RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,902
Posts: 5,387,547
Members: 24,717
Currently online: 637
Newest member: teriankhoka

TrekToday headlines

IDW Publishing November Trek Comic
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 18 2011, 12:28 AM   #886
vas2009
Captain
 
vas2009's Avatar
 
Location: Wherever you go, there you are.
Re: Favorite Voyager Videos

AMG wrote: View Post
Whoooooooo! This made me jump up and do a stupid lookin' dance!

It's J/T (or J/T friendship, depending on your point of view) to a catchy song. Some Seven and Tom bashing, but it's all in good fun.

("You're My Mate")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smq7RFlITtY

Oh I really liked this one!!!!
__________________
JANEWAY: We have to out-Ferengi the Ferengi.
Advatar by B'Elanna
vas2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2011, 12:55 AM   #887
froot
Fleet Captain
 
froot's Avatar
 
Location: Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
Re: Favorite Voyager Videos

JR to the rescue! Just in time, too; the three of us on our quest for the Holy Grail were just about to be sidetracked by Castle Anthrax. We may have never escaped.

I have a VCR and a device that allows me to rip VCR footage to digital format. I have a feeling I might soon be taking one for the team here...

AMG wrote: View Post
ETA: In fact, thumbs down to this dude all around. He has more than one Voyager vid that he simply jacked from other vidders. And it isn't simply ignorance of vidding do's & don't's either. He actually claims in his descriptions that he "worked really hard" on his vids.
That's a shame. I mean, I know we're all working with copyrighted material here, but it does take a lot of effort to put it together in a pleasing or funny way. "Nine to Five" is one of my favorites, too!

The user "gstarv" has nipped rather large chunks of my vids here and there, too, but he doesn't get that many views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IUlkCANNCM <-- that's one of em. I guess it might be worth checking if he's nipped anything from anyone else.
froot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2011, 01:32 AM   #888
T.D. Possum
Commodore
 
T.D. Possum's Avatar
 
Location: Jelly Fridge
Re: Favorite Voyager Videos

froot wrote: View Post

The user "gstarv" has nipped rather large chunks of my vids here and there, too, but he doesn't get that many views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IUlkCANNCM <-- that's one of em. I guess it might be worth checking if he's nipped anything from anyone else.
ROTFLMAO! I watched a couple of his vids a while back and saw that the clips were never related to or in time with the music, so I didn't bother watching any more. I thought he just honestly sucked. I didn't realize he DIShonestly sucked.

Froot, did you say anything to him?

And, um. You might be making a purchase?

ETA: And, um, if KM had been involved with Castle Anthrax, the three of us would never have escaped no matter what J'Rulz did. We might have whacked her over the head with a dead parrot so she's leave us alone!
T.D. Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2011, 02:49 AM   #889
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral
 
JanewayRulz!'s Avatar
 
Location: North America
Re: Favorite Voyager Videos

^^ Okay... that's enough.

What the heck are you doing in a castle made out of Anthrax, when what you SHOULD be doing is making more Voyager vids????
JanewayRulz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2011, 02:51 AM   #890
T.D. Possum
Commodore
 
T.D. Possum's Avatar
 
Location: Jelly Fridge
Re: Favorite Voyager Videos

WHAT? You have never seen Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail!?!?!?

And . . . I am making a Voyager vid, right now, in the other window. :-D Neener neener neener!
T.D. Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2011, 03:00 AM   #891
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral
 
JanewayRulz!'s Avatar
 
Location: North America
Re: Favorite Voyager Videos

AMG wrote: View Post
WHAT? You have never seen Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail!?!?!?

And . . . I am making a Voyager vid, right now, in the other window. :-D Neener neener neener!
Sigh.

Although I did a passable job singing "the lumberjack" song in college, I never really got into the Monty Python craze.

I know, I am uncultured. Never watched Monty Python, never saw Xena in its hey day... but I CAN quote large sections of "Young Frankenstein" and "The Princess Bride"... does that help?

"My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my Father, prepare to die."
JanewayRulz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2011, 03:01 AM   #892
T.D. Possum
Commodore
 
T.D. Possum's Avatar
 
Location: Jelly Fridge
Re: Favorite Voyager Videos

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
Although I did a passable job singing "the lumberjack" song in college,
Never mind what I'm doing. YOU are the one who needs to be making a vid!
T.D. Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2011, 03:05 AM   #893
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral
 
JanewayRulz!'s Avatar
 
Location: North America
Re: Favorite Voyager Videos

^^ I CAN'T !
1) Don't know how.
2) Too impatient to learn how.
3) Busy making Admiral Hawthorne's "dream" come true... (Get your mind out of the gutter!) Its that movie script for Kate Mulgrew, Lucy Lawless, Renee O'Connor, Mariskita Hargitay (?) and Reba McEntire.
JanewayRulz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2011, 03:06 AM   #894
T.D. Possum
Commodore
 
T.D. Possum's Avatar
 
Location: Jelly Fridge
Re: Favorite Voyager Videos

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
^^ I CAN'T !
1) Don't know how.
2) Too impatient to learn how.
3) Busy making Admiral Hawthorne's "dream" come true... (Get your mind out of the gutter!) Its that movie script for Kate Mulgrew, Lucy Lawless, Renee O'Connor, Mariskita Hargitay (?) and Reba McEntire.
I meant a vid of you singing the Lumberjack song. But I'll settle for Number Three.
T.D. Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2011, 03:24 AM   #895
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral
 
JanewayRulz!'s Avatar
 
Location: North America
Re: Favorite Voyager Videos

^^ And a STAR is NOT born.

Sweetie, it would take a phalanx of Tuvok's finest security guards armed with compression phaser rifles to keep an audience from bolting the moment I opened my mouth to "sing". The only reason it was okay for me to do it in college is my friends tended to be too impaired or too tone deaf to notice.
JanewayRulz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2011, 05:46 AM   #896
froot
Fleet Captain
 
froot's Avatar
 
Location: Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
Re: Favorite Voyager Videos

I've never talked to the guy, but he hasn't nipped anything of mine in a while, so I never really got too worried. And, like you said, his vids just aren't popular because they don't sync well to the music anyway. I subbed him a while back just to keep an eye out. I think he just wanted clips that fit the 16:9 ratio without doing all the cropping.

If the three of us were in a Castle Anthrax packed with these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUJwIf04yUM

We'd be there forever. I don't even know if JR's singing could lure us out.


JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
^^ And a STAR is NOT born. Sweetie, it would take a phalanx of Tuvok's finest security guards armed with compression phaser rifles to keep an audience from bolting the moment I opened my mouth to "sing". The only reason it was okay for me to do it in college is my friends tended to be too impaired or too tone deaf to notice.
you should really sing.

do it.

do it.

do it.
froot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2011, 01:19 PM   #897
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral
 
JanewayRulz!'s Avatar
 
Location: North America
Re: Favorite Voyager Videos

froot wrote: View Post
I've never talked to the guy, but he hasn't nipped anything of mine in a while, so I never really got too worried. And, like you said, his vids just aren't popular because they don't sync well to the music anyway. I subbed him a while back just to keep an eye out. I think he just wanted clips that fit the 16:9 ratio without doing all the cropping.

If the three of us were in a Castle Anthrax packed with these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUJwIf04yUM

We'd be there forever. I don't even know if JR's singing could lure us out.


JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
^^ And a STAR is NOT born. Sweetie, it would take a phalanx of Tuvok's finest security guards armed with compression phaser rifles to keep an audience from bolting the moment I opened my mouth to "sing". The only reason it was okay for me to do it in college is my friends tended to be too impaired or too tone deaf to notice.
you should really sing.

do it.

do it.

do it.
I just rewatched that one a few nights ago!

Oh.. and no.

No.

No I REALLY shouldn't!
JanewayRulz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2011, 05:00 PM   #898
T.D. Possum
Commodore
 
T.D. Possum's Avatar
 
Location: Jelly Fridge
Re: Favorite Voyager Videos

Haha, don't forget the Janeway Doublemint commercial. It goes well with my vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUk6KRfr8S4
T.D. Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2011, 07:41 PM   #899
vas2009
Captain
 
vas2009's Avatar
 
Location: Wherever you go, there you are.
Re: Favorite Voyager Videos

AMG wrote: View Post
JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
^^ I CAN'T !
1) Don't know how.
2) Too impatient to learn how.
3) Busy making Admiral Hawthorne's "dream" come true... (Get your mind out of the gutter!) Its that movie script for Kate Mulgrew, Lucy Lawless, Renee O'Connor, Mariskita Hargitay (?) and Reba McEntire.
I meant a vid of you singing the Lumberjack song. But I'll settle for Number Three.

1. Why the ? next to Reba its All or nothing.
2. You need to understand the importance of the Coconuts... and the shrubbery...
3. Video making is a pain in the rump... patience is NEEDED!
4. Sing it! Sing it!
__________________
JANEWAY: We have to out-Ferengi the Ferengi.
Advatar by B'Elanna
vas2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2011, 07:52 PM   #900
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral
 
JanewayRulz!'s Avatar
 
Location: North America
Re: Favorite Voyager Videos

vas2009 wrote: View Post
AMG wrote: View Post
JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
^^ I CAN'T !
1) Don't know how.
2) Too impatient to learn how.
3) Busy making Admiral Hawthorne's "dream" come true... (Get your mind out of the gutter!) Its that movie script for Kate Mulgrew, Lucy Lawless, Renee O'Connor, Mariskita Hargitay (?) and Reba McEntire.
I meant a vid of you singing the Lumberjack song. But I'll settle for Number Three.

1. Why the ? next to Reba its All or nothing.
2. You need to understand the importance of the Coconuts... and the shrubbery...
3. Video making is a pain in the rump... patience is NEEDED!
4. Sing it! Sing it!
The ? was for the "correct?" way to spell her name. I was too lazy to look it up.

I understand the importance of coconuts, thanks to AMG... but shrubbery? I think she neglected to send that one.

(Oh, AMG, my staff laughed at your concerns over "NSFW" and the safety of my position "with the company".)

As for all or nothing, I bagged the 3 ladies on the Admiral's list that I never heard of, just don't tell her.

Patience?

We don't need no stinking patience!

Last edited by JanewayRulz!; January 18 2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: spelling, its always spelling
JanewayRulz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
fanart

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.