A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old December 30 2010, 08:43 PM   #16
starsuperion
Captain

Re: Tardis Blue Prints (All Types)

okay fellas and ladies..

I am sorry for doing this once more..but I decided to just revamp my Tardis and fix a lot of the things that were wrong with it..mostly things that were missing.. what I have also decided to do is focus on creating Tardises for specific characters only.. and do the Tool sheets once I am finished..
so be expecting the Master's Tardis, the Rani's Tardis, Rassilon's ship, a chancellory Tardis, compassion, the War Tardis and so on..

so below is the new design.. I removed the Engine output and usage charts to incorporate more of the elements that make up the ship.. now that this is done I can concentrate on the top view and the bottom views of the ship.. this will take on a new look once those are completed and you will get a sense of just how the Tardis functions.. I will also be doing a cutaway of the room sections, and illustrate the jettisoning features..

again, sorry to do this.. but these are the now final images.. it always takes a few broken eggs to make the omelet..

By starsuperion at 2010-12-30

Full size Download here:

Full Size download here:

Last edited by starsuperion; December 31 2010 at 06:30 AM.
starsuperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31 2010, 04:28 PM   #17
starsuperion
Captain

I need to do a cross section showing the interior of the ship's decks and how the machine looks inside.. I have been asked by a lot of peopleon other various websites how the ship looks inside, and in some cases if these are the "rooms"

my answer is no these aren't the Tardis rooms..

inside each deck section, are thousands of rooms..

let's back up first...

at the top of each section, just below the observation towers, or scientific scanning and experimental equipments, are what look like domes with feet that stretch into the circular domes..

these small machines with "feet" are actually the Architectural Configuration generators..they create the rooms inside the sphere. think of a sort of grape stalk, with hallways instead of stems, and the grapes being the rooms..

now why would the time lords do this? easy..

A Tardis is a self contained machine, if something had gotten one of the Tardis rooms contaminated and threatened to infect or destroy the rest of theship, it could be jettisoned.

Now, here is the part that gives me chills, and makes me wish I could articulate this into a 3D model..maybe someone in 2ND life would be interested in seeing this vision come alive so I could propaerly convey it to you guys..?????

anyhow, when the Doctor Jettisons rooms, they adjust inside the Deck Section domes, and then pass through the outer blocks.. as if they were passing through a liquid membrane, in fact the metal shell that surrounds the Tardis is being reduced in density as the rooms pass outward and fall into the swirling vortex below the ship..

then inside the deck sections new rooms are regenerated and a restructuring of the existing rooms occurs.. the disks on the outer shell of the Tardis control each block of "metal skin" and maintain it's integrity..
starsuperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2011, 03:03 PM   #18
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Those are just awesome.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote