New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 10 2011, 05:13 AM   #91
label
Vice Admiral

Re: Exploring the Uncharted Territories: A Farscape Viewing Experience

Won't get fooled again - Browder really flexes his acting chops in this one and is brilliant. When Critchon begs whoever's doing this too him too stop because they're using the image of his dead mother against as being "too cruel", he really sells it nicely. Very effective. The entire episode is pretty brilliant and the fact that they hang a lantern on the fact that they've done a similar type of episode just a season ago was inspired.

The Locket : I've always maintained that this show, at it's core, with everything stripped away is about John and Aeryn finding themselves and then truly finding each other. Soul mates. Every bit as compelling as Sheridan and Delenn in Bab 5 and that's high praise indeed. Awesome episode.

Can't wait for the Liars, Guns, Money trilogy. Really classic 'scape!

Nice to see you back early, wasn't expecting you this weekend.
Old January 10 2011, 06:02 AM   #92
Sakrysta
Vice Admiral

*sigh* Mainly posting in this thread as an excuse to subscribe, but just have to say I am now pining for a Farscape marathon.

Oh, and I must add my voice to those voting the "Look at the Princess" trilogy as their favorite. It's mine too.

AND, one more note re: "Bone to Be Wild" - M'Lee was portrayed by Ben Browder's wife Francesca Buller, as was the little alien servant ro-NA in the "Look at the Princess" trilogy. She shows up again at least once more that I remember as another character just as wacky as the first two in the third season episode "Scratch 'n' Sniff." It's always a party when she shows up.

Oooh, I forgot her most significant guest role in late season 4. She does such a fabulous job bringing characters with prosthetics to life. I'm truly surprised she hasn't done more work.
Old January 10 2011, 06:04 AM   #93
RoJoHen
Awesome

^She actually shows up a lot more as various characters, her biggest role being:

Old January 10 2011, 06:07 AM   #94
Sakrysta
Vice Admiral

^I caught it - you're too fast for me!

IMDB trivia says that the baby and the little girl in the "Look at the Princess" trilogy were Ben & Fran's children. Is that true? If so, I think my awww meter just asploded.
Old January 10 2011, 06:08 AM   #95
RoJoHen
Awesome

Sakrysta wrote: View Post
^I caught it - you're too fast for me!
That role really impresses me. She's very imposing for such a little person.

IMDB trivia says that the baby and the little girl in the "Look at the Princess" trilogy were Ben & Fran's children. Is that true? If so, I think my awww meter just asploded.
This I do not know, but I would believe it.
Old January 10 2011, 06:12 AM   #96
Sakrysta
Vice Admiral

*grumbles in frustration*

I'm already working through three separate series right now - a re-watch of TNG, a re-attempt at Alias via Netflix snail mail, and a hilarious first-run of My Name Is Earl via Netflix Streaming. Then I'm also trying to keep up with current series. But this thread is making me CRAVE Farscape like crazy! I might as well just hire a household staff and never leave my recliner at this rate.
Old January 10 2011, 06:32 AM   #97
RoJoHen
Awesome

I feel the same. This thread is REALLY motivating me to do a Farscape rewatch. I'm out of shows that I want to watch right now, so I might as well. I'm currently doing a BSG rewatch and just started the final seasons, maybe when I'm done, I'll throw in Farscape.
Old January 10 2011, 06:38 AM   #98
label
Vice Admiral

Me too, but I'm waiting for a while to watch Farscape with my oldest daughter who turns 16 this Friday. I'm thinking it'll be 4-6 months before we watch Farscape together so sadly I'll likely miss out your Farscape rewatch.
Old January 10 2011, 06:40 AM   #99
RoJoHen
Awesome

The last few times I watched Farscape I did so as a way to introduce it to somebody else. I almost feel like I need to find a new friend and make them watch it with me. It seems weird to watch it alone.
Old January 10 2011, 06:50 AM   #100
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

I'm also feeling the need to rewatch the series and Amazon just happened to have a huge sale for the series.

Problem is I was planning on doing a Twilight Zone run through once the boxset arrived. Decisions, decisions...

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2011, 07:00 PM   #101
Pemmer Harge
Fleet Captain

Gotta love Won't Get Fooled Again. Typically crazy and I appreciate how they didn't try to recycle the idea that John's convinced this is really Earth.

The Locket - well is all I can say. John and Aeryn are clearly one of the very best couples in sci-fi TV - I just think the chemistry they have is extraordinary. It's probably potluck whether this sort of thing works or not, but with these two actors it really, really works.

The Ugly Truth is quite entertaining as well. Plakavoids!
Old January 10 2011, 11:51 PM   #102
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Season 2 is my favorite season because of episodes like Won't Get Fooled again, The Locket, and various others. The final four are awesome too, but you haven't gotten there yet.

I've been in and out of a Farscape rewatch. I got up to PK Tech Girl but then decided it was time to rewatch TNG too. This thread is fun to follow though, and is putting me in a Farscape mood.
Old January 11 2011, 12:06 AM   #103
label
Vice Admiral

Season 2 has most of the best John/Aeryn stuff, IMO. Season 3 has most of the best epic Scorpy/John stuff. Season 4 has Grandma. Worse addition to a show ever.
Old January 11 2011, 12:23 AM   #104
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

label wrote: View Post
Season 2 has most of the best John/Aeryn stuff, IMO. Season 3 has most of the best epic Scorpy/John stuff. Season 4 has Grandma. Worse addition to a show ever.
The last time I went through the series and got to Season 4, I didn't mind it too much, even with Noranti there. I agree she was the worst addition to the show, but that doesn't make her that bad. In the interest of not spoiling, I think the reason I liked Season 4 this time around was because there wasn't a long break in between Unrealized Reality and Kansas. Seemed like once the season got to those two episodes, things started to really flow and it ended up being relatively decent.
Old January 11 2011, 01:08 AM   #105
label
Vice Admiral

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I agree she was the worst addition to the show, but that doesn't make her that bad.
Well, perhaps not. I may have been exaggerating just a smidgen for effect. It also didn't help that she played such a big part in so many poor episodes early in Season 4. (I hated the early 2 parter and Lava's a many splendid thing). Plus I didn't like how she frelled with John and Aeryn.

In the interest of not spoiling, I think the reason I liked Season 4 this time around was because there wasn't a long break in between Unrealized Reality and Kansas. Seemed like once the season got to those two episodes, things started to really flow and it ended up being relatively decent.
Overall, season 4 rebounded to be a reasonably good season, just not quite on the epic level of Season 2 or 3.