RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,730
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 978
Newest member: DeimosAnimus

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old December 6 2010, 09:00 AM   #196
Aragorn
Admiral

Re: DEXTER Season 5 Discussion & Spoilers

Booo!!!! Season finale preview gave away too much!
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2010, 10:34 AM   #197
Harvey
Admiral

The DEXTER previews always give away too much. I swear, I have to rush to the remote to turn off the TV before they come on every time. It was bad enough that the episode where Trinity figured out Dexter's true identity in the very end was called "Hello, Dexter Morgan," but the preview was worse -- it actually showed the scene, the very last one of the episode!

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2010, 01:27 PM   #198
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain

I'm finding Season 5 mostly disappointing. It doesn't have the zing of the past four seasons. Jordan Chase is a creepy and dangerous enough antagonist but most of the other storylines this season have been predictable and ended with more whimpers than bangs except the Dexter/Lumen relationship which outcome has me curious.
Joe Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2010, 01:38 PM   #199
Jax
Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland

Nerdius Maximus wrote: View Post
And now to add insult to injury, the season finale won't be on for two more weeks. I wish I had the self-control to just wait until the season was over and watch them all at once.
According to TV guide I checked out, Dexter finale is next week not 2 weeks ?

Loved the episode and I do like how Dexter always ramps up the story bigtime near the end of a season. That promo was fantastic too and I know some people might think it gives too much away but I think they get it quite balanced plus they always build in tons of mis-direction in them.
Glengarry Glen Ross (B-) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (B+) Dark Skies (B-) Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (B-) Gravity (C+) Captain Phillips (B) Now You See Me (B) Escape Plan (B-) Captain America: The Winter Soldier (B+)
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2010, 05:02 PM   #200
LitmusDragon
Commodore

I wonder if that scene will play out like it seemed to in the preview. Maybe they're just messing with us.

Good episode last night, this season has gotten a lot better towards the end.
Old December 6 2010, 07:27 PM   #201
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Then again, it's just about the least surprising twist this show has ever done. I've been expecting that since last season. I think that particular scene is mis-direction (Dex was just making dinner!) but something along those lines will occur in any case.

I just hope they don't kill Lumen next week. Doesn't seem like her story w/Dex is remotely over. Either she's on the run or in prison.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2010, 07:55 PM   #202
Marten
Captain

Wikipedia says next week, as well.
Marten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2010, 08:09 PM   #203
BigFoot
Admiral

^ So does tv.com.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2010, 08:33 PM   #204
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

From the TWOP Recap of last weeks episode (concerning Jordan Chase):
You're about to get a faceload of some pissed off Deb flying across that desk if you don't watch it, Trainspotting.
OMFG, I can't believe I'm just getting that right now.
Trainspotting is one of my favourite movies, but I seriously did not recognise the actor until I read that.

Also, that Cat is real, apparently:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPWaQKuqENU
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6 2010, 11:01 PM   #205
Jack Bauer
Fleet Admiral

I wonder if Deb finds out about Dexter completely or does she just find out about his involvement with Lumen and killing her tormentors? The conversation she had with Dexter about her vigilante theory and why someone would help the victim out in taking revenge may be foreshadowing of Deb just finding out about Dexter's role in the Barrel Girls case. Then they can drag the "Will Deb find out" thread for another season and have wonder about Dexter into next season.
Old December 7 2010, 12:17 AM   #206
Ensign_Redshirt
Commodore

"No, just a cat that hiccups and farts at the same time..."
Ensign_Redshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2010, 01:24 AM   #207
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Jolly Good Bauer wrote: View Post
I wonder if Deb finds out about Dexter completely or does she just find out about his involvement with Lumen and killing her tormentors? The conversation she had with Dexter about her vigilante theory and why someone would help the victim out in taking revenge may be foreshadowing of Deb just finding out about Dexter's role in the Barrel Girls case. Then they can drag the "Will Deb find out" thread for another season and have wonder about Dexter into next season.
I'll bet that's it. She's primed to accept that level of badness from Dex, but finding out that Dex let Doakes take the fall for the BHB and all the rest is a bit too much. Now. But if she accepts one revelation, what will be the point at which she says too much?
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2010, 12:15 PM   #208
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

Changed my mind back, putting Dexter and Lumen together romantically was a bad idea, at least with the direction they chose to take it. Their whole shtick this episode basically devolved down to how much they lurrrrve each other (including Deb coming up with a wild theory about vigilante couples which is true only by the virtue of unsubtle writing). On top of not being very interesting to watch, it just telegraphed how much Lumen wouldn't be back next year. Or if she is, it'll be in a very limited capacity.

I hope it's at the least just a case of being a setup episode for a fantastic season finale but this still wasn't an ep up to the standard of the last few IMO.
Old December 8 2010, 02:30 AM   #209
Harvey
Admiral

I hope the writers are setting up false expectations, and Lumen will be back full-time next year. If they're setting her up for death, they telegraphed it with the subtlety of repeatedly punching me in the face in last night's episode.

Also, Peter Weller sure was offed rather quickly. It's a good thing Dexter is only suspected by crazy people. If Weller had just called the police, who knows what would have happened.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2010, 02:37 AM   #210
MichaelDornFan
Lieutenant Commander

Weller was probably my favorite part of the season. Shame his demise was so quick and undramatic.

Jordan Chase capturing Lumen was also a bit of a bore, and Emily's death was so random and uninteresting. What happened to gripping dialogue of the first couple seasons?
MichaelDornFan is offline   Reply With Quote