Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old December 10 2010, 04:01 AM   #211
billcosby
Commodore

Re: DEXTER Season 5 Discussion & Spoilers

Temis the Red-Nosed Vorta wrote: View Post
I just hope they don't kill Lumen next week. Doesn't seem like her story w/Dex is remotely over. Either she's on the run or in prison.
Yes, I think it would be insane to kill her off for the season finale... the writers would have so much to work with if she were kept alive, at least for some of the next season.

The Lumen character has grown on me.

billcosby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2010, 04:34 AM   #212
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain

I think it would help if the Dexter-Lumen relationship was less lovely-dovey and had more of the bent, passionate craziness of a Sylar/Elle-like relationship.
Joe Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2010, 08:14 AM   #213
harrymckey

I like all the TV shows of American TV show series. But my favorite TV show is Dexter because it is an action TV show and it gives a beatiful message to the society.
  Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old December 10 2010, 08:26 AM   #214
Jax
Admiral

^ ok nice to know

Why do I get the feeling the writers may of backed themselves into a corner when it comes to the ending of this season. I feel its going to be a real marmite episode for this board (if you don't know what marmite is...its a british thing)
Old December 10 2010, 08:53 AM   #215
Aragorn
Admiral

^ harrymckey is a spammer. His (now removed) sig has links to other sites.

Next season on Dexter...

It's Dexter and Lumen...

vs. Mickey and Mallory!
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2010, 01:30 AM   #216
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Joe Washington wrote: View Post
I think it would help if the Dexter-Lumen relationship was less lovely-dovey and had more of the bent, passionate craziness of a Sylar/Elle-like relationship.
I wanted it to be even more terrifying - for Lumen to be so screwed up that she hated all men, and was plotting to take it out on Dexter in some particularly horrifying way once he'd help her dispose of the rapists, and has creepy scenes where she's on her own, setting up some kind of torture chamber/kill room, so that the audience knows what's coming but Dexter is oblivious and even manages to fall in love with Lumen while the audience is screaming at our TV sets DEXTER DEXTER! The crazy bitch is going to KILL YOU!!!!!

Ah well, that would have been fun. But I think the plan for Lumen is for her storyline to lead to Dexter's redemption in the end. All he really wants is for people to accept him for what he is - not to have to reform to get people to accept him. That seems impossible, but now one person accepts him (just as Harry did before). If he can convince Deb and maybe Astor and Cody, then the show can end on a happy note, and without betraying the character by insisting he be "cured" and stop killing miscreants.

I feel its going to be a real marmite episode for this board
Pablum? Yeah, I think it'll be pablum compared with what this show used to be in S1-S2. I'd rather have Dexter get crazier and the show get crazier right up till the very final episode, but then a "happy ending" would be sheer impossibility and I do kinda want that happy ending, so I guess I just should accept whichever way the writers jump because I don't know how to have my cake and eat it too!
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2010, 02:42 AM   #217
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

harrymckey wrote: View Post
I like all the TV shows of American TV show series. But my favorite TV show is Dexter because it is an action TV show and it gives a beatiful message to the society.
That it's okay to be a serial killer as long as you kill serial killers?
Old December 11 2010, 05:24 AM   #218
MichaelDornFan
Lieutenant Commander

Will the remaining Fuentes brother make an appearance in the finale?
MichaelDornFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2010, 09:24 PM   #219
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

I'm still waiting for the little kid who was locked in the trunk of the junkyard car in S1 to get old enough to realize the guy he saw killing the bad lady was probably not Jesus after all! He still remembers what "Jesus" looks like and could go back to the Miami PD any day.
Old December 12 2010, 01:40 AM   #220
Tulin
Vice Admiral

MichaelDornFan wrote: View Post
Weller was probably my favorite part of the season. Shame his demise was so quick and undramatic.

Jordan Chase capturing Lumen was also a bit of a bore, and Emily's death was so random and uninteresting. What happened to gripping dialogue of the first couple seasons?
After watching this season you MUST know nothing is like it was in the first two seasons. A big ramp up at the end is not really making up for a quite boring first two thirds. It may be time for Dexter to go away for a rest.
Tulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2010, 01:41 AM   #221
Tulin
Vice Admiral

harrymckey wrote: View Post
Yeah - killing is okay.

Strange p.o.v.
Tulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2010, 02:29 AM   #222
det32
Ensign

hello new to the forum.. anyway here is what i think might happen.. season 5 is all a dream.. remember at the end of season 4 dex went to jail for reckless driving?? well i think he fell asleep in the cell do to lack of sleep and this(season 5) is what he thinks will happen if he lost Rita.. a couple reason why i think this

Astor is very disconnected from him.. dex not understand emotionless very well so he thinks she dislikes him.. witch is why he believes if he where to lose Rita he would lose the kids..

lumen - was raped just like Rita.. or just as damaged if you will dex fells closer to them b/c he think the see the monster and are ok with it..

towards the end of season 4 he keeps talking about how much he needs the kids and Rita.. and how close he keeps coming to losing them.

i think season 5 will end with Debra holding the gun at dex telling him to drop his tools.. he will go to jail and it will end there (and him waking up at the start of the 6th season)or that’s when he will wake up from his dram then end..

I know some will bring up how Trinity found out his really name and looked for where he lived.. But when he looked the name up all that came up was his apartment.. So he never found his house..

Or

Maybe he did get out of jail and this is a dram on the plane to meat rita..

I just have a strong feeling this is a dream.. i donno maybe i am crazy just seems like a interesting twist

What yall think?
det32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2010, 02:43 AM   #223
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

season 5 is all a dream..
I know I've threatened to throw my TV out the window many, many times, and still the TV is still safe and sound sitting on its little table, but man oh MAN, that would be the one thing to make good on my threat at long last.
Old December 12 2010, 05:13 AM   #224
det32
Ensign

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/406103...entertainment/

Last season Jennifer Carpenter (Deb) told us we'd need therapy after the finale and she was so right! Please tell me it won't be the same this year.
You won't need therapy this time. The finale is actually quite therapeutic. It's like therapy in and of itself.
another reason to believe it might be a dream..

also kind of side steeped any questions about lumen witch is to be expected but.. could be something
det32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2010, 09:18 AM   #225
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

^Except Dexter crashed his car at the start of last season, not the end of it. So unless most of the last 2 seasons has been a dream that's not going to happen.