Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 21 2010, 09:57 PM   #16
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: Indiana Jones: The Quest for Death...aka Harrison says kill Indy!!

Reverend wrote: View Post
...keep him alive but move him into a supporting role with Mutt (who came up with that name?!) to the forefront.
Well, its more a nickname, like Indy(named for the dog he loved). Mutt(nickname no doubt playing off the dog thing) is really ALSO named Henry. He is Henry Jones III.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2010, 10:06 PM   #17
EJA
Fleet Captain

I think it would be a disaster.
EJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2010, 10:20 PM   #18
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

If any fifth film is like the fourth, he'll probably die of boredom. And so will the audience.
Old December 21 2010, 10:40 PM   #19
Mike Farley
Commodore

If you don't want to play Indy anymore...just DON'T MAKE ANOTHER MOVIE.
Mike Farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2010, 11:17 PM   #20
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
...keep him alive but move him into a supporting role with Mutt (who came up with that name?!) to the forefront.
Well, its more a nickname, like Indy(named for the dog he loved). Mutt(nickname no doubt playing off the dog thing) is really ALSO named Henry. He is Henry Jones III.
^Oh I know, but it's still a crap nickname.

Incidentally, with all the KotCS hate flying around I should admit in all honesty that I rather liked the film. Not a patch on Raiders and totally lacking the chemistry that made Last Crusade great, but it was much better overall than Temple of Doom and taken on it's own it was still an enjoyable film in it's own right and beat the hell out of pretenders like the National Treasure, Tomb Raider of Mummy films audiences have been subjected to since Indy last rode off into that sunset. So yeah, I'd take a sub-par Indy over just about any other adventure movie any day.
Reverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2010, 11:21 PM   #21
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

EJA wrote: View Post
Yes, I have heard that according to the Young Indy shows, Indy himself survives all the way into the early 1990s.
Lucas considers those wraparounds apocryphal, and has since the VHS releases of the late-90s which excised them. They aren't even on the DVD box sets.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2010, 11:23 PM   #22
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher

Spoiler alert, Mr. Ford.
Old December 21 2010, 11:31 PM   #23
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

^Oh I know, but it's still a crap nickname.

Incidentally, with all the KotCS hate flying around I should admit in all honesty that I rather liked the film. Not a patch on Raiders and totally lacking the chemistry that made Last Crusade great, but it was much better overall than Temple of Doom and taken on it's own it was still an enjoyable film in it's own right and beat the hell out of pretenders like the National Treasure, Tomb Raider of Mummy films audiences have been subjected to since Indy last rode off into that sunset. So yeah, I'd take a sub-par Indy over just about any other adventure movie any day.
My thoughts entirely (including Mutt being a lame nickname), although I think I enjoyed The Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls more than most.

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
EJA wrote: View Post
Yes, I have heard that according to the Young Indy shows, Indy himself survives all the way into the early 1990s.
Lucas considers those wraparounds apocryphal, and has since the VHS releases of the late-90s which excised them. They aren't even on the DVD box sets.
Really? Why does Lucas not like them? I've never watched the show (except a YouTube clip of Ford's appearance).

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2010, 11:44 PM   #24
davejames
Vice Admiral

You know, I hadn't seen the 4th again until they aired it on cable a couple weeks ago, and I have to begrudgingly admit that the first half of the film works a lot better than I remembered, and actually serves as a pretty cool reintroduction to the character.

Unfortunately the second half (when the actual Skull plot kicks in) is still a complete fucking disaster.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2010, 11:51 PM   #25
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Well, if Lucas has decanonized Old Indy-- which is a shame-- there's nothing preventing them from killing him off. As long as he dies a grand hero's death, I would be okay with it. It's not like there will be any more movies.
Old December 21 2010, 11:52 PM   #26
IndyJones
Vice Admiral

Well, that's not really his name. He grew up thinking his dad was an Englishman, so he wouldn't have been given the Jones surname.
Travel's fatal to prejudice, bigotry, narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things can't be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's life.
IndyJones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2010, 11:57 PM   #27
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

IndyJones wrote: View Post
Well, that's not really his name. He grew up thinking his dad was an Englishman, so he wouldn't have been given the Jones surname.
Wait. Are you telling me that Wiki is wrong?!! The horror, how could this happen.

I get what you mean in context. Nothing stopping him from changing his name now that he knows so that for INDY 5 it is HJIII.

I also really like INDY 4 and while I can admit to some fault with it I think its overblown. Much like the overblown hate for Terminator 4. Flaws, sure some but you'd think the art of cinema had been nuked the way some people pour outrage into their blown out of proportion 'points'.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21 2010, 11:57 PM   #28
EJA
Fleet Captain

Anyone interested in KotCS should have a look at the "Indiana Jones IV plot holes" thread I've started. It does a really good job of showing why the film ought to be decanonised.
EJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2010, 12:08 AM   #29
Servo
Rear Admiral

...but you'd think the art of cinema had been nuked...
Fortunately, the art of cinema was hiding in a fridge at the time.
Old December 22 2010, 01:03 AM   #30
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Not a patch on Raiders and totally lacking the chemistry that made Last Crusade great, but it was much better overall than Temple of Doom and taken on it's own it was still an enjoyable film in it's own right and beat the hell out of pretenders like the National Treasure, Tomb Raider of Mummy
Fail.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote