Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old December 12 2010, 04:46 AM   #31
-Brett-
Rear Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3

Remember how misleading the first glimpses of ME2 were.

"Shepard's dead!
Or is he? *dun dun dunnnnn*
No, he's not."

The trailer kicked all kinds of ass, no doubt about it, but the game itself might be totally different.
-Brett- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2010, 04:49 AM   #32
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral

But Shepard did die. The Legion teaser wasn't actually misleading.
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2010, 05:30 AM   #33
Steven
Admiral

Hanukkah Solo wrote: View Post
MASS EFFECT 3 officially announced!

Teaser online! Scheduled for Holiday 2011. This, plus TES5, is going to make for an expensive Christmas.
Well, Earth is screwed.

Very nice, I can't wait!
Old December 12 2010, 06:28 AM   #34
Sheep
Vice Admiral

Between this, Elder Scrolls V and the new SSX same, I need a change of pants.
Old December 12 2010, 07:22 AM   #35
Jax
Admiral

Sheep wrote: View Post
Between this, Elder Scrolls V and the new SSX same, I need a change of pants.
I bet both Elder V and ME 3 will be pushed back to Q1 2012 because they are going to be large games and probably will need the extra polishing time.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2010, 10:21 AM   #36
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

They'll release on time, because the video game industry is a business and taking more time costs more money.
Old December 12 2010, 10:37 AM   #37
Sparky
Commodore

Herkimer Jitty wrote: View Post
They'll release on time, because the video game industry is a business and taking more time costs more money.
I wish more companies were like Valve. Release the thing when it is ready.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2010, 10:38 AM   #38
Jax
Admiral

Herkimer Jitty wrote: View Post
Mass Effect 2 was pushed back from Q4 2009 to Q1 2010, and quite a few games get pushed back in there development. I don't know how Bioware manage to make 3 games at once (ME 3, DO 2 & SW:TOR) there gods among nerds

TBH after how well ME 2 did in a post Christmas slot to avoid games like COD, Uncharted 2 & Creed 2 am surprised they want to put it up against would could be a similar lineup but with another big RPG thrown in "Elder V".

I see Elder V being pushed back because its one of those games, which end up too big for its own good and I do fear a buggy launch.

Sparky wrote: View Post
I wish more companies were like Valve. Release the thing when it is ready.
Rockstar is another who seem to like to take their time, I remember when people were saying Red Dead Redemption would not make a large profit, boy were they wrong. There also saying the same about LA Noire...

Rockstar = Great quality and $$$...same with Valve, people should learn from them.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Old December 12 2010, 10:42 AM   #39
Sheep
Vice Admiral

I take back what I said about the new SSX game. WTF is this shit? Why the hell does the new SSX game look like Call of Duty?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...-deadly/708356

EA has their heads completely up their asses if they think SSX needs to be dark and gritty instead of the cool games the previous SSX, SSX:Tricky and SSX 3 were. Let's hope they don't have the same effect on Mass Effect 3.
Old December 12 2010, 10:52 AM   #40
John Clark
Commodore

Enjoyed the trailer, but this game was always going to be a preorder for me
Old December 12 2010, 10:56 AM   #41
Reverend
Rear Admiral

I'd be surprised if ME3 is just about getting allies together for the big show down. I imagine most of that is already determined by the groundwork laid in the first two games. I suspect the core mission will be chasing after another Prothean mcguffin that'll either destroy the Reapers or drive them back for good. Remember that there was a mention in LotSB that the Shadow Broker believed that the Protheans were onto something other than the conduit So my prediction is that Liara finds something and sends you off on a new treasure hunt.

I don't think the Reapers will be in any hurry to spread beyond Earth in a hurry, remember that it took them centuries to methodically wipe out the Protheans...of course back then they had control of the Citadel and the relay networks and could afford to pick the systems off one at a time...

Which races show up for the big fight will probably only determine the state of the galaxy after the dust has settled; e.g. the Reapers are gone but...galactic civilisation is in ruins and it's going all Mad Max in space/the galaxy is OK but Earth is gone and humanity is all but extinct/the galaxy is OK, Earth will recover and the galactic civilization enters a golden age/the galaxy is OK, Earth will recover and all hail our new human overlords!
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2010, 11:51 AM   #42
Jax
Admiral

^
I get a SG-Vibe "find the ancient device to beat the bad guys".
Old December 12 2010, 01:12 PM   #43
Jon-o'-lantern
Rear Admiral

Was always going to get ME3 but now I'm a bit excited for it.
Jon-o'-lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2010, 04:57 PM   #44
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Reverend wrote: View Post
I don't think the Reapers will be in any hurry to spread beyond Earth in a hurry, remember that it took them centuries to methodically wipe out the Protheans...of course back then they had control of the Citadel and the relay networks and could afford to pick the systems off one at a time...
We don't yet know how the Reapers got back into the galaxy, so it's impossible to say what their effect on the relay network will be. I read an interesting idea that if the Reapers did manage to deactivate the relay network so only they could use it then the Normandy would be the only ship capable of traversing the galaxy as it has the Reaper IFF. That seems like a cool idea, and it would give you a reason for travelling around the galaxy looking for help as everyone would be isolated and nobody would know what's going on. Otherwise, one would imagine that the council races would be forced by law to help Earth in its hour of need and you wouldn't need to go around the place convincing people.

Anyway, a Bioware rep on the ME forums confirmed that there will be more ME2 DLC released to bridge the gap between the games, so there's a small chance we may get some answers about how the Reapers entered the galaxy in those.
Old December 12 2010, 05:02 PM   #45
bullethead
Fleet Captain

A JaxMas Carol wrote: View Post
^
I get a SG-Vibe "find the ancient device to beat the bad guys".
The entire Reaper plot is pretty Stargate-ish, so this fits.