Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 22 2011, 02:10 AM   #166
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: Exploring the Uncharted Territories: A Farscape Viewing Experience

PsychoPere wrote: View Post

- Crichton's goodbye scene was very sad, of course, but just as poignant, I thought, was Stark saying "I have no prayer for this" as the Scarren dreadnought was destroyed by the displacement weapon.
The first time I saw this episode, the tension in that scene was absolutely insane. Watching the Dreadnought get swallowed up by the wormhole was super intense, and the silence that followed was unbelievably eerie. To have that silence broken by Aeryn's crying (of all things!), "Crichton, are you--?"...I had chills. Absolutely fantastic.

Obviously, Crichton's death was super depressing, and yes, it was really sneaky of the writers to basically give John everything he wanted -- the power of wormholes, the ability to go home, his dream girl agreeing to go home with him, and Harvey removed from his mind -- only to kill him off, yet still leaving a Crichton intact on the other ship.

Things are about to get weird.
Old January 22 2011, 02:23 AM   #167
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
- Over these last two episodes, the show is really screwing with Aeryn. Both episodes have closed with her crying over Crichton's body.
You have no idea. Wait until you see the next episode.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2011, 02:57 AM   #168
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

I got got to a scene in which the slug man is wiping John! Best scene ever!
Old January 22 2011, 04:06 AM   #169
label
Vice Admiral

I still can't watch that death scene with Aeryn/Critchon without getting choked up. The way those bells ring...Aeryn's expression, the way she tentatively closes his eyes after he dies...it's just tragically perfect. An amazing two-parter that really sets up the rest of the arc throughout the Peace Keeper wars.

As for Scratch N' Sniff.......I wasn't as a big a fan of that one. Parts of it were pretty clever and amusing but parts of it just didn't work for me.

Heading down the home stretch now with some uneven episodes until you get to the amazing two-parter at the end.
Old January 22 2011, 07:31 AM   #170
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Aside from "The Way We Weren't," which I think it just a fantastic episode, you're in a stretch of very mediocre episodes. None of them are bad, but they're not the type of episodes you'd ever hurry to re-watch. Lots of standalones, very few lasting consequences.

That said, the next episode "Out of their Minds" is pretty fun.
The Way We Weren't is the only good episode on the Complete Series disc as I'm finding out. I'll probably not be watching Home On the Remains, Picture if You Will, or Dream a Little Dream anytime soon... if ever.
Old January 22 2011, 07:33 AM   #171
RoJoHen
Awesome

Indeed. I actually just skipped over that entire disc tonight. I love "The Way We Weren't," but I've watched it way too many times, and I didn't see the point in watching any of the other episodes on that disc.
Old January 22 2011, 07:37 AM   #172
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

I just listened to the Ben/Claudia commentary for TWWW last night. I could listen to them banter for hours on end. They're really good a doing commentaries... as opposed to Brian Henson.
Old January 22 2011, 08:04 AM   #173
Bonzo the Fifth
Commander

Send a message via ICQ to Bonzo the Fifth Send a message via AIM to Bonzo the Fifth Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Bonzo the Fifth Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzo the Fifth

Yeah, Infinite Possibilities is super-tragic. Just re-watched it myself last night, actually... You really have to feel terrible for poor Aeryn by the end of this... All this growth that John has led her toward from her beginnings and now, just as she's made some major emotional breakthroughs, he's now left her...

Yeah, there's another one, but I don't think I'm spoiling anything by saying that, to her, she's going to just see the living John as 'the copy'...

'Strained' doesn't even begin to cover their relationship once they meet back up...

Of course, this super-intense two parter is sandwiched by two of the most insane episodes of the series. You've seen 'Scratch n Sniff', trust me, 'Revenging Angel' will be just as weird... You'll either love it or hate it...
Bonzo the Fifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2011, 07:22 PM   #174
Sakrysta
Vice Admiral

Does anyone have a link to that fabulous John/Aeryn romantic music video that made the rounds a few years ago? I can't remember the music so I'm having a hard time finding it. Neroon, I think you know the video I'm talking about. Someone help me remember so I can find it?
Old January 22 2011, 07:29 PM   #175
RoJoHen
Awesome

Now I'm watching "The Locket," which I haven't seen in about 4 years, and I'm getting all weepy. Damn this show.
Old January 22 2011, 11:50 PM   #176
label
Vice Admiral

Sakrysta wrote: View Post
Does anyone have a link to that fabulous John/Aeryn romantic music video that made the rounds a few years ago? I can't remember the music so I'm having a hard time finding it. Neroon, I think you know the video I'm talking about. Someone help me remember so I can find it?

I believe you're talking about this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTHlFYZJS94

Sad, sad scenes.
Old January 23 2011, 12:10 AM   #177
label
Vice Admiral

Now I'm watching "The Locket," which I haven't seen in about 4 years, and I'm getting all weepy. Damn this show.
Don't worry about it.......I'm not even watching the show right now and just watching the video I posted in the previous post got to me. For me, there are only a few relationships that work as well as Critchon and Aeryn.....in fact, only Sheridan/Delenn comes to mind..............
Old January 23 2011, 12:42 AM   #178
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

label wrote: View Post
Don't worry about it.......I'm not even watching the show right now and just watching the video I posted in the previous post got to me. For me, there are only a few relationships that work as well as Critchon and Aeryn.....in fact, only Sheridan/Delenn comes to mind..............
I think Crichton and Aeryn is a lot stronger mainly because they didn't lose the strength in character they individually had. One of my problems with Sheridan/Delenn was it seemed like things got too mushy and it affected them individually too much. I think there was even a scene where Delenn wanted to get away from Sheridan for a while because it effected everything else in both their lives.

With Chrichton and Aeryn, that coolness factor remained all throughout the relationship and the character development was a lot stronger. I consider it the standard on how to do a good relationship, and no other series has gotten close to it ever.
Old January 23 2011, 01:03 AM   #179
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

I just started season 3. I like the new beginning and the show I can feel is really shifting into a new place.
Old January 23 2011, 01:19 AM   #180
Sakrysta
Vice Admiral

label wrote: View Post
Sakrysta wrote: View Post

I believe you're talking about this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTHlFYZJS94

Sad, sad scenes.
YES YES YES! Thank you! I thought it was "My Immortal", but I kept hitting a different Farscape video with the same music.