Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 11 2010, 02:35 AM   #691
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

"Flight of the Living Dead"

That's worth watching for the name alone!
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2010, 03:02 AM   #692
Aragorn
Admiral

Here's the Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a Plane trailer (I guess they needed a longer title):

What other titles can we come up with for a "zombies on a plane" movie?

Dead Air
Dead Eye Flight
Deadhead
Aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2010, 05:04 AM   #693
JD
Admiral

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
The movie "Airplane!". It was the "white zone" reference that started me off.
Crap, I can't believe I didn't recognize the reference. I guess I need to watch it again. I've already seen it 3 or 4 times and I love it.
Old December 11 2010, 05:10 AM   #694
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

"What is it, Sheriff Grimes? What's going on?"

"I'm not sure...I haven't seen anything like this since the Black-Eyed Peas concert. What did we have for dinner at the CDC?"

"Well Dr. Jenner said we could have steak or fish."

"Yes, yes, I remember, I had lasagna."
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2010, 11:02 AM   #695
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Here's the Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a Plane trailer (I guess they needed a longer title):

Dead Air
Dead Eye Flight
Deadhead
Motherfuckin Zombies On A Plane.
Old December 17 2010, 08:50 PM   #696
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

The first (minor) details about the special features on the season one release are out. It's the usual suspects: "making of" feature; webisodes; audio commentaries; behind-the-scenes footage. As mentioned previously, it'll hit retail shelves on March 8th.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18 2010, 01:21 AM   #697
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Are the webisodes the motion comic, I wonder, or extra live-action scenes?
Old December 18 2010, 02:22 AM   #698
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

Aragorn wrote: View Post

Dead Air
Dead Eye Flight
Deadhead
While not "on a plane" specifically, Dead Air is already taken by other Zombie Media:

Old December 18 2010, 08:44 PM   #699
the G-man
Commodore

Landed wrote: View Post
I know that this show really gets to me because every Sunday night, after watching it, I have nightmares about the zombie apocalypse.

Anybody else?
Yep.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18 2010, 09:48 PM   #700
the G-man
Commodore

RJDonner&Blitzen wrote: View Post
Temis the Red-Nosed Vorta wrote: View Post
Maybe the success of TWD will inspire more shows written for grownups? But that requires that TV producers realize that what's making this show successful is that it doesn't insult the audience's intelligence, instead of everyone suddenly liking zombies.
There might be some producers who think like that, but I'd be shocked if many network execs have that much insight.
Knowing network, the lesson won't be "people like intelligent drama." It will be "people like exploding brains."

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
[How long did it take the caravan to reach the CDC? One day? Granted that it took a while to repair Dale's hose, I can forgive the timing even though it's in the same city. But as far as I can tell, they left the morning after the attack... and that was the morning after the fish fry. And they told Jenner they hadn't had any food for two or three days? What?
Not to mention that Rick, et al, ran back to the camp from the city in less than a day after Merle stole the van.

Ryan wrote: View Post
PsychoPere wrote: View Post
Producer Gale Anne Hurd says that the writing staff was not fired. In addition, she expects the series to return in October 2011 and that Darabont & Kirkman will start mapping out the second season early next year.
I wonder what they're going to do about Carl. With such a long hiatus they'll have the same problem as Walt in Lost.
Yep. And that's another reason why the writers were smart to establish early on that the TV series won't slavishly follow the comic book. Comic books have the luxury of child "actors" who don't age over several years. Live action movies and television don't. Carl alone is a reason why the TV show was going to have to deviate from the comic book plotlines.

Corran Horn wrote: View Post
Zombie wrote: View Post

Bombs don't work.
Why not? Do bombs somehow not damage the brains of the things they're dropped on anymore?
Yeah, if a baseball bat to the skull causes enough brain damage to take out a zombie (which we've seen), I would think the percussive force of an explosion would too.

RJDonner&Blitzen wrote: View Post
It's unlikely that they could walk across the ocean floor. It's muddy and there are all kinds of ravines and they'd be buffeted by the currents and so forth; and they wouldn't be able to see, so they'd need some magical sense of direction. Maybe they drift like seaweed until they hit land.
That actually makes the most sense. The bodies don't walk across the ocean, they drift.

Temis the Red-Nosed Vorta wrote: View Post
Here's a story about TWD plot holes. What bugs you about this show? How would you handle a zombie outbreak better than these guys have?
In some ways, Rick is like Jack on LOST. He's the "hero," the group tends to look up to him, but damn if he doesn't fuck things up more often than not.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18 2010, 10:16 PM   #701
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

the G-man wrote: View Post
[...] the writers were smart to establish early on that the TV series won't slavishly follow the comic book. [...]
That depends on what you mean by "slavishly." Darabont and Hurd have consistently stated that the comic series provides the roadmap that the television series will travel, and that the tv series will take some logical detours off of that path but will always return to the path of the comics.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2010, 01:14 AM   #702
scnj
Captain

[...] the writers were smart to establish early on that the TV series won't slavishly follow the comic book. [...]
That depends on what you mean by "slavishly." Darabont and Hurd have consistently stated that the comic series provides the roadmap that the television series will travel, and that the tv series will take some logical detours off of that path but will always return to the path of the comics.
True, but they'll definitely have to expand the time frame. The comic so far has been about a year or so? They can't get away with that over several seasons.
scnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2010, 03:50 AM   #703
Morpheus 02
Commodore

scnj wrote: View Post
True, but they'll definitely have to expand the time frame. The comic so far has been about a year or so? They can't get away with that over several seasons.
Unless they kill or kidnap all the kids...then maybe they can expand the time frame...or at least not worry about them in the series. One way to keep the kids in, though, might be to have flashback sequences...ones where they shoot with the kids now, and then re-edit something later
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2010, 09:50 AM   #704
Aragorn
Admiral

Aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2010, 10:39 AM   #705
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

I just hope they steer clear of the big over the top set pieces in the future. i.e. less exploding buildings, no meeting the president, space rockets, mad scientists, etc. Just average people trying to survive without being the last hope for humanity. Does that make any sense?

Landed wrote: View Post
I know that this show really gets to me because every Sunday night, after watching it, I have nightmares about the zombie apocalypse.

Anybody else?
Yep.
Oh hell, I've been having those about once a month ever since I first saw Dawn/Day of the Dead back in the 80's. I've got a serious case of Zombifobia, but I still can't get enough of them.

Best cure I found was playing lots of L4D.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote