hornet's nest, indeed.
aridas sofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2011, 08:24 AM   #761
Maurice
Vice Admiral

To some people it's "torment" to see a teaser image, to others they're ready to give up if they don't see any progress. You can't please both camps, frankly.

Me, I'll err on the side of assuring people there is progress being made. In fact, that last tease I posted is a shot that didn't exist until recently, and that shot already looks different from when I posted it.

No, I'm just making an inquiry.
Pardon me, but an inquiry is the act of asking for information. When was it you did that? I don't see a single interrogative in your recent posts.

Shaw wrote: View Post
I want to see the final act as much as anyone (maybe more as my small efforts show up in that act). But I'm willing to wait patiently.

But while we are waiting, I photoshopped together a couple shots of the shuttlecraft interior under construction for Jimm and Josh a few years back (just for fun).

No shots of it finished though... but it looked great!
It looks good in the show, too.

Last edited by Maurice Navidad; January 27 2011 at 09:17 AM.
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2011, 10:26 AM   #762
USS Intrepid
Commodore

That's all well and good. However, showing snippets to the fans is only going to increase their frustration and impatience ten-fold. And that won't help the situation at all.

I mean, it's rather uncooth, tormenting fans like that. Especially when this final act has been way overdue for some time, and all inquiring fans have gotten is very little to no response at all. Or if they have, all they have gotten is rude answers.

That's almost like poking and prodding a wasps nest. Or worse, like a feline tormenting a mouse(ala Tom and Jerry).

I say quit teasing the fans with snippets and just release it in time for the 45th Anniversary.
Oh, I know who you are now.

It'll be released when it's done, and there is nothing you, I or anyone else (bar the editor) can do or say to change that. So I suggest you go get a cup of coffee and relax in whatever safe harbor you call home while we all wait.

Last edited by USS Intrepid; January 27 2011 at 11:10 AM.
USS Intrepid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2011, 11:00 AM   #763
Expo67
Captain

FYI...Tennesee, San Francisco, or whatever your current place of residency is, the feud had started two years past when the delay in ACT IV began. It also started(escalated)when fans made general inquiries and were met with the following responses: Silence, 'When it gets done, it gets done', rude answers, and threads being locked out.

So, realistically speaking, the wasps(not hornet's)nest was already poked and prodded long before I ever made my post.

From what I have seen on other Star Trek BBS, fans have already made their thoughts known on posts such as this. I'm surprised that you haven't critcized them for their posts on this hot-button topic.

The same could be said for the 'bad blood' being stirred.

So, I hardly think that criticizing my post is going to resolve anything.

Oh, and USS Intrepid, your opinion has been duly noted, despite how liberal it is.
Old January 27 2011, 11:16 AM   #764
Expo67
Captain

[QUOTE=USS Intrepid;4691285]
So I suggest you go get a cup of coffee and relax in whatever safe harbor you call home while we all wait.
Actually, I drink English Tea. Preferably Earl Grey or English Breakfast. But, I thank you for the offer.
Old January 27 2011, 11:23 AM   #765
USS Intrepid
Commodore

Seems to me you're the one who keeps stirring it Expo (or whatever you're calling yourself today). I'd suggest you simply let it go and move on, but it seems you enjoy the stirring too much.

I'm afraid I have no intention of rising to the bait though. So I shall simply wish you a good day. Enjoy your tea.