Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old December 6 2010, 10:52 PM   #91
BigFoot
Admiral

Re: Castle: Season 3 (Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic) - Discussion & Spoi

If Nathan wants to sing on Castle, that works for me.

BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2010, 02:35 AM   #92
Worf2DS9
Writer

Finally! That two-week break seemed much longer!
+ Full Throttle Space Tales #3: Space Grunts - "Rush"
Worf2DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2010, 05:00 AM   #93
David cgc
Vice Admiral

That ending was awesome.
Old December 8 2010, 07:01 AM   #94
Data Holmes
Admiral

David cgc wrote: View Post
That ending was awesome.
Indeed... I hope they keep that bar set, making it a regular location in the future.

And as a scotch drinker, I would have loved to get a hold of one of those bottles. I totally was with Castle when that kid talked about mixing it with root beer.
Old December 8 2010, 02:39 PM   #95
Chris_Johnston
Captain

View Chris_Johnston's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Chris_Johnston Send a message via Yahoo to Chris_Johnston

David cgc wrote: View Post
That ending was awesome.
Sure was! It actually brought a tear to my eye.

Old December 8 2010, 04:20 PM   #96
Christopher
Writer

Data Holmes wrote: View Post
Indeed... I hope they keep that bar set, making it a regular location in the future.
Well, Castle bought the bar, didn't he? I doubt they would've included that plot point if they weren't setting up the bar as a recurring location.

Not sure I like the idea, though. Castle's already a mystery writer, a crimefighter, and a cool dad. Why does he need to be a bar owner as well? That risks shifting the focus too far away from Alexis and Martha. (Although with Alexis probably going off to college at the end of the season, maybe they're looking for something to replace the home-life focus with? Though I'm still hoping Alexis will decide to attend college in NYC, or become a police intern, or something.)

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2010, 07:57 PM   #97
Forbin
Admiral

Or perhaps an exotic dancer!
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2010, 08:22 PM   #98
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

Heh.

Kudos also for the latest in-context use of the "Rick's action theme" music, this time with Eddie the piano man tinkling it out when Castle and Beckett roll into the joint.

I'm in favor of them adding a new location, if anything as a haunt for the other cops to hang out in, in addition to Castle having his OWN place - after all, the precinct is Kate's place, and his apartment is really his mom and daughter's place. The bar opens up options for everyone to interact outside of their usual hangouts or wherever investigations occur, without having to come up with excuses for people from Castle's two "worlds" to show up at each other's places.

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2010, 08:26 PM   #99
Aragorn
Admiral

Alexis is going to be the ultimate big bad for the final season -- she learned from her father but took a path in the opposite direction. Her first kill was the guy who proposed to her grandmother but then "died."
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3 2011, 08:23 PM   #100
Aragorn
Admiral

On another board, some Firefly fanboy is complaining about a no-name with no resume like Laura Prepon landing the role instead of a big name superstar like... Jewel Staite? An argument he makes against Prepon is that she's only known for one thing.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3 2011, 08:41 PM   #101
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post

On another board, some Firefly fanboy is complaining about a no-name with no resume like Laura Prepon landing the role instead of a big name superstar like... Jewel Staite? An argument he makes against Prepon is that she's only known for one thing.
Okay, that's hilarious. Talk about fannish tunnel vision!
Old January 3 2011, 08:51 PM   #102
Christopher
Writer

Well, Jewel Staite is known for Space Cases and Stargate Atlantis as well as Firefly. But that's still short of superstar status.

Still, Staite is an odd suggestion for Nikki Heat. If you were limiting it to FF cast members, I'd think Morena Baccarin or Gina Torres would be more the direction to go.

I still think it would've been really wild if they'd actually made a feature film based on Heat Wave and had the real actress starring in the film guest-star as herself in this episode.

Old January 4 2011, 04:47 AM   #103
ancientone51
Rear Admiral

Oh my, we have the last act and wrap to go and I don't care who did it...I want to know what Becket is going to do about what she just saw.

Interesting it comes just after her line about "what's next steal my boyfriend..."

"What f*cking reincarnated royal bug did I step on to earn this?" - Per my insane daughter.
ancientone51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4 2011, 05:35 AM   #104
Christopher
Writer

This was a fun episode with a lot of laughs, but I was just not happy with the casting of this Laura Prepon person. She's statuesque, I'll give her that, but I don't like her face or voice, and I didn't think she was nearly as good a Beckett impersonator as the script claimed. And I certainly couldn't buy that she was as irresistibly sexy as the script claimed.

There was verisimilitude in the way the actress initially thought of Heat Wave only as a script and was barely aware of the book. Hollywood can be a pretty insular culture, and the people involved in making a movie have their own particular focuses. So sometimes if one producer at a studio acquires a book and commissions a movie script based on it, the other people who get hired to work on that movie, or the executives overseeing it for the studio, aren't necessarily even aware that it was based on a book. It's just the next script on their slate, and they're concerned with it as the project they're working on, not as the source it came from.

Was I the only one who barely noticed what was going on with the murder plot? The case of the week has rarely been so sidelined as it was here.

Old January 4 2011, 01:44 PM   #105
ancientone51
Rear Admiral

I agree, the muder was the B plot tonight.

Would it have been as much fun if the angle was an actress who llloovvveeed the book, and had gotten the option on it? I think it was cool the way he got shuffled off to the side at first.

While it is true many actors only look at the script, I like that she did read the book. Actually going for Castle was a bit much for research, but it could happen.

"What f*cking reincarnated royal bug did I step on to earn this?" - Per my insane daughter.
ancientone51 is offline   Reply With Quote