RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,447
Posts: 5,507,904
Members: 25,131
Currently online: 445
Newest member: xunixan

TrekToday headlines

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old December 17 2010, 01:13 PM   #46
Gov Kodos
Admiral
 
Gov Kodos's Avatar
 
Location: Gov Kodos Regretably far from Boston
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

ChristmasDaniel wrote: View Post
I'm up to the end of season four in my rewatch, and I'm just not seeing it.

Help me out, Janeway lovers. What do you see in her?
It's like Jazz, if you have to ask, you'll never understand.
__________________
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline  
Old December 17 2010, 05:09 PM   #47
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral
 
JanewayRulz!'s Avatar
 
Location: North America
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Yes, but the womens heads at that bus stop are turning because they want (are waiting for) something awful to happen to the gorgeous woman.

Hah, that's just what "guys" want to think.

What we are thinking is "Oh... my... Gawd!"
JanewayRulz! is offline  
Old December 17 2010, 05:14 PM   #48
Adm_Hawthorne
Admiral
 
Adm_Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Location: Not really sure anymore
View Adm_Hawthorne's Twitter Profile
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Yes, but the womens heads at that bus stop are turning because they want (are waiting for) something awful to happen to the gorgeous woman.

Hah, that's just what "guys" want to think.

What we are thinking is "Oh... my... Gawd!"
The OMG is followed by, "I want that body."

Take that as you will.
Adm_Hawthorne is offline  
Old December 17 2010, 05:15 PM   #49
T.D. Possum
Commodore
 
T.D. Possum's Avatar
 
Location: Jelly Fridge
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Yes, but the womens heads at that bus stop are turning because they want (are waiting for) something awful to happen to the gorgeous woman.

Hah, that's just what "guys" want to think.

What we are thinking is "Oh... my... Gawd!"
Guy, your idea is both bizarre and offensive. And that's all I am going to say on the topic.
T.D. Possum is offline  
Old December 17 2010, 05:27 PM   #50
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

I believe that the Mirror Mirror Complex is a tried and tested psychological principle.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline  
Old December 17 2010, 05:58 PM   #51
kimc
Coffee Mod
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN USA
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

Adm_Hawthorne wrote: View Post
JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Yes, but the womens heads at that bus stop are turning because they want (are waiting for) something awful to happen to the gorgeous woman.

Hah, that's just what "guys" want to think.

What we are thinking is "Oh... my... Gawd!"
The OMG is followed by, "I want that body."

Take that as you will.
I'm checking out their shoes. Actually, I do that to all women...
__________________
I'm certainly less inclined to bash Voyager now, it is not nearly as bad a show as many people make it out to be. - TheGodBen

Avatar by B'Elanna.
kimc is offline  
Old December 17 2010, 06:06 PM   #52
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

90 percent of feet are just these stumps for balancing on. The job of shoes is to hide the ugly long enough for you to find some consuming passion about some other area... Which is why I really don't understand open toe formal wear.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline  
Old December 17 2010, 06:57 PM   #53
froot
Fleet Captain
 
froot's Avatar
 
Location: Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

kimc wrote: View Post
Adm_Hawthorne wrote: View Post
JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post


Hah, that's just what "guys" want to think.

What we are thinking is "Oh... my... Gawd!"
The OMG is followed by, "I want that body."

Take that as you will.
I'm checking out their shoes. Actually, I do that to all women...
Personally, I only secretly wish to trip a woman if she looks like she fell out of a Jersey Shore episode. Actually, I wish to trip men who look like that as well - what with their little low-cut sequin shirts and flipped hats. I never seem to notice shoes!

If a lady or a fellow is confident and poised and nice-looking without being too "fake," that's enough to usually turn my head in admiration, not jealousy! Being a ginger helps, too.

