RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,444
Posts: 5,507,764
Members: 25,134
Currently online: 466
Newest member: xunixan

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 14 2011, 02:20 AM   #331
AvBaur
Captain
 
AvBaur's Avatar
 
Location: Munich, Germany
View AvBaur's Twitter Profile
Re: Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Timby wrote: View Post
Mechanical webshooters. Nice.
I don't see mechanical web-shooters in that pic
They're actually quite clearly visible in the hi-res version: http://www.slashfilm.com/photo-marc-...ues-character/


I quite like the design of the costume. I wasn't sure how they would be able to make the new suit stand apart from the Raimi version without veering too far from the iconic design, but it looks like they pulled it off.

I'm actually looking forward to this film quite a bit. The casting is great, I loved the director's last movie, and the first pictures look pretty good. Wouldn't have expected to be this interested in a Spider-Man reboot.
__________________
HIPSTERS IN HELL - my webcomic: http://www.hipsters-comic.com
AvBaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2011, 02:25 AM   #332
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger
 
OdoWanKenobi's Avatar
 
Location: Ysmault
Re: Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

The biggest problem for me is the lack of the belt. It's just jarring. Other than that, I really can't complain too much. It's still recognizable enough as the iconic costume, but differentiates itself enough from the Raimi version.
__________________
"In Brightest Day, in Blackest Night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power: Green Lantern's light!"
OdoWanKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2011, 02:27 AM   #333
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gotham
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

I like it. Have no complaints.
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2011, 03:04 AM   #334
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral
 
Samurai8472's Avatar
 
Re: Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Timby wrote: View Post
Mechanical webshooters. Nice.
I don't see mechanical web-shooters in that pic but whatever, I prefer organic ones. (Or at least the compound/"webbing" being natural and the shooters placed to a less disgusting spot for use.)

Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2011, 03:41 AM   #335
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747
 
Ugly Sweater's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Well, okay. Maybe but in the comic weren't the mechanical shooters fairly large and had tanks? For all we know that could just be a metallic lip around the opening in his suit that exposes the organic shooters.
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
Ugly Sweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2011, 03:44 AM   #336
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral
 
Santa Kang's Avatar
 
Location: North Pole,Qo'noS
Re: Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Well, okay. Maybe but in the comic weren't the mechanical shooters fairly large and had tanks? For all we know that could just be a metallic lip around the opening in his suit that exposes the organic shooters.
Only when his gloves were off. With the gloves on they became invisible.
__________________
Nerys Myk
Santa Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2011, 03:45 AM   #337
Gaith
Rear Admiral
 
Gaith's Avatar
 
Location: Washington, DC
Re: Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Notice how artfully the shot minimizes Garfield's neck, which is amongst the longest known to man. Seriously - if that shot were 3D, his head would be in a different time zone from his tookus. I'm still waiting to see how they handle that when he's in the suit, and can't pop a collar to hide at head-tunnel of his.

(I do like Garfield as an actor, though; don't get me wrong.)
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2011, 03:48 AM   #338
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747
 
Ugly Sweater's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Well, okay. Maybe but in the comic weren't the mechanical shooters fairly large and had tanks? For all we know that could just be a metallic lip around the opening in his suit that exposes the organic shooters.
Only when his gloves were off. With the gloves on they became invisible.
....
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
Ugly Sweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2011, 04:05 AM   #339
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral
 
Santa Kang's Avatar
 
Location: North Pole,Qo'noS
Re: Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Well, okay. Maybe but in the comic weren't the mechanical shooters fairly large and had tanks? For all we know that could just be a metallic lip around the opening in his suit that exposes the organic shooters.
Only when his gloves were off. With the gloves on they became invisible.
....
Its comics baby. He can also wear the Spidey suit under his streetclothes with no one the wiser. Hell Superman wears his bloody cape under his clothes! Batman puts disguises on over his mask!!!!
__________________
Nerys Myk
Santa Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2011, 04:12 AM   #340
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gotham
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

^ Well now Batman doesn't have to do that thanks to Lucius Fox's new smart mask he designed The web-shooters over time have been redesigned and tweaked by various artists. The original Ditko one's were pretty large and clunky. I assume the metal alone would have been heavy on a normal human's writs. The web-shooters now a bit sleeker and less clunky and the tanks are smaller looking than they used to be. I don't have a pic with me or else I'd post it.

Off topic a bit...I believe Marvel released this pic and the Captain America one (even though that wasn't official but from EW) in response to DC's Flashpoint teasers, maybe not direct response but at least to generate discussion of their own properties.
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2011, 04:33 AM   #341
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral
 
Re: Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

The suit sucks; the one used in the Raimi movies was much better.

I don't care if he shoots webbing out of his butt - if the movie looks like crap, it's crap.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2011, 04:47 AM   #342
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral
 
Santa Kang's Avatar
 
Location: North Pole,Qo'noS
Re: Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
^ Well now Batman doesn't have to do that thanks to Lucius Fox's new smart mask he designed The web-shooters over time have been redesigned and tweaked by various artists. The original Ditko one's were pretty large and clunky. I assume the metal alone would have been heavy on a normal human's writs. The web-shooters now a bit sleeker and less clunky and the tanks are smaller looking than they used to be. I don't have a pic with me or else I'd post it.

Off topic a bit...I believe Marvel released this pic and the Captain America one (even though that wasn't official but from EW) in response to DC's Flashpoint teasers, maybe not direct response but at least to generate discussion of their own properties.
Seem pretty slick to me



__________________
Nerys Myk
Santa Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2011, 05:23 AM   #343
Mr. Adventure
Admiral
 
Mr. Adventure's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Adventure
Re: Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Less iconic, more emo. Now his wisecracks will be more ironic than just funny. His webs will come from slits in his wrist.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2011, 05:37 AM   #344
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747
 
Ugly Sweater's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Less iconic, more emo. Now his wisecracks will be more ironic than just funny. His webs will come from slits in his wrist.
Yeah, kind of the impression I get. He seems like he's going to be a complete emo DB. (Again judging simply from the look in these publicity photos.) I bet he'll spend his off-hours writing poetry and watching The Crow.
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
Ugly Sweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2011, 05:54 AM   #345
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral
 
Santa Kang's Avatar
 
Location: North Pole,Qo'noS
Re: Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Peter Parker practically invented "emo".
__________________
Nerys Myk
Santa Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
marvel, spider-man, spiderman

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.