Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old November 19 2010, 10:18 PM   #631
Garrett
Vice Admiral

Re: What games are you playing currently?

I picked up Assassins's Creed Brotherhood tuesday and decided now would be a good time to finally get around to playing Assassins's Creed II. I'm on DNA sequence 4, I think. So far, it's a lot of fun. Definitely less repetitive than the first one. And I like the approach to upgrades in this one.

Besides that, I'm mostly playing Black Ops and Kinect stuff. I picked up EA Active Sports 2 on Tuesday, which has been mostly good. There are still some motion detection issues, but not nearly as many as I encountered with the first one on the Wii.
Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2010, 05:04 AM   #632
Jax
Admiral

Garrett wrote: View Post
I picked up Assassins's Creed Brotherhood tuesday and decided now would be a good time to finally get around to playing Assassins's Creed II. I'm on DNA sequence 4, I think. So far, it's a lot of fun. Definitely less repetitive than the first one. And I like the approach to upgrades in this one.
Creed 2 is a very impressive game though it feels like seemed to have less assassinations than the first one.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2010, 11:13 PM   #633
Lonemagpie
Writer

Trying to get the willpower to complete Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty, which may well be the worst 360 game I've got, and praying that the one pristine controller I've got will survive the experience, after I hurl it violently at the wall in a screaming rage (even though this is supposed to be how I relax!) every ten minutes because 1) the game is so buggy and glitched that it tends to spawn enemies in a room just *after* I've entered, so I get shot by an enemy that isn't spawned yet, and 2) the checkpointing is fucking diabolical, sending me back at least ten or fifteen minutes' worth of sub-PS2/GC animation and textures every fucking time that happens.

And it doesn't help that basically it's a knock-off of the vastly underrated squad-based shooter Freedom Fighters, but with graphics that have stepped *backwards* instead of up a generation. Seriously, this fucking turd wouldn't look out of place on the N64.

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2010, 11:28 PM   #634
Geck
Rear Admiral

Just started the first Assassin's Creed for PS3, and FF IV on DS.
Geck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2010, 05:39 AM   #635
Mr Light
Admiral

Holy crap I almost threw away AssCBro in disgust on my first fight with a Borgia Captain. I only had to fight him ten goddamn times before I could kill him. He's surrounded by ten guys and you have to swipe him about twenty times. Christ. Apparently you were supposed to throw him into a fence or something which I didn't know until after the fact and it said mission failed 'cause I guess I wasn't reading the screen when the mission initiated.

But once I got past that the game got playable again

Mr Light is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2010, 05:41 AM   #636
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Sometime within the next week or so, I plan on starting BioShock. Yes, the first one. Yes, I know I'm way late to the party.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2010, 10:08 AM   #637
Lunarflower
Lieutenant Commander

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Holy crap I almost threw away AssCBro in disgust on my first fight with a Borgia Captain. I only had to fight him ten goddamn times before I could kill him. He's surrounded by ten guys and you have to swipe him about twenty times. Christ. Apparently you were supposed to throw him into a fence or something which I didn't know until after the fact and it said mission failed 'cause I guess I wasn't reading the screen when the mission initiated.

But once I got past that the game got playable again
Yeah they can be annoying. Though after getting my group of assassins going, and getting the ability to rain arrows down on unsuspecting guards. I took out one Borgia Captain without any difficulty.
Lunarflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2010, 12:02 PM   #638
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Trying to get the willpower to complete Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty, which may well be the worst 360 game I've got, and praying that the one pristine controller I've got will survive the experience, after I hurl it violently at the wall in a screaming rage (even though this is supposed to be how I relax!) every ten minutes because 1) the game is so buggy and glitched that it tends to spawn enemies in a room just *after* I've entered, so I get shot by an enemy that isn't spawned yet, and 2) the checkpointing is fucking diabolical, sending me back at least ten or fifteen minutes' worth of sub-PS2/GC animation and textures every fucking time that happens.

And it doesn't help that basically it's a knock-off of the vastly underrated squad-based shooter Freedom Fighters, but with graphics that have stepped *backwards* instead of up a generation. Seriously, this fucking turd wouldn't look out of place on the N64.
Yeah i bought this for the PS3, loaded up the first level and thought they had sold me a PS2 game which was running via backward compatibility, i did not get past the first level plus add to that codemaster lack of trophy support in their PS3 games and its been sitting on the shelf every since....now that you have reminded me i will dig it out with a few more and trade it in.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2010, 01:31 PM   #639
Lonemagpie
Writer

Haggis and tatties wrote: View Post

Yeah i bought this for the PS3, loaded up the first level and thought they had sold me a PS2 game which was running via backward compatibility, i did not get past the first level plus add to that codemaster lack of trophy support in their PS3 games and its been sitting on the shelf every since....now that you have reminded me i will dig it out with a few more and trade it in.
I'm actually on something like the penultimate level, so I'm not sure I want to give up on it with so little to go...

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2010, 04:30 PM   #640
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

^^If you have had the resolve to stick it this far go for it bud.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2010, 05:34 PM   #641
RoJoHen
Awesome

I just bought "Aliens vs. Predator" because it was on sale, and I intend to start playing today.
Old November 21 2010, 06:16 PM   #642
BigFoot
Admiral

I beat Bad Company 2 last night. And I'm still having fun playing AC: Brotherhood.

My copies of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and Gran Turismo 5 have also been shipped already, so hopefully I'll get those soon.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2010, 10:20 AM   #643
moni2010
Cadet

View moni2010's Twitter Profile

Recently i am playing World of warcraft and Guild wars...
moni2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2010, 01:15 PM   #644
Servo
Rear Admiral

My life is currently being swallowed up by CoD: Black Ops, and Fallout: New Vegas. There just aren't enough hours in the day.
Old November 22 2010, 07:36 PM   #645
Jax
Admiral

I've loss the amount of hours I've put into FALLOUT 3 and i'm probably half way through at best. God knows how much time I am going to lose playing New Vegas when I pick it up in 2011.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote