RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,505
Posts: 5,511,291
Members: 25,136
Currently online: 506
Newest member: aprizan

TrekToday headlines

Trek Paper Clips
By: T'Bonz on Dec 24

Sargent Passes
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

QMx Trek Insignia Badges
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

And The New Director Of Star Trek 3 Is…
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 16 2011, 02:06 PM   #61
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral
 
JarodRussell's Avatar
 
Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

KB24 wrote: View Post
As an actor I'm also looking for the next tour de force from Craig. Bond doesn't seem to be his best role, and I'd like to see him find something Oscar worthy. Ironic how most people would think Bond is a defining career move, but considering his earlier films, this duo is not Craig's best.
Why can't James Bond be an Oscar worthy role?



At some point I want Christopher Nolan to write and direct a Bond movie. He's a big Bond fan himself.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2011, 02:16 PM   #62
Switch
Captain
 
Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
At some point I want Christopher Nolan to write and direct a Bond movie. He's a big Bond fan himself.
I just had the horrible mental image of Christian Bale monotonously intoning "Bond, James Bond".
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2011, 03:18 PM   #63
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral
 
JacksonArcher's Avatar
 
Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

I would love for Christopher Nolan to either write and/or direct a James Bond movie, but I don't see it happening for a couple reasons. One, even though Nolan is a self-proclaimed Bond fan, he's already made some movies with Bondian influences, like the Q-esque portrayal of Lucius Fox and Bond's gadgets in the Batman movies, and of course the homage to On Her Majesty's Secret Service in his most recent Inception. That might dissuade Nolan from tackling a straight-up Bond movie since he's made several movies with those influences.

Two, the Broccoli's are known for hiring directors that aren't that well-known. I believe at some point prior to Raiders of the Lost Ark that Steven Spielberg campaigned to direct a James Bond movie but apparently he was too well-known after Jaws. Marc Forster and Sam Mendes are established, respected, and talented directors, but they aren't nearly on the level of say Chris Nolan, who after directing the Batman movies and Inception is a bit more well-known to audiences now.

However, I'm sure if Nolan was offered the chance to direct a Bond movie, he would probably take it. I just don't see Broccoli and Wilson offering him the job. On a related topic, before Batman Begins, Christian Bale was rumored to be a contender for James Bond. That would've been interesting.
__________________
"Please... We need you to hope again... " - Professor Charles Xavier, X-Men: Days of Future Past
JacksonArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2011, 05:08 PM   #64
CorporalClegg
Admiral
 
CorporalClegg's Avatar
 
Location: Land of Enchantment
Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

^
There was an OHMSS? Homage in Inception? I was half asleep through the entire film. Must've missed it.
__________________
Konnichi wa!
CorporalClegg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2011, 10:35 PM   #65
ClayinCA
Commodore
 
ClayinCA's Avatar
 
Location: New New Jersey
Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

Switchbk wrote: View Post
Also in the 'off-hand line' category I think Honey Bear in Dr. No mentions that she was raped as a child whilst recounting her background to Bond.
Honey Ryder, I think you'll find.

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
^
There was an OHMSS? Homage in Inception? I was half asleep through the entire film. Must've missed it.
Too bad. You also missed a fantastic film.
ClayinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2011, 11:04 PM   #66
CorporalClegg
Admiral
 
CorporalClegg's Avatar
 
Location: Land of Enchantment
Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

Watch the hyperbole.
__________________
Konnichi wa!
CorporalClegg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2011, 11:40 PM   #67
Starkers
Admiral
 
Starkers's Avatar
 
Location: Behind enemy lines
Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

Hmm I dunno, I found the snowbound bits of inception curiously dull, didn't help matters that everyone was wearing white so looked identical and you never new who was doing what/where!

There's a lot to be said for colour, logical no, handy in a cinematic context, yes.

I do think Bale would have made a great Bond!
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2011, 12:51 AM   #68
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral
 
Samurai8472's Avatar
 
Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
I would love for Christopher Nolan to either write and/or direct a James Bond movie, but I don't see it happening for a couple reasons. One, even though Nolan is a self-proclaimed Bond fan, he's already made some movies with Bondian influences, like the Q-esque portrayal of Lucius Fox and Bond's gadgets in the Batman movies, and of course the homage to On Her Majesty's Secret Service in his most recent Inception. That might dissuade Nolan from tackling a straight-up Bond movie since he's made several movies with those influences.

Gadgets-Sonar phones

Locations- Mombasa, Paris, Japan and Hong Kong

Action sequences- Mombasa chase, Ski chase

Nolan's movies are littered with things that would fit in with a James Bond movie
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2011, 12:54 AM   #69
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE
 
Timby's Avatar
 
Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
I would love for Christopher Nolan to either write and/or direct a James Bond movie, but I don't see it happening for a couple reasons. One, even though Nolan is a self-proclaimed Bond fan, he's already made some movies with Bondian influences, like the Q-esque portrayal of Lucius Fox and Bond's gadgets in the Batman movies, and of course the homage to On Her Majesty's Secret Service in his most recent Inception. That might dissuade Nolan from tackling a straight-up Bond movie since he's made several movies with those influences.

