Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old October 28 2010, 12:11 AM   #121
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Re: My Janeway costume

firecrackerrrr wrote: View Post
KingDaniel wrote: View Post
^Looking forward to seeing it!

I guess it's way too late to make a bloody, severed Chakotay head for Zombie Janeway to carry around?
You shouldn't have said that cause now I want to take Robert Beltran hostage, put him to sleep Dexter style and drag him down the street right behind me. I have a terrible sense of humour sorry

I just bought contacts for my costume. My face will be covered in scars almost Phage style. Can't wait. Here's the Zombie-ish contacts. Cost me a freakin arm and a leg but so worth it.

I'm astigmatic so I was expecting them to be extremely uncomfortable but they're actually WAY more comfy than Acuvue's
Sexy Vampire Firecrackerrrr!

Good luck getting zombified and "Phaged". If it all goes horribly wrong (it won't!), grab some fangs, splash some blood and be Vampire Janeway.
Old October 28 2010, 02:14 AM   #122
Jetfire

Vampire Janeway! FTW!!!
Old October 28 2010, 07:41 AM   #123
retrogradeloop
Captain

View retrogradeloop's Twitter Profile

I'm glad you didn't go with the corset, just because I think that beautiful costume deserves to debut all on its own.

If you still want a bun, can't you get, what do they call it, a rat? I think that's how Victorian ladies did it half the time, anyway. And I wore contacts an awfully long time ago, but I seem to remember something about being very careful around toxic/irritating fumes-- that they can trap/concentrate them, or something?
Old October 28 2010, 09:13 PM   #124
froot
Fleet Captain

Oh please tell us we'll see final pictures! I wanted to be zombie!Janeway so badly this year I was further disappointed/jealous when I saw a whole away team of TOS zombies at the pub crawl, complete with dead redshirts! bawwwwww

Those contacts look fantastico. And agreed on the corset - it would make the bottom half of the square-cut uniform look kinda funny.

They make these little fake blood tablets you can bite to make your mouth/chin bloody. Dunno if that would be applicable.
froot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28 2010, 09:15 PM   #125
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

I just bought contacts for my costume. My face will be covered in scars almost Phage style. Can't wait. Here's the Zombie-ish contacts. Cost me a freakin arm and a leg but so worth it.

Damn, I can't quite put my finger on it, but those contacts creep the hell out of me.
Old October 28 2010, 10:29 PM   #126
firecrackerrrr
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to firecrackerrrr

retrogradeloupgarou wrote: View Post
I'm glad you didn't go with the corset, just because I think that beautiful costume deserves to debut all on its own.

If you still want a bun, can't you get, what do they call it, a rat? I think that's how Victorian ladies did it half the time, anyway. And I wore contacts an awfully long time ago, but I seem to remember something about being very careful around toxic/irritating fumes-- that they can trap/concentrate them, or something?
I know but it won't work on my hair. It's too short and I've decided to go with a messy bob anyway. I would totally do it if I had my long hair from A MONTH AGO urgh. I like the new 'do but I should've kept it for another month.

froot wrote: View Post
Oh please tell us we'll see final pictures! I wanted to be zombie!Janeway so badly this year I was further disappointed/jealous when I saw a whole away team of TOS zombies at the pub crawl, complete with dead redshirts! bawwwwww

Those contacts look fantastico. And agreed on the corset - it would make the bottom half of the square-cut uniform look kinda funny.

They make these little fake blood tablets you can bite to make your mouth/chin bloody. Dunno if that would be applicable.
Of course! I'll definitely take photos of that whole night. It'll be pretty damn crazy. I bought so many extra supplies. Also last night I put the contacts in and kept them in for 6 hours. I needed to make sure my eyes won't get irritated. I didn't even feel them, they're fantastic! I'm so damn excited

SPCTRE wrote: View Post
Damn, I can't quite put my finger on it, but those contacts creep the hell out of me.
Mwahahhahahah I went to my friends' place and we were pumpkin carving. Actually read that as: *I* was carving everyone's pumpkins cause everyone was afraid to mess it up. I've never done it before either!!! Urgh. Anyway, so I stayed inside carving while my friends went outside to decorate the porch/roof/stairs. When I decided to take a break I looked out the window and I swear everyone screamed, it was hilarious. No one was able to actually look me in the eyes while talking to me which is pretty lame. It's really not that bad is it?

lol sorry I get extremely excited around Halloween time
Old October 28 2010, 10:48 PM   #127
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

wahahhahahah I went to my friends' place and we were pumpkin carving. Actually read that as: *I* was carving everyone's pumpkins cause everyone was afraid to mess it up. I've never done it before either!!! Urgh. Anyway, so I stayed inside carving while my friends went outside to decorate the porch/roof/stairs. When I decided to take a break I looked out the window and I swear everyone screamed, it was hilarious. No one was able to actually look me in the eyes while talking to me which is pretty lame. It's really not that bad is it?

lol sorry I get extremely excited around Halloween time

To quote some Firefly: "See, morbid and creepifying, I got no problem with, long as she does it without those contacts."
Old October 28 2010, 10:58 PM   #128
Jetfire

firecrackerrrr...you are just too awesome.
Old October 29 2010, 01:00 AM   #129
xffan_2000
Ensign

I finally finished sewing it. It was suuuuch a pain. I thought it'd be simple to sew. The gray shirt wasn't so bad but the jumpsuit took forever. The pips are a bit bigger than I like as well.

Also my hair....obviously I won't have this messy hair for Halloween but I'd really love to do the ~space bun~. I'm just not sure if that's possible with my hair-length. Any suggestions? If it's not doable I'll just go with the Janeway bob.

ETA: I noticed my hair looks like I have a mullet in this. I promise you I don't.

I'm a bit late to this thread, but I wanted to say: very good job on the costume! I'm always pleased to see people that make their own Trek costumes. Each year I see numerous poor-quality, off-the-rack Trek costumes at DragonCon and it makes me sad. Trek has such potential for great costuming. It's great that you took the time to sew up your own!

I, too, made a Janeway costume. (Got my pic with Mulgrew last year and Beltran this year. ) I also have several other Trek costumes that I've made: Dr. Crusher, Troi's blue dress and first season Yar. I also made my husband's Riker costume. I'd have to say that the Troi dress and Yar costumes were the most difficult to put together. This year's DragonCon costume goal: TWOK red uniform.
xffan_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2010, 01:05 AM   #130
iguana_tonante
Admiral

No one was able to actually look me in the eyes while talking to me which is pretty lame.
I've heard it's a pretty common experience for the ladies.
Old October 29 2010, 02:28 AM   #131
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Man's impossible quest to discover a woman who's eye balls are more titillating than the faint impression through fabric a nipple makes as if its trying to rise up and surface.

Men are stupid.

This is how you correct such ass backward priorities.

"Honey, don't nipples remind you of really large pimples? I mean you don't want to squeeze them too hard or they'll explode puss every where."

Say the above enough and even the worst objectifiers will maintain eye contact like you're both gun fighting.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2010, 02:34 AM   #132
firecrackerrrr
Lieutenant Commander

xffan_2000 wrote: View Post

I'm a bit late to this thread, but I wanted to say: very good job on the costume! I'm always pleased to see people that make their own Trek costumes. Each year I see numerous poor-quality, off-the-rack Trek costumes at DragonCon and it makes me sad. Trek has such potential for great costuming. It's great that you took the time to sew up your own!

I, too, made a Janeway costume. (Got my pic with Mulgrew last year and Beltran this year. ) I also have several other Trek costumes that I've made: Dr. Crusher, Troi's blue dress and first season Yar. I also made my husband's Riker costume. I'd have to say that the Troi dress and Yar costumes were the most difficult to put together. This year's DragonCon costume goal: TWOK red uniform.
That's awesome! Do you have any photos of those uniforms? I went to the Calgary Con this year and saw some absolutely horrendous, ill-fitting costumes. I thought about buying a Voyager costume but when I saw how poorly done it was, I decided against it. So much more fun sewing it too!

iguana_terrificante wrote: View Post
No one was able to actually look me in the eyes while talking to me which is pretty lame.
I've heard it's a pretty common experience for the ladies.
Hah well most of my friends there were heterosexual females and they're my best friends so....awkward. hah
Old October 31 2010, 10:51 AM   #133
firecrackerrrr
Lieutenant Commander

Here it is!

I know, I know I'm wearing the wrong shoes but this was still at the house.

There's tons more but they're with other people.
Old October 31 2010, 10:56 AM   #134
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Zombilicious.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2010, 11:50 AM   #135
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Here it is!

I know, I know I'm wearing the wrong shoes but this was still at the house.

There's tons more but they're with other people.
I already commented in Misc, but I've got to say it again - that's awesome!

There's no mistaking you for anyone but Janeway. The zombification must have taken ages - you did a fantastic job. The face, hands, uniform, everything - great work