Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old October 15 2010, 10:11 PM   #511
BigFoot
Admiral

Re: What games are you playing currently?

^ It's funny how I was trying to convince you to get it for what, six months? And then you get it with BC2 and you spend more time playing 1943 than BC2.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2010, 01:11 AM   #512
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

Just finished Medal Of Honor and wow, that's one short single player campaign.
The whole game is kind of a tribute to soldiers in general because it keeps it quite down on the mood, i.e. not balls to the wall style like Call of Duty: MW up to and including the ending which i felt very fitting.
Maybe the Multiplayer is better but the game on the whole is not that extraordinary.

Apart from that i've got CIV 5, Ruse (last mission and failed many times so it's a bit on hold), Anno 1404, Sim City 4 - yeah.. i like Strategy games

For the occasional shooting and action stuff i got CoD: MW2 and Split Second (action racing game) installed.

Currently i'm waiting for Fallout:New Vegas which i'm pretty sure will cover my evenings and weekends as much as possible.. damn addictive and well made games!
Old October 16 2010, 12:48 PM   #513
think
Rear Admiral

View think's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to think Send a message via AIM to think Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to think Send a message via Yahoo to think

o,, it must mean something that I went back into LOTR and got to level 2 really easily so we will see if it picks up there the next time cuase it put me back to the beginning each time I played at level 1
I am experiencing a psychotic break from thinking correctly please stand by as a type this thought exactly as I am thinking it. Dont worry I have done this before.. I am also trying to write again in a trek sim @ http://www.starbase118.net
think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2010, 09:10 AM   #514
DBR
Vice Admiral

Back in May, DBR wrote: View Post
Been playing Dragon age for about a week. Not really my type of game, but I thought I'd give it a whirl. I'm mostly just wasting time until Mario galaxy 2 comes.
I logged over nine hours today playing DA. That's got to be my longest gaming marathon ever! I love it -- I can't believe how awesome this game is once you get into it.
Old October 17 2010, 11:59 AM   #515
Niorah
Fleet Admiral

View Niorah's Twitter Profile

^ What are you playing as?

Count me in as another huge fan of DA.
Old October 18 2010, 12:19 AM   #516
Skywalker
Admiral

Yeah, add me to the list, too. Though you can pretty much add me to the same list for every BioWare game. I've been playing Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 almost exclusively (with a brief break for Halo: Reach) for the past couple months.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2010, 12:28 AM   #517
Joel_Kirk
Commodore

Advance Wars (the original)
Joel_Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2010, 03:30 PM   #518
John Clark
Commodore

Nightstalker wrote: View Post
Yeah, add me to the list, too. Though you can pretty much add me to the same list for every BioWare game. I've been playing Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 almost exclusively (with a brief break for Halo: Reach) for the past couple months.
Can count me in too. One of my friends recommended Mass Effect to me (Xbox rather than PC though). He was playing at another mates and is still on the first Citadel visit because he can't play it as much as he'd like. Two years ago he recommended it to me and since then, I've been hooked on various Bioware games.
Old October 18 2010, 04:02 PM   #519
SPCTRE
N7

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

I think we can all agree that BioWare so far has failed to disappoint in terms of RPGs (KOTOR, Jade Empire, ME, DA:O)
Old October 18 2010, 09:26 PM   #520
LitmusDragon
Commodore

Dragon Quest IX, currently working on my 4th revocation of the hero character.

I'm actually playing very little video games right now, trying to force myself to get out of the house more.
Old October 19 2010, 06:22 PM   #521
DBR
Vice Admiral

Niorah wrote: View Post
^ What are you playing as?
I'm playing as an Elf.

Nightstalker wrote: View Post
As I mentioned a while ago, Dragon Age is not really my type of game. The only other Bioware game I've played was KOTOR and I just couldn't get into it. I'll probably give Mass Effect a whirl based on my experience with DA, though.
Old October 19 2010, 09:26 PM   #522
23skidoo
Admiral

I just bought a brand-new Mac Intel so I'm hoping to get some serious gaming done (in part once I install the Windows partition).

Right now one game I'm playing a lot is Eternal Damnation. It's a fantastic fan-made mod of the infamous Postal 2 that the company that made Postal liked to such, they released it with the main game. Postal 2 is not very well liked by a lot of people (it is a pretty rough game), but Eternal Damnation is a very different experience, being a very intense, scary, zombie-and-devil fighting adventure. I was quite impressed with it.

Once I get my Windows cranked up again, I have several games ready to be installed and enjoyed again. I make no apologies for these being old games. I like them:

Half-Life 2 and Episode 1 and 2. Someday we'll see Episode 3 again but in the meantime I'm looking forward to hanging out with Alyx Vance again.

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. This is what Twilight should have been.

Mass Effect 2: Not an "old" game, of course. I found a discounted copy and I figure having a CG version of the gal from Chuck on my computer isn't a bad thing.

Alex
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2010, 11:17 AM   #523
Sparky
Commodore

Super Meat Boy on Xbox Live Arcade.

This game will kick your ass.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2010, 12:25 PM   #524
ares93
Commodore

Fallout New Vegas
Halo Reach
Star Trek Online
Civilization 3 (yes, its not a misspelling. Civ 3)
Battlefield 2
I find it extremely satisfying watching Jehovah's Witnesses through my window. After all, it takes an RFID lock, a titanium enhanced fireproof door and bullet-resistant glass to keep them out of the building.
ares93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2010, 03:10 PM   #525
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

I've jumped back to Fallout 3... I want to try and finish that before I pick up Fallout New Vegas.

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
archeryguy1701 is offline   Reply With Quote