Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

View Poll Results: How excited are you that I'm here?
W00t!! Let's get this party started! 182 69.73%
I'm ok with it, I'll live. 56 21.46%
Meh. 17 6.51%
BOO!! GO AWAY!!! 6 2.30%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 21 2010, 09:11 PM   #241
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

View kirsten187's Twitter Profile
Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

^ Any ideas on what avatar you're going to have?

"Come to Quark's, Quark's is fun, come right now, don't walk - RUN!" Quark
kirsten187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2010, 10:40 PM   #242
futureboy
Ensign

Well obviously McCoy is taken
I may just get real crazy and use a picture of me. Or my cat.
Or maybe Plinkett?
The choices are overwhelmingly endless.
46 posts to go.
futureboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2010, 07:51 PM   #243
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

It looks that way, doesn't it?!

Have you triedthe Red Shirts Lounge here? It's a cool part of the forum where you can increase your number of posts quite quickly.

Old December 22 2010, 09:34 PM   #244
Sector 7
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sector 7

kirsten187 wrote: View Post
Don't scare me like that! Thank you Rear Admiral, although I apologise for being (and I quote) "a young upstart" if that has annoyed you. It wasn't intentional.
Hahahahahahaha... we need more "young upstarts" like you. That term is a compliment, kirsten187! I take care of my mom, who is an invalid, at home. I am also the greater family's taxi driver, messenger boy, furniture mover and more... so my time here is sometimes limited. Thanks to your "young upstart" attitude everyone gets to be greeted whether I am here or not.

futureboy, there are so many avatars to choose AND you can change it as often as you wish. For Halloween and Christmas we usually have a chance to pick holiday screen names, too. kirsten187 is right about the Redshirt Lounge... and as you get promoted you will move to other Lounges, where you will meet other new friends.
Old December 22 2010, 09:58 PM   #245
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

When do the new lounges appear? I remember this being mentioned but I have forgotten! I know it relates to how many posts you've made.

Old December 22 2010, 10:09 PM   #246
Mokona
Lieutenant Commander

-peers into thread- Hi there everyone!!

I'm Mokona, or Moko...or Kona...or whatever nickname you wish to call me!!

Hi!!

I'm new!

I did not grow up with TOS of Star Trek as it aired way before I was even born but my dad grew up watching The Original Series. He did not watch any other series after that...but when we randomly found an episode airing on the TV, I would encourage him to watch and he in turn would encourage ME to watch. At first I took no notice, but when the Reboot came out in theatres, I was encouraged not only by the presence of Zachary Quinto and Karl Urban (yes...fangirlism) but by the idea that my dad might enjoy the trip back to his childhood and his memories of watching The Original Series.

I thought the movie was awesome and yeah!! This is the story of my introduction to Star Trek and I'm hoping to have loads of fun out here with you all!!
Mokona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2010, 11:26 PM   #247
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

Hi, how are you?

Karl Urban was my link to TOS. I'd watched episodes before in the mid 1990s but not liked it very much, always preferring TNG and especially DS9. I saw the recent film on DVD and liked Karl Urban. That prompted me to buy all 3 seasons of TOS on DVD about 3 months ago and now I love it. Especially Dr McCoy but I prefer DeForest Kelley in the role (perhaps my avatar gave that away?!).

Old December 23 2010, 01:16 AM   #248
Mokona
Lieutenant Commander

^ Good how are you? XD
Wow, I should go out and watch the TOS... I've only seen bits and pieces of episodes...so...yeah!!
Old December 23 2010, 08:03 PM   #249
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

^ I would recommend it. Not that it's a guarantee you'll enjoy it, of course, but it is very good. There are a few duff episodes but I think all of the different incarnations of Star Trek have some.

I'm ok thanks

Old December 24 2010, 11:31 PM   #250
Mokona
Lieutenant Commander

^ I would recommend it. Not that it's a guarantee you'll enjoy it, of course, but it is very good. There are a few duff episodes but I think all of the different incarnations of Star Trek have some.

I'm ok thanks

Alright! Thanks!
Old December 28 2010, 08:57 PM   #251
Sector 7
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sector 7

When do the new lounges appear? I remember this being mentioned but I have forgotten! I know it relates to how many posts you've made.
The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) thread addresses this, although the formula sounds eerily complicated. FAQ is also located next to User CP at the top of every page.

In short, as you get promoted you will automatically see the Lounge for your rank. Lower ranks are grouped into The Redshirt Lounge. It has been awhile, but I think Captains Lounge is the first rank-specific lounge.

Remember, promotions are based upon BOTH number of posts AND time as a board member. You may have enough posts, but not been a member long enough. It is a complicated formula that only God and AnthonyF truly understand.

The Commodores and Rear Admirals may recall my thread "Sector 7's Farewell to the Troops" in which I said all my good-byes to the Commodores since I was only a few posts away from my promotion... except that I mis-counted and needed another 1,000 posts to get my promotion!! There was much laughter at my expense... including my own laughter!
Old December 28 2010, 09:19 PM   #252
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

Well, what's 1,000? Thanks for the information.

Old January 5 2011, 09:09 PM   #253
Ael
Ensign

Jolan'tru!

I am not new to Trek, but am new to these forums. I've been loking for a new "home" for a while now, and this place looks like a nice one. Thought I'd join and have a look around.

I look forward to getting to know some of ya. Oh, and just because I'm a Romulan, doesn't mean I bite.
Ael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2011, 08:05 PM   #254
kirsten187
Napoleonic Power Monger

Hello, welcome to Trekbbs. I hope you enjoy it here, it's cool. You can check out the red shirts forums, for new(ish) members if you like. How long have you been watching Star Trek?

Old January 9 2011, 01:11 AM   #255
DBKlingon
Lieutenant

Hey everyone! I am REALLY excited to be here! I've been a huge fan of the original series since I was just a small, innocent little child watching old reruns while my dad let me have a few sips of his beer. SSSHHHHHH, don't tell Mom!

Anyways, like I said I am absolutely PUMPED to be here! I cannot wait until I have enough posts to get my own avatar and start receiving/sending PMs and getting friends and so on. I'll tell you guys a little about me:
I think Klingons get a bad rap
I think Star Wars is cooler than Star Trek, but that says more about Star Wars than it does about Star Trek, since they're both the epitome of cool. If Steve McQueen had played Kirk instead of Billy Shatner, then it would have been cooler than Star Wars. However, on the issue of Darth Vader and his infallibility, there can be no compromise. But that's neither here nor there.
I try to go to as many conventions as possible out here in California where I live. Me and my friends like to get all dressed up in our outfits and hang out and drink Kool-Aid and talk shop with the other fans.
I am heterosexual.
I loved the newest movie and I am really looking forward to future ones.
I joined with some friends of mine from CrossFit, so there are a bunch of us floating around in the universe today. I went to one of my Crossfit sessions in my Federation uniform (the tan one, just like Kirk wore!) and all of the Star Trek fans there came forward and introduced themselves to me. We all decided to join a fan site together so we could share our love of Star Trek with everyone and be a part of a really cool community. I think we found the right place!
Since I mentioned CrossFit, I should mention that I really like to move some heavy weight around and do enough cardio to stay just short of rhabdomyolysis. So anyone else out there who likes to get their swole on, feel free to hit me up via PM once I have 50 posts!

That's all for now! I look forward to getting to know all of you much better in the future!
DBKlingon is offline   Reply With Quote