New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old December 30 2010, 12:03 PM   #1
TV-Tastic
Lieutenant Junior Grade

TV-Tastic's Commentary on the BSG: B & C Concept Art

Most of you have already seen the concept art that was released the other day and I've posted it up for my readers along with some commentary on what we know about the art, the new series and its current stage of development.

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy.

TV SCOOP! Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome Preliminary Concept Art Released!

-The 'Tastic

TV-Tastic:The Facebook Group Page For My Dopey Blog
Old December 30 2010, 04:03 PM   #2
David cgc
Vice Admiral

Re: TV-Tastic's Commentary on the BSG: B & C Concept Art

I love the old-style Raptor (looks like we'll all just quietly forget the not-at-all-different Raptors in the Razor Flashbacks), and being chased through a flight-pod that's falling apart seems like a pretty cool action shot.

The mean son-of-a-bitch cylon is good, too, but it just doesn't look like a cylon without the red eye-slit.
Old December 30 2010, 08:10 PM   #3
TV-Tastic
Lieutenant Junior Grade

David cgc wrote: View Post
I love the old-style Raptor (looks like we'll all just quietly forget the not-at-all-different Raptors in the Razor Flashbacks), and being chased through a flight-pod that's falling apart seems like a pretty cool action shot.

The mean son-of-a-bitch cylon is good, too, but it just doesn't look like a cylon without the red eye-slit.
I dig that mean, beat-up Raptor as well. Reminds me of a Vietnam era Hueys.

As far as the Cylons, keep in mind that this is concept art and may or not be indicative of the final product. As Michael Taylor notes, they are at the fleshing-out stage or as I like to put it, the "throw as much shit at the wall as possible and see what sticks" stage.

But, yeah... that is pretty kick-ass.

Hey, thanks for reading! The TrekBBS crowd has significantly boosted my readership!

***UPDATE: DOUG DREXLER HAS CONFIRMED WITH THE 'TASTIC THAT HE IS WORKING ON THE VFX ON BLOOD & CHROME AS WELL***

The 'Tastic spoke with Doug Drexler today and noted that Gary Hutzel would be working on Blood & Chrome and asked Doug if he would be involved, as well.

Doug Drexler wrote:
Yes! Gary drags my bleeding corpse with him everywhere he goes!
So there you have it!

-The 'Tastic

Old December 30 2010, 09:44 PM   #4
milo bloom
Fleet Captain

Nice comments, except I'm tired of the CGI being blamed for The Phantom Menace's problems. There was a crap tonne of damn good FX work in that movie, both physical models and CG, but none of which had to do with the fact that the problem was George couldn't make trade embargoes and votes of no confidence exciting enough for a Star Wars film.

Really looking forward to Blood and Chrome. Caprica should have been far closer to this idea from the very beginning.
Old December 31 2010, 04:01 AM   #5
TV-Tastic
Lieutenant Junior Grade

milo bloom wrote: View Post
Nice comments, except I'm tired of the CGI being blamed for The Phantom Menace's problems. There was a crap tonne of damn good FX work in that movie, both physical models and CG,
There is some decent work but overall, I would tend to disagree. I've always felt the CGI work was very cartoony. But, you're absolutely correct, the VFX are not why it sucks.

That being said, my example of SW:TPM was not a comment on the quality, just the quantity. As noted by the next statement, I'm always skeptical of the overuse of CGI, no matter how well done, regardless of the project. Buuuuuuuut... this particular crew has been known to do phenomenally good work with huge budgets and limited budgets.
...but none of which had to do with the fact that the problem was George couldn't make trade embargoes and votes of no confidence exciting enough for a Star Wars film.
...Couldn't have said it better myself.

I don't know if you've seen the Plinkett Reviews from Red Letter Media but they are brilliant. Here's the one for SW:TPM... it's better than the actual film.

http://redlettermedia.com/phantom_menace.html

Really looking forward to Blood and Chrome. Caprica should have been far closer to this idea from the very beginning.
Agreed. I liked Caprica but it reminded me a bit of Enterprise in that both series should have coincided with the pivotal wars in the franchise's mythos.

Thanks for reading!

-Tha 'Tastic

Last edited by TV-Tastic; December 31 2010 at 04:58 AM.