Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old November 16 2010, 02:27 PM   #91
Mr Light
Admiral

Re: Fallout: New Vegas

OK, it got worse. Now the Strip entrance is locked and the only way I can enter the Strip is by warping to Fort McClaren, walking ALLLLL the way to the building, loading screen, walk ALLLL the way up the stairs to the far corner, loading screen, get on the monorail, loading screen, and then I'm there. Why

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2010, 02:45 AM   #92
Mr Light
Admiral

I finished the game. I was playing on the NCR side, but I also installed Yes Man as the new head of Vegas. I was very disappointed that the Vegas/House/Yes Man story ended up having nothing to do with the finale at Hoover Dam. I assumed that the finale would be on the Strip since it's this huge location you take forever to get into with all those loading screens. But there was never any action there. It's like there were two completely separate main missions that never touched each other. I was hoping Yes Man's Securitrons would show up to help at Hoover Dam.

Old November 18 2010, 02:54 AM   #93
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Don't all the stories end up at the Dam?

Also, there's a glitch that locks the doors to Vegas for some reason. You can kill one of the securitrons and steal the gate key though.

And they announced the first DLC pack today - comes out December 21st... just in time for the holidays?

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2010, 03:54 AM   #94
Mr Light
Admiral

Yeah, solving the monorail sabotage mission appeared to have locked the Strip entrance. BUT I went back later and it worked again.

But the worst bug I had? I had two companions, and at some point, I dunno when, they disappeared. Got stuck on an object or something I guess. So I was without my backup for many many hours. And when I tried to recruit a new companion they said you already have a companion.

Then, when I initiated the final mission, my companions finally respawned with me! I was so delighted! Naturally they got stuck on a flight of stairs five minutes later and never moved again and I had to finish the game without them.

Old November 18 2010, 06:32 AM   #95
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

there is also a glitch that turns companions permanantly into the "passive mode, they won't move or fight
No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2010, 08:26 PM   #96
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^So far and especially after reading all of these posts, I'm not regretting my decision to wait for the bargain bin edition.
Actually, given that Bethesda don't have a very good history of comprehensive patching, I may not even bother at all. I have to say I was a bit taken aback when I bought the GotY copy of Oblivion earlier this year to find some pretty obvious glitches had appararantly been left un-addressed since the original release.

Last edited by Reverend; November 18 2010 at 08:42 PM.
Reverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2010, 01:05 AM   #97
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

The thing is that the game is good, but like all single player games - if you don't have a need to play it now, you might as well just wait.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2010, 01:11 AM   #98
Mr Light
Admiral

Here's the bestest news of all! I paid $40 for it... and I just sold it on Amazon for $48!!!

Old November 22 2010, 08:09 PM   #99
Assimilated Tom
Vice Admiral

I think the extent of the bugginess has been overstated.

I've finished it with all four factions (2 characters, plus reverting to earlier saves), and the bugs have never stopped me cold. I once lost a companion and had to revert to a save that was an hour or two old. Really, just keep leapfrogging your saves every couple hours and you should be good.
Old November 23 2010, 02:35 AM   #100
Mr Light
Admiral

Yeah I didn't notice too many bugs either aside from losing my companions for many hours towards the end. Aside from that the only thing that happened was getting stuck in the terrain a few times.

Old November 26 2010, 01:18 PM   #101
Fencer
Fleet Captain

This has been doing the rounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szvFN6P9slg
Fencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2010, 01:27 PM   #102
Mr Light
Admiral

LOL, how the hell did they get the characters to do that?

Old November 26 2010, 01:58 PM   #103
Servo
Rear Admiral

Yeah, I saw that yesterday when it was linked to on the Fallout twitter feed. Funny video.

Mr Light wrote: View Post
LOL, how the hell did they get the characters to do that?
They used some kind of dance mod for the PC version. The name of it is in the credits at the end of the vid.
Old November 30 2010, 04:26 AM   #104
Demiurge
Vice Admiral

Fencer wrote: View Post
This has been doing the rounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szvFN6P9slg
LOL, that made my night, thanks!

Personally, I finished without any major hiccups, I think I froze twice in 75 hours of game play.

Loved the story. I thought it was a clear upgrade over FO3, without the shitty ending that demanded you buy a DLC to get the taste out of your mouth.

Going to go back to resolve some of the companion quests that I didn't get to the first time.

Looking forward to some DLC's, but so far they are only releasing them on XBOX, which is diappointing.
Demiurge is offline   Reply With Quote