Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old October 1 2010, 12:20 AM   #121
havoc92
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to havoc92
Re: NCC-1701 USS Enterprise Deck by Deck - WIP

JJohnson wrote: View Post
That's a great looking ship there! My question is...what are those rooms on deck 2 and 3? How do the crew quarters look?
The big open rooms on decks 2 & 3 are the primary science labs on the ship (apart from medical).

As to the crew quarters, they're largely just empty rooms at the moment; but, if you scroll back to earlier parts of the thread, there should be images of crew quarters. Or you can check the 40plus pages over at 3dbuzz I think that link is on the first page. If not, let me know and I'll post it.
Old October 2 2010, 07:00 PM   #122
havoc92
Commander

Ok, guys, the cleanup phase is officially DONE! Next stop, detailing and texturing. God help me!
Old October 4 2010, 08:45 AM   #123
BolianAuthor
Writer, Battlestar Urantia

Send a message via AIM to BolianAuthor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BolianAuthor

Good luck! I'm sure your end result will be awesome regardless.
BolianAuthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2010, 01:21 AM   #124
havoc92
Commander

Well, vacation started a few days back and I've begun work adding in more detail on the model.
First area to be worked on is the nacelle support pylons. So, underlying structure has been added along with the primary energy exchange conduits and warp core linkage. These have been run through the structure in rudimentary form and
now must be worked through the structure of the ship itself. My next area of interest will be how I'm going to deal with warp core ejection and routing it through the dorsal section.

My basic thinking at the moment is to swing open a section of the aft dorsal for core ejection. Anyone care to offer some input on this line of thinking? My gut instinct is just to hinge the back side of the dorsal section on both sides and open the neck to just spit the core out the back between the pylons.
Old October 15 2010, 01:27 AM   #125
Albertese
Commodore

Wait.... I don't see a "core" modeled into the neck area. I'm not sure what that would be like without seeing where this supposed "core" would go. After all, seems like you're useing FJ "Booklet of General Plans" as reference and I'm fairly certain there was no "core" of any sort in there at all. So I'm not sure why you'd need to include such a thing at this stage anyway.

--Alex
Old October 15 2010, 01:34 AM   #126
TIN_MAN
Fleet Captain

Didn't think FJ's version had a "warp core"? But if you mean some kind of power conduit thingy running up the "spine", then yeah, I guess panels at the back of the dorsal is the best way to go. And the top center of the secondary hull already has the two red stripes running down it, so that could be a seperate panel or panels?

Keep up the great work!
TIN_MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2010, 01:52 AM   #127
havoc92
Commander

Yeah, I keep wanting to reference it as though it were a refit model; but, my thinking is that the energy system on the ship is plasma based, in which case a means of containment and ejection would seem to be needed if a reaction builds up in the primary feeds. Not quite the same as a core; but, similar thinking. Am I on the right track here or am I over thinking it?
Old October 15 2010, 03:31 AM   #128
TIN_MAN
Fleet Captain

That sounds reasonable, I don't think your over thinking it.
Old October 15 2010, 03:31 AM   #129
blssdwlf
Commodore

I think TIN_MAN has a good suggestion in utilizing the "spine panels" as a pathway for the main energy conduits. FJ's plans don't have a secondary hull warp reactor setup so you'd have to make some modifications to get one in there Good stuff, keep going
blssdwlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2010, 07:14 PM   #130
havoc92
Commander

blssdwlf wrote: View Post
I think TIN_MAN has a good suggestion in utilizing the "spine panels" as a pathway for the main energy conduits. FJ's plans don't have a secondary hull warp reactor setup so you'd have to make some modifications to get one in there Good stuff, keep going
Sounds like I'm understanding the systems a little better than I thought I did. I may have a resource for helping me design the plasma systems for some needed realism now, so.. This stuff can be really fun at times.
Old October 18 2010, 12:37 AM   #131
havoc92
Commander

And another update:

What you're seeing here is that I've rebuilt the structural supports that connect the shuttlebay pressure wall
to the outer hull on the top side. There's a whole lot of work in there that I don't want to redo again. That said,
the primary plasma containment runs are visible here too. The secondary and the wiring trunks for the nacelles
and aft section still have to be completed.

I have to check but, I think there are a few more structural beams to create for this area and some cross-bracing.
And the conduit at this point is bare. I haven't decided what the shell is going to end up looking like; but, some of the
examples I've seen at this point would be a nightmare for polys. So that may go on the backburner until I figure a
way to do it without expending a fortune in polycount to do it.
Old October 18 2010, 10:38 PM   #132
havoc92
Commander

Alright, the plasma and electrical runs are in above the shuttlebay. They still have to be run forward; but, that should be (cough) cake next to what I've done so far. The next real problem.. well..

You can see the runs here from below with some minor mods to the pressurewall supports.

And another view from above. The forward portion of the lines still need a tweak to the angle up the spine; but, that's 2 seconds.

..here's the problem. The ribbing hasn't been booleaned to fit up to the hull structure of the nacelle yet; so the lines may or my not fit. Once cutout, there may be just enough room to squeek by; but, we'll see.

Back to work..
Old October 19 2010, 12:33 AM   #133
TIN_MAN
Fleet Captain

Lookin way kewel!
Old October 19 2010, 02:38 AM   #134
AJBryant
Fleet Captain

Havoc, if you were a girl, I'd marry you.

Since you're a dude, you'll have to settle for a fist pump and a manly-man shoulder thump.
Abba Anthony [St. Anthony the Great] said, "A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying, 'You are mad; you are not like us.' " -- Wisdom of the Desert Fathers
AJBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2010, 07:52 AM   #135
Saquist
Commodore

makes me appreciate just how fragile the design really is.
This looks just like AUTOCAD.
Saquist is offline   Reply With Quote