RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,751
Posts: 5,216,047
Members: 24,215
Currently online: 823
Newest member: SF Junkie

TrekToday headlines

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

New X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Nimoy to Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Star Trek Special: Flesh and Stone Comic
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

These Are The Voyages TOS Season Two Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 20 2010, 07:44 AM   #31
Vektor
Rear Admiral
 
Vektor's Avatar
 
Location: Spokane, WA, USA
Re: Design the Next Enterprise

The last thing I need to do is add another project to my plate, but I may not be able to resist taking a shot at this one. Maybe I could recycle my Titan concept since I never actually submitted it for that contest. Hmm...
__________________
www.vektorvisual.com
Vektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2010, 07:52 AM   #32
Tom Riley
Commodore
 
Tom Riley's Avatar
 
Location: Somewhere... out there...
View Tom Riley's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Tom Riley Send a message via Yahoo to Tom Riley
Re: Design the Next Enterprise

We're setting up a spceial tool for you to submit your designs, and it'll appear December 9, 2010. Be sure to check back in for your chance to Design the Next Enterprise!
^ Straight from http://www.startrekonline.com/enterprise


When they say "spceial (special) tool" do they mean something to upload files or something to create designs with... I mean, otherwise we'd need to have and know how to use 3D software which I'm sure most people don't have. Or I suppose draw something out in Illustrator or Paint, but unless you're really good I don't think it'd really stand a chance.
Tom Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2010, 07:58 AM   #33
lennier1
Commodore
 
lennier1's Avatar
 
Location: Germany
Re: Design the Next Enterprise

Tom Riley wrote: View Post
We're setting up a spceial tool for you to submit your designs, and it'll appear December 9, 2010. Be sure to check back in for your chance to Design the Next Enterprise!
^ Straight from http://www.startrekonline.com/enterprise


When they say "spceial (special) tool" do they mean something to upload files or something to create designs with... I mean, otherwise we'd need to have and know how to use 3D software which I'm sure most people don't have. Or I suppose draw something out in Illustrator or Paint, but unless you're really good I don't think it'd really stand a chance.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Look at Rick Sternbach. The man achieves better results with a pen and paper than most people do with 3D software that costs several thousand dollars.
__________________
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2010, 08:06 AM   #34
Captain Robert April
Vice Admiral
 
Location: In selfless service to fandom, on the road to becoming a Star Trek trivia god...
Re: Design the Next Enterprise

I might just take a run at this...
Captain Robert April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2010, 08:06 AM   #35
Tom Riley
Commodore
 
Tom Riley's Avatar
 
Location: Somewhere... out there...
View Tom Riley's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Tom Riley Send a message via Yahoo to Tom Riley
Re: Design the Next Enterprise

lennier1 wrote: View Post
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Look at Rick Sternbach. The man achieves better results with a pen and paper than most people do with 3D software that costs several thousand dollars.
But that falls under the "really good" category. I'm looking at this from an average person's point of view.
Tom Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2010, 12:31 PM   #36
Saquist
Commodore
 
Location: Starbase Houston
Re: Design the Next Enterprise

Herkimer Jitty wrote: View Post
Apparently anyone can submit a design.

The winner will probably be the one with the design that meshes most with STO's... art direction. Urgh.
You know I was going to enter until you said that.
Saquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2010, 09:37 PM   #37
Ptrope
Agitator
 
Ptrope's Avatar
 
Location: USA
Re: Design the Next Enterprise

We're setting up a spceial tool for you to submit your designs
What, pray tell, is a "spceial" tool? Is it a new kind of spellchecker so that none of the submitted names are readable?
__________________
Star Trek: Reanimated - it's more than just a cartoon!
Ptrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2010, 09:41 PM   #38
Belisarius
Captain
 
Belisarius's Avatar
 
Location: West Coast, USA
Re: Design the Next Enterprise

I just hope "special" doesn't equate to 4th-grade-reading-level-age-appropriate-E-for-everyone-mamby-pamby-über-retardedness.




~Belisarius

---------------------------
"All life is struggle, from first breath to last."
- Anonymous
Belisarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2010, 11:42 PM   #39
sojourner
Vice Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: Design the Next Enterprise

I am guessing it's an upload tool, not any kind of art tool.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2010, 06:33 PM   #40
erifah
Commander
 
erifah's Avatar
 
Re: Design the Next Enterprise

Saquist wrote: View Post
Herkimer Jitty wrote: View Post
Apparently anyone can submit a design.

The winner will probably be the one with the design that meshes most with STO's... art direction. Urgh.
You know I was going to enter until you said that.
Well, that should be the irresistible challenge to you, as an artist, then - create something magnificent within the rules of the game...
erifah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2010, 09:49 PM   #41
Saquist
Commodore
 
Location: Starbase Houston
Re: Design the Next Enterprise

erifah wrote: View Post
Saquist wrote: View Post
Herkimer Jitty wrote: View Post
Apparently anyone can submit a design.

The winner will probably be the one with the design that meshes most with STO's... art direction. Urgh.
You know I was going to enter until you said that.
Well, that should be the irresistible challenge to you, as an artist, then - create something magnificent within the rules of the game...

yeah....I know...but I can't stand STO.
I'll likely just do what ever I want and if they like then they like it.
Saquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2010, 07:45 AM   #42
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral
 
Herkimer Jitty's Avatar
 
Location: Dayglow, New California Republic
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty
Re: Design the Next Enterprise

erifah wrote: View Post
Saquist wrote: View Post
Herkimer Jitty wrote: View Post
Apparently anyone can submit a design.

The winner will probably be the one with the design that meshes most with STO's... art direction. Urgh.
You know I was going to enter until you said that.
Well, that should be the irresistible challenge to you, as an artist, then - create something magnificent within the rules of the game...
Have I ever told you that I love you?

Because I do.
__________________
"I've eaten breakfast cereals tougher than you! For reference, they were the ones with little marshmellows in them."
Herkimer Jitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2010, 03:14 PM   #43
Blip
Fleet Captain
 
Blip's Avatar
 
Location: Deck 13, section 21-Alpha
Re: Design the Next Enterprise

Vektor wrote: View Post
The last thing I need to do is add another project to my plate, but I may not be able to resist taking a shot at this one. Maybe I could recycle my Titan concept since I never actually submitted it for that contest. Hmm...
Nevermind the rest of your projects, I LOVED that Titan design!
FWIW, you'd get my vote for sure.
__________________
For those determined to contort yourselves into knots so as to include every minor production flub as gospel, and shoehorn it into "cannnonnnnn": STOP. I don't have all day to waste on here; I quite like enjoying real life thankyouverymuch.
Blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2010, 04:37 PM   #44
Vektor
Rear Admiral
 
Vektor's Avatar
 
Location: Spokane, WA, USA
Re: Design the Next Enterprise

I've been mulling it over. My Titan design was a very sleek and organic shape, even more so than the Grandeur. Hard to say if it would fit with the general STO design aesthetic. Still, seems to me that an Enterprise ought to stand out from the crowd a bit.

I'll be giving it some more thought. In the mean time, I gotta get some Grandeur updates posted.
Vektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2010, 05:07 PM   #45
B.J.
Rear Admiral
 
B.J.'s Avatar
 
Location: Huntsville, AL, USA
Re: Design the Next Enterprise

It's been too long, so I don't remember exactly what your Titan design looked like! Got any pics online of it?
__________________
B.J. --- bj-o23.deviantart.com
B.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.