New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old October 22 2010, 11:26 PM   #16
milo bloom
Fleet Captain

Re: "Blood & Chrome" to move forward

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
From the article, regarding Blood and Chrome's impact on Caprica:
"To be really categorical about it, this is not about finding something else so we can get rid of 'Caprica," Stern said. "I don't know the fate of 'Caprica' yet, but, if anything, 'Blood & Chrome' going to series would only be a great opportunity to pair it with something.'
In a perfect world they would start seeding things in Caprica to be shown in Blood and Chrome. Heck, if they want to get really ambitious, they could show both shows on the same night, and bring up an issue on Caprica that gets followed up on the next hour with B&C.

Anyways, very glad to see this.
Old October 22 2010, 11:28 PM   #17
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to Jeff O'Connor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeff O'Connor

That would be interesting, but too ambitious considering the 700,000 Americans tuning into Caprica would hardly make for the kind of numbers any network is hoping for when they greenlight a backdoor pilot.

Caprica needs to bounce back by, oh, I don't know... 200%.
Old October 22 2010, 11:29 PM   #18
Dream
Admiral

milo boo! wrote: View Post
"To be really categorical about it, this is not about finding something else so we can get rid of 'Caprica," Stern said. "I don't know the fate of 'Caprica' yet, but, if anything, 'Blood & Chrome' going to series would only be a great opportunity to pair it with something.'
In a perfect world they would start seeding things in Caprica to be shown in Blood and Chrome. Heck, if they want to get really ambitious, they could show both shows on the same night, and bring up an issue on Caprica that gets followed up on the next hour with B&C.
Two nBSG spinoffs on the same night? Was nBSG really as big as TNG?
Old October 22 2010, 11:31 PM   #19
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to Jeff O'Connor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeff O'Connor

Dream wrote: View Post
milo boo! wrote: View Post
Two nBSG spinoffs on the same night? Was nBSG really as big as TNG?
Nah, but neither was Stargate, and SG-1 and Atlantis ran at 8 and 9, respectively for some time.
Old October 22 2010, 11:40 PM   #20
vampgrrl
Fleet Captain

TNG was the king of TV via syndication (which barely exists today, and 300 TV channels later)

Even highly ranked shows hit 6.0 in the ratings (back in the late 80s, shows routinely got 15-18.0 that were in the top 10)

I predict they keep Caprica one more season....RDM already said he has a roadmap for Caprica that ramps up quickly into the Cylon War (he said this recently and it is likely he had this in mind)
Old October 22 2010, 11:51 PM   #21
The Comedian
Captain

At risk of getting roundly booed here, there are a few elements in Caprica that might be interesting to explore in a series like Blood and Chrome.

For example, in Caprica, it doesn't appear that the Colonies actually united until the start of the Cylon War, and that there's some huge cultural differences between them. It would be interesting to see thuggish Taurons and pragmatic Capricans and jihadist Gemenons and, say, (presumeably) inordinately bossy Leons on the same crew...
Old October 22 2010, 11:58 PM   #22
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Oh, I'd enjoy that as well. That's one of the aspects about Caprica that I do find fascinating.
Old October 23 2010, 12:20 AM   #23
The Comedian
Captain

Jeff O'Connor wrote: View Post
Oh, I'd enjoy that as well. That's one of the aspects about Caprica that I do find fascinating.
I can see it now...

Aquarianon: Commander! There's Cylons off the starboard bow!
Commander Caprican: General Quarters! Stand by to launch Vipers!
Tauron: (mutters) Frakking Capricans....I ought to kill him...
Leon: Yeah, frakker's not the boss of ME...
Picon: I'd rather be surfing or fishing.
Libron: Where's the justice in this?
Gemenon: Justice is in the hands of the One True God.
Tauron: Frakking Gemenons. Maybe I oughta kill you instead.
Old October 23 2010, 12:22 AM   #24
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Perfect!
Old October 23 2010, 12:45 AM   #25
Ensign_Redshirt
Commodore

Good.
Old October 23 2010, 12:52 AM   #26
MPH
Rear Admiral

Never watched Caprica even though I loved BSG but this souns interesting and as long as its got Battlestars in im there.
Old October 23 2010, 02:33 AM   #27
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

I like the idea in concept, but wish they'd find characters other than William Adama to use because using him means that they're going to have to drastically rewrite/retcon the established BSG timeline, thus invalidating a good chunk of one of my favorite parts of the BSG story, "Razor".

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
Old October 23 2010, 02:56 AM   #28
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Yay, get Nico Cortez back and give him some badass fellow fighters and do a really kick-ass war series. If they can get this going and keep Caprica on the air, it would be wonderful to see two very different yin/yang takes on the BSG-verse.
Old October 23 2010, 02:57 AM   #29
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Awesome.
Old October 23 2010, 02:58 AM   #30
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Stern said actor Nico Cortez was "great" as young Adama in the 'BSG' movie 'Razor,' but it is not certain that he will take the lead in 'Blood & Chrome.'
I wouldn't get too worried about this. They can't say they're sold on him in the role without screwing their bargaining position. He'll have the role if they can work it out, and why wouldn't they? He isn't a big name but this could be a high profile role for him.

I'd also love the chance to see Sam again. They can figure out some rationale why he "forgot" the old days. If Daniel is the "father" in the goo bath, we don't need to lose him. Zoe certainly can still exist. Maybe the best elements from Caprica can be merged into B&C. I'd love to see Saul Tigh as a young toaster. Who should play the role? If only they could afford Sam Rockwell!

At risk of getting roundly booed here, there are a few elements in Caprica that might be interesting to explore in a series like Blood and Chrome.

For example, in Caprica, it doesn't appear that the Colonies actually united until the start of the Cylon War, and that there's some huge cultural differences between them. It would be interesting to see thuggish Taurons and pragmatic Capricans and jihadist Gemenons and, say, (presumeably) inordinately bossy Leons on the same crew...
You won't hear any booing from me. That all sounds great!