Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old November 11 2010, 09:58 AM   #601
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

Re: What games are you playing currently?

Quantum of solace, trying to get that plat trophy, done all the game single player trophies now just the online ones which are always a pain.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2010, 09:05 PM   #602
Garrett
Vice Admiral

SPCTRE wrote: View Post
Damn you for reminding me of Halo 1 for Mac, now I'll have to buy that as well even though I don't own any Apple products

Well, as for what's wrong with the port... oh boy. Where do I start?

- Gamepad users automatically get a certain amount of auto-aim
- Mouse/Keyboard users are unable to comfortably increase mouse sensitivity (even the highest setting feels way too low if you want to play hi-sense)
- In-game menus keep prompting you to press the "A" or "B" Xbox controller buttons
- Framerate issues keep cropping up even on powerful systems

And don't get me started on Games for Windows LIVE/Xbox LIVE integration (though to be fair, strictly speaking that's not a console-to-PC port issue).
The LIVE integration is probably what annoyed me the most about playing Halo 2 on the PC. Perhaps it would have been less annoying if I didn't care about getting the achievements, but I ended up having to replay a lot of the game every time my progress got out of sync with where LIVE thought I should be.

I haven't played any other LIVE supported games on my PC, so I'm not sure how common that sort of thing is.

I've mostly been playing Fallout New Vegas lately. The main story hasn't really grabbed me so far, but I'm finding I'm enjoying this game even more than Fallout 3 so far. Especially with not having the repetitive Metro locations, and the faction rep. I always intend to play these sorts of games over with another character but never do. With rep and having more quests available to only one side or another, I might actually do it this time. Crafting is pretty cool, but I haven't done much of it.

I'm taking a small break from it to finish some of the others I'd been working on previously, like Medal of Honor. I might finally get around to finishing the Modern Warfare campaign finally.

I also got a Kinect this week, which has been a lot of fun. I got it with Kinect Sports, which is still unopened, and Your Shape: Fitness Evolved. I was pretty excited for the latter since my original intent for picking up the Kinect was to get more exercise (and without spending a large portion of my time trying to get it to detect my movements properly like always happens when I use EA Active Sports on the Wii), but I've been finding I'm playing Kinect Adventures a lot more.

Your Shape also seems to not be reading me as accurately as Adventures (or Adventures isn't as picky?) I'm not sure if it's the Kinect, the game or what. The first time I tried it, it cut off my feet. The second time, it read my feet, but cut off the top of my head. It wasn't really an issue where you just follow along with the AI instructor movements, but it did make playing some of the games a little difficult where you have to kick or step on the right area. I'm hoping EA Active Sports 2 will be better.

I'm not sure how great the Kinect will be long term, but I'm having a blast with it so far. I even ordered Dance Central, which I never thought I would do.
Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2010, 09:11 PM   #603
John Clark
Commodore

Put me down as another one who (at least initially) had issues with Halo 2 pc and Live. I think it was more the Halo side in this case as I had used Live before. Halo just didn't recognize that Live was there.
Old November 11 2010, 11:55 PM   #604
Kirkman1987
Commodore

Right now I'm playing the wiimake of Goldeneye, Castlevania Rondo of Blood, and The Wii release of The Dragon's Lair Trilogy (the nostalgia is immense).
Kirkman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2010, 06:46 PM   #605
BigFoot
Admiral

I finished Enslaved earlier today. I gotta say I really enjoyed it. Now I'm deciding whether I wanna go for the Platinum trophy or not.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2010, 06:59 PM   #606
Lor'Vela
Captain

Birth of the Federation, or rather a modded version of it.
Old November 13 2010, 09:41 PM   #607
Niorah
Fleet Admiral

View Niorah's Twitter Profile

Today I started on Fallout New Vegas.

So far so good.
Old November 14 2010, 04:37 AM   #608
Brandonv
Fleet Captain

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer(PC)
FEAR 2: Project Origin (PC)
Brandonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2010, 08:38 PM   #609
stalin2005
Lieutenant Commander

View stalin2005's Twitter Profile

After finishing Fable 2 (a bit meh) I've now started on Far Cry 2. This is the third time I've started the game and only now am I enjoying it. An open world fps set in Africa is apparently what I was looking for...
Old November 15 2010, 10:24 PM   #610
Lonemagpie
Writer

stalin2005 wrote: View Post
After finishing Fable 2 (a bit meh) I've now started on Far Cry 2. This is the third time I've started the game and only now am I enjoying it. An open world fps set in Africa is apparently what I was looking for...
If this is the 360 version, be aware of a bug that can corrupt your save game, though there is a patch for it.

Regardless of version, here's a tip if you want to look at it:

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2010, 10:40 PM   #611
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes (DS)
Rune Factory 3 (DS)
Minecraft (PC)
Old November 17 2010, 07:21 PM   #612
Lor'Vela
Captain

I couldn't be bothered to finish my last game of BotF. The AI was incredibly feable and was just boring to keeping clicking the turn button when nothing happens.

Currently gone back to playing PoP 2008 again.
Old November 17 2010, 09:14 PM   #613
stalin2005
Lieutenant Commander

View stalin2005's Twitter Profile

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
stalin2005 wrote: View Post
If this is the 360 version, be aware of a bug that can corrupt your save game, though there is a patch for it.

Regardless of version, here's a tip if you want to look at it:

Thanks for the tips!
Old November 17 2010, 09:22 PM   #614
think
Rear Admiral

View think's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to think Send a message via AIM to think Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to think Send a message via Yahoo to think

st-online

I am waiting for season three now or series three what ever it is called .. holodecks on the computer and such LOL
Old November 17 2010, 11:14 PM   #615
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

ST: Legacy for the 360, I beat it a while back, I just do the couple skirmishes now.

The Orange Box: Portal/Half Life 2 also for the 360, gearing up for Portal 2.

Smackdown! vs. RAW 2011 (360)