Gadgets-Sonar phones

Locations- Mombasa, Paris, Japan and Hong Kong

Action sequences- Mombasa chase, Ski chase

Nolan's movies are littered with things that would fit in with a James Bond movie
JacksonArcher's point
^
|
|
|
|
|
|
v
Your head.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2011, 01:13 AM   #70
Switch
Captain
 
Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

ClayinCA wrote: View Post
Switchbk wrote: View Post
Also in the 'off-hand line' category I think Honey Bear in Dr. No mentions that she was raped as a child whilst recounting her background to Bond.
Honey Ryder, I think you'll find.
w/e

Starkers wrote: View Post
Hmm I dunno, I found the snowbound bits of inception curiously dull, didn't help matters that everyone was wearing white so looked identical and you never new who was doing what/where!
It was pretty much there to fill the explosion quota. Inception may not have been a complete failure, but it was certainly compromised by its mainstream leanings.
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2011, 03:28 AM   #71
KB24
Fleet Captain
 
KB24's Avatar
 
Location: NJ, USA
View KB24's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to KB24 Send a message via Yahoo to KB24
Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

Kind of OT in the topic now, but I know before somewhere we were talking about Fassbender's merits as the combination between Dalton and Craig. Hollywood Spy is doing a poll on who should be the next Bond.

http://hollywood-spy.blogspot.com/


Down on the right, is the poll:

WHO SHOULD BE NEW JAMES BOND?

Matthew Goode

Hugh Jackman

Lee Pace

Paul Bettany

Toby Stephens

Michael Fassbender

James Purefoy

Thomas Kretschman

I know we've been having fun with the speculation, but I'm kind of surprised that they are doing this, I mean is there a point this early? Also, Cavill isn't on the list. As we discussed before, it certainly is possible he could be done with Superman by time the next Bond is needed.

Of course, I still say Fassbender. Vaughn made Craig look so good in Layer Cake, and now he's got all the press calling MF a 'bond like Magneto'. Nothing to do but wait and debate I suppose. I can't abide Toby Stephens, his entire career is thanks to mom Maggie Smith as far as I'm concerned.

Mods if you'd rather make a new thread, feel free.
__________________
FATE and FANGS: Tales from the Vampire Family Kindle Available Now!
http://vampfam.blogspot.com
I Think, Therefore I Review- Criticism, Conjecture, Rants
http://ithinkthereforeireview.blogspot.com
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2011, 07:06 AM   #72
CorporalClegg
Admiral
 
CorporalClegg's Avatar
 
Location: Land of Enchantment
Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

Of those on the list, I like Stephens the best. Oddly, I always thought he was the better Bond in DAD. And I'm a Brosnan fan.

I like Bettany too, but he's even blonder than Craig.
__________________
Konnichi wa!
CorporalClegg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2011, 07:20 AM   #73
Broccoli
Vice Admiral
 
Broccoli's Avatar
 
Location: Broccoli
Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
However, I'm sure if Nolan was offered the chance to direct a Bond movie, he would probably take it. I just don't see Broccoli and Wilson offering him the job.
Eh, if I was in charge of Bond, I might offer it to him. Depends on my mood.

And if he cuts that shit out with Bale's Batman voice.

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
^
There was an OHMSS? Homage in Inception? I was half asleep through the entire film. Must've missed it.
So were all the characters!

[/lame joke]
__________________
"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchens
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2011, 09:50 AM   #74
Santa Riker
Commodore
 
Santa Riker's Avatar
 
Location: Kai "the spy"
Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

KB24 wrote: View Post
Kind of OT in the topic now, but I know before somewhere we were talking about Fassbender's merits as the combination between Dalton and Craig. Hollywood Spy is doing a poll on who should be the next Bond.

http://hollywood-spy.blogspot.com/


Down on the right, is the poll:

WHO SHOULD BE NEW JAMES BOND?

Matthew Goode

Hugh Jackman

Lee Pace

Paul Bettany

Toby Stephens

Michael Fassbender

James Purefoy

Thomas Kretschman

I know we've been having fun with the speculation, but I'm kind of surprised that they are doing this, I mean is there a point this early? Also, Cavill isn't on the list. As we discussed before, it certainly is possible he could be done with Superman by time the next Bond is needed.

Of course, I still say Fassbender. Vaughn made Craig look so good in Layer Cake, and now he's got all the press calling MF a 'bond like Magneto'. Nothing to do but wait and debate I suppose. I can't abide Toby Stephens, his entire career is thanks to mom Maggie Smith as far as I'm concerned.

Mods if you'd rather make a new thread, feel free.
None from that list. I say Jamie Bamber for James Bond!
__________________
Santa Riker wishes you a Merry Christmas!

"Fanwankery is what 21st century pop entertainment's all about."
cooleddie74

Santa Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2011, 10:11 AM   #75
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral
 
JoeZhang's Avatar
 
Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

James Purefoy is too old, he'd be 52 or 53 by the time he got his chance.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
007, james bond

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.