Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old November 29 2010, 03:23 AM   #676
acappellasaurus
Fleet Captain

Re: What games are you playing currently?

Playing COD: Black Ops on XBOX 360. Also just got the Kinect accessory, and am having fun with the family playing Dance Central and Kinect Adventures. My wife is using the YourShape Fitness Evolved game, and says it is loads better than anything on the Wii. She likes the freedom from a controller and balance board. The kids love Kinectimals too, and find it super easy to use.

Not thrilled about the lack of Netflix support, but I figure it's coming. Have used the video chat to talk to the in-laws in another state, and we really like not having to clamor around the small laptop screen and camera.
acappellasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2010, 12:31 PM   #677
SPCTRE
BATMANBATMANBATMAN

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

^ Sounds like your family fits right into the target audience

Still re-playing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - about 70 hours in, so this playthrough should last another 50 hours or so. Probably a lot more though, as I haven't spend much time on exploring yet.
Old November 29 2010, 06:46 PM   #678
judge alba
senior street judge

just got given 'naughty' bear' on the ps3. going to give it a go once i've cleaned out my ps3
Firm as a mountain.
Strike as powerful as thunder.
judge alba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2010, 07:33 PM   #679
Jono
Rear Admiral

Just about finished with another run through MechCommander 2 and half way through Evil Genius.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2010, 07:54 PM   #680
Robert Maxwell
beep

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

MechCommander 2 is a lot of fun. I wish they'd make another one.
Old November 30 2010, 06:35 AM   #681
donners22
Commodore

Playing Recettear, which I got as part of the Indi Story Pack at the Steam sale. This game alone was worth the $5. Quirky humour and an original concept.

Rather challenging and frustrating in its own way, though.
Janeway: Ha! Good one, Ensign. Take us in, Mr. Paris.

http://www.fiveminute.net/voyager
donners22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2010, 11:43 PM   #682
Jax
Admiral

Near end of Fallout 3 main story but I hear Broken Steel DLC is set after the main story...

Does this mean I can carry on doing side quests (picking up new oens as I go) and other DLC after?
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 1 2010, 02:53 AM   #683
Servo
Rear Admiral

Jax wrote: View Post
Near end of Fallout 3 main story but I hear Broken Steel DLC is set after the main story...

Does this mean I can carry on doing side quests (picking up new oens as I go) and other DLC after?
If you complete the story without BS installed, the game ends. You then have to install the DLC and reload your last save, which may mean doing some (or all) of the final mission again.

If you already have it installed when you finish the story, you wake up 2 weeks after the end of the final quest, and you have the entire wasteland open to you, to continue exploring and looking for side quests. You'll also then be able to start the BS missions whenever you want.

The other four DLC will just open up new locations, to give you access to them, as and when you install them.
Old December 1 2010, 03:55 AM   #684
Jax
Admiral

^ Cheers

Am itching to finish the story off

I assume thats near the end of the game so after that since I have all the DLC installed, I will do all the DLC and any other sidequests I can find + explore rest of map.

I will probably play it a 2nd time in 2011, need a break before I do a 2nd more evil playthrough. I will also pick up New vegas between Spring & summer because it looks like it needs patching between then and now.

Fallout 4 please hurry
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Old December 1 2010, 12:31 PM   #685
Servo
Rear Admiral

Jax wrote: View Post
I will also pick up New vegas between Spring & summer because it looks like it needs patching between then and now.
I'm 45 hours into my first NV playthrough, and the only problem I've encountered is the occasional game freeze. No game-breaking glitches (or minor glitches, actually) to report. Touch wood.
Old December 1 2010, 10:48 PM   #686
Skywalker
Admiral

Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Both it and Medal of Honor were on sale a couple days ago, but I decided to go with BC2 since I played BC1 a couple years ago, and since MoH has been getting some pretty mediocre reviews.
Skywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2010, 12:59 AM   #687
Jax
Admiral

Started DLC point lookout on Fallout 3, wish I read forums first at the warning about how a bunch on inbred redneck yokels can cause me major damage with a simple shotgun despite top of the line armour and withstand a brutal beating with my weaponary that takes down super mutants in mere seconds.

Might do other DLC and come back to that one last since its open ended and not a focus mission plot.

Last edited by A JaxMas Carol; December 2 2010 at 02:29 AM.
Old December 2 2010, 01:33 AM   #688
Servo
Rear Admiral

The Lever-Action Rifle is your best friend. Point Lookout is fucking brilliant.
Old December 2 2010, 03:18 AM   #689
Mr Light
Admiral

So, having run out of my A games, I started something I got for $5 at Target on clearance... Star Wars Clone Wars Republic Heroes. It's not terrible but it's not great either. I can't stand how damn tiny the characters are on the screen. It does have 40 missions though so at least I'm getting my money's worth. But they're short, I think I've done 10-15 in just a few hours.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2010, 11:42 PM   #690
Niorah
Fleet Admiral

View Niorah's Twitter Profile

I've been playing Forza Motorsport 3 this afternoon. I really enjoy it.