RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,693
Members: 24,208
Currently online: 647
Newest member: meshman63

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old October 16 2010, 12:08 AM   #466
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: Fitness Checkin

Started the bulking I mentioned...I'm up from 243 lbs to 254.

RAMA
Old October 28 2010, 05:47 AM   #467
RoJoHen
Awesome

This weekend is Halloween, so I will be going out and drinking for the last time. Starting November 1st, I am sober and healthy. I'm trying to convince my roommate to join my gym so he can work out with me and keep me honest.
Old October 28 2010, 09:40 AM   #468
BlackAngelAlpha
Ensign

Send a message via AIM to BlackAngelAlpha Send a message via Yahoo to BlackAngelAlpha

Well I'm a waitress. So walking most of the week is part of my job so next paycheck I'm putting in for a Zumba dvd set to use at home and then paying off a layaway for my New Balance TruTone shoes for work
Old October 31 2010, 02:13 AM   #469
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

As I started Weight Watchers a few days, my exercise plan is a minimum of walking for 30 minutes per day and whatever else I can do. Today done my daily walking, plus 10 minutes on an exercise bike. Hopefully later in the day I'll do another 10 minutes
ElimParra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2010, 02:08 AM   #470
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Accelerating bulking progress at the gym...Current weight: 264 lbs, hit 19" on arms and headed to 20"! Chest back up to 52" for the first time in a few years. Want to hit 54" for the first time.
Old November 3 2010, 05:58 AM   #471
RoJoHen
Awesome

All right, started my new routine today. I am 86 booze for at least the next two months, and I am focused on my diet and weightlifting. Let's get huge!

Did Front Squats and Deadlifts tonight along with some other leg exercises. My legs have always lagged behind the rest of my body, so they are going to be my primary focus over the next couple months.
Old November 6 2010, 06:18 PM   #472
RoJoHen
Awesome

I know that I'm doing well when I actually want to do legs again.
Old November 13 2010, 08:13 AM   #473
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Progressing well, leveled off at 270lbs so far, but the strength is building..I'm 20 lbs away from my max on bench press, and my other lifts are also getting heavier.

RAMA
Old November 13 2010, 08:23 AM   #474
RoJoHen
Awesome

RAMA, out of curiosity, what is your diet like?

As much as I always want to bulk up, I am so lazy when it comes to cooking that I tend to not eat as much as I should.

That said, I'm actually making more progress this time around than I have in years. I've stopped drinking, and that has made a world of difference.
Old November 13 2010, 08:39 AM   #475
RAMA
Vice Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post

As much as I always want to bulk up, I am so lazy when it comes to cooking that I tend to not eat as much as I should.

That said, I'm actually making more progress this time around than I have in years. I've stopped drinking, and that has made a world of difference.

I eat 6 times a day and in larger quantities, about 4800-5000 cals a day..being fairly clean but not anal about it. Eating lots of meat as usual. I let myself drink some egg nog (high in protein but also in fat), more wheat bread, more potatoes. Way more wheat pasta than usual. I've been making wheat protein pancakes for breakast. I also have lots of eggs(egg whites). In short, carbs are increased. I am cooking more than ever.

I'm expecting to get a 465+ bench by Sunday.
Old November 13 2010, 09:59 AM   #476
Roger Wilco
Admiral

RAMA wrote: View Post

Hehe, I was proud of myself yesterday for setting a new personal best in squat and deadlift with 90kg yesterday.
(I could probably do more in the deadlift, but I have trouble with grip strength and blisters on my hands all the time from the weight already. )
Old November 13 2010, 07:11 PM   #477
Listener4
Lieutenant Commander

I've switched from weights to bodyweight exercises.

Also trying to do at least 30 minutes of qigong a day.
Listener4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2010, 08:56 PM   #478
RoJoHen
Awesome

Roger Wilco wrote: View Post

Hehe, I was proud of myself yesterday for setting a new personal best in squat and deadlift with 90kg yesterday.
(I could probably do more in the deadlift, but I have trouble with grip strength and blisters on my hands all the time from the weight already. )
Get some wrist straps. They make a world of difference when doing deadlifts!
Old November 17 2010, 12:56 AM   #479
RAMA
Vice Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post

I eat 6 times a day and in larger quantities, about 4800-5000 cals a day..being fairly clean but not anal about it. Eating lots of meat as usual. I let myself drink some egg nog (high in protein but also in fat), more wheat bread, more potatoes. Way more wheat pasta than usual. I've been making wheat protein pancakes for breakast. I also have lots of eggs(egg whites). In short, carbs are increased. I am cooking more than ever.

I hit it Sunday! Unlike other times when I was in this range, I feel like its not the limit...trying 475 next week.

RAMA
Old November 30 2010, 02:49 PM   #480
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Awesome chest night...8 sets for flat bench: 135x15, 225x12, 315x10, 375x8, 385x8, 405x6, 375x8, 315x12; Incline bench: 225x15, 315x10, 335x8, 345x6, 375x1, 335x6, 315x 8; incline dumbbell flyes: 5 sets, 90x10, 110x10, 120x10, 130x10, 140x10, 150x8 pec machine flyes: 4 sets full stack (300lbs);