(...I wrote a rant about sequin shirts and flipped hats, but then I held myself back.)
froot is offline  
Old December 17 2010, 07:04 PM   #54
Cap'n Claus
Rear Admiral
 
Cap'n Claus's Avatar
 
Location: ssosmcin
Re: How is Granny Janeway sexy?

alte wrote: View Post
I've long since perceived her as falling somewhat into the category of "Sexy Grandma".
If there is such a thing.
Y'now, older...but possibly still rather fiendish in the sack.

Kinda like this, maybe:


Christ, I just had soda run out my nose. I can't stop laughing at this....
__________________
"Tranya is people!"
Cap'n Claus is offline  
Old December 19 2010, 12:47 PM   #55
henbane
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

One of the things I've always admired about Kate Mulgrew as an actress is that she's been able to achieve a reasonable level of success without being a great beauty, incredibly sexy or having a great body shape. I once heard an interview with Kate on this very subject where she acknowledged that she lacked the overt sexiness and beauty of many in Hollywood. In some ways, I guess that's why she hasn't landed a lot of highly commercial (but shallow) roles. This is true of many of the actor I enjoy watching eg Eric Stolz, Christopher Walken, Glen Close, Dianne Wiest.

Having said that - beauty/sexiness etc is a very personal choice.
henbane is offline  
Old December 19 2010, 01:40 PM   #56
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

I heard Lewis from/on the Drew Carey Show something on par with this the other night.

"I'm attracted to all women now. That's how desperate I am."
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline  
Old December 20 2010, 11:04 AM   #57
froot
Fleet Captain
 
froot's Avatar
 
Location: Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

henbane wrote: View Post
One of the things I've always admired about Kate Mulgrew as an actress is that she's been able to achieve a reasonable level of success without being a great beauty, incredibly sexy or having a great body shape. I once heard an interview with Kate on this very subject where she acknowledged that she lacked the overt sexiness and beauty of many in Hollywood. In some ways, I guess that's why she hasn't landed a lot of highly commercial (but shallow) roles. This is true of many of the actor I enjoy watching eg Eric Stolz, Christopher Walken, Glen Close, Dianne Wiest.

Having said that - beauty/sexiness etc is a very personal choice.
Amen - normal-looking actors/actresses give the rest of us regular people hope that we can be cool too without melon boobies and collagen lips. Looking perfectly average should not be a barrier to being a hero! Most real-life heroes and good people ARE normal-looking folks.

I pretty much find all the people you listed awesome. Speaking of mojo, Walken's got that in spades. He's totally sexy.
froot is offline  
Old December 20 2010, 07:35 PM   #58
Sachorus
Ensign
 
Location: USS LEVIATHAN
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

She's captain of a Starship..she kicks serious ass...and she can be forceful when she wants to be...POWER has made her sexy! If she was Ops officer or helm officer then I'd feel nothing for her..But in the Captains Chair...hot damn.
__________________
"All I ask is for a tall ship...a cargo hold of Romulan Ale serving Orion Slave Girls and as many borg as I can destroy..."
Sachorus is offline  
Old December 20 2010, 10:35 PM   #59
HoneyBLilly
Commodore
 
HoneyBLilly's Avatar
 
Location: Tumblr Gardens
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

Sachorus wrote: View Post
She's captain of a Starship..she kicks serious ass...and she can be forceful when she wants to be...POWER has made her sexy! If she was Ops officer or helm officer then I'd feel nothing for her..But in the Captains Chair...hot damn.
In other words, power and authority is hot.
__________________
HoneyBLilly is offline  
Old December 20 2010, 10:39 PM   #60
Adm_Hawthorne
Admiral
 
Adm_Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Location: Not really sure anymore
View Adm_Hawthorne's Twitter Profile
Re: How is Janeway sexy?

mairbeariepie wrote: View Post
Sachorus wrote: View Post
She's captain of a Starship..she kicks serious ass...and she can be forceful when she wants to be...POWER has made her sexy! If she was Ops officer or helm officer then I'd feel nothing for her..But in the Captains Chair...hot damn.
In other words, power and authority is hot.
That should not be news.
Adm_Hawthorne is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
janeway, kate mulgrew

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.