Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old September 29 2010, 01:04 PM   #31
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr
Re: Castle: Season 3 (Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic) - Discussion & Spoi

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Alexis is being set up to be the ultimate big bad for the final season. She learned under the master, her father. But she's gonna become a serial killer instead. Her first victim was grandmother's boyfriend, to save her the grief of trying to break up with him after being given that ring.
Then someone better give Alexis the season sets of "Dexter," so she can follow the code and keep from getting caught.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2010, 05:45 PM   #32
David cgc
Vice Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
I also didn't like the way Castle only seemed affected by his mother's tragedy in the scenes where he was with her. Beckett was even surprised to see Castle interviewing the reality-show guy when she expected him to be home dealing with the family crisis, and he seemed totally unfazed by it.
Castle is a pretty private man, despite appearances, and he definitely doesn't like looking vulnerable to Beckett. He played things pretty close to the vest when he was hurt by Beckett dating Sam Anders last year (though this is a whole other level of emotional turmoil, obviously). In fact, him jumping right into the interrogation without Beckett (and without meeting her first in the morning) was extremely different from his routine, and was probably one part throwing himself into work to take his mind off things and one part hitting the ground running so Beckett wouldn't have the chance to ask him about what happened.

On a completely different note, I appreciated the tidbit at the end about his name. I'd wondered why he had a different last name than his mom. My first assumption was that his father was Mr. Castle, and he was one of Martha's ex-husbands, but then they said that Castle had never met his father and had no idea who he was, so I was just stymied. I wonder if any of his books were published under Richard Rogers. Of course, given his age and his twenty-plus bestsellers, he would've had to have been publishing practically since he was a teenager, so it's not unlikely.
Old September 30 2010, 03:04 AM   #33
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

So my wife and I are wondering if Stana Katic is pregnant. So far she's been wearing very loose clothing and if memory serves she wore much more fitted shirts in the previous two seasons. They also seem to be camouflaging her midsection. I really noticed it when they came up from the morgue and she was carrying her red coat draped over her arm so that it conveniently covered her belly.

Anyone else notice?
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2010, 04:13 AM   #34
Christopher
Writer

David cgc wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
I also didn't like the way Castle only seemed affected by his mother's tragedy in the scenes where he was with her. Beckett was even surprised to see Castle interviewing the reality-show guy when she expected him to be home dealing with the family crisis, and he seemed totally unfazed by it.
Castle is a pretty private man, despite appearances, and he definitely doesn't like looking vulnerable to Beckett. He played things pretty close to the vest when he was hurt by Beckett dating Sam Anders last year (though this is a whole other level of emotional turmoil, obviously). In fact, him jumping right into the interrogation without Beckett (and without meeting her first in the morning) was extremely different from his routine, and was probably one part throwing himself into work to take his mind off things and one part hitting the ground running so Beckett wouldn't have the chance to ask him about what happened.
That works as an in-story justification, but I was looking at it more from a story-structure perspective. I felt it was a failure of the writing to treat Martha's loss so cavalierly and virtually ignore it elsewhere in the episode.

I wonder if any of his books were published under Richard Rogers.
In collaboration with an author named Oscar Hammerstein? Or Lorenz Hart?

Hey, given that Martha's a Broadway vet, she probably intentionally named her son after Richard Rodgers. I wonder where the "Alexander" came from, though. Rodgers' middle name was Charles.

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
So my wife and I are wondering if Stana Katic is pregnant. So far she's been wearing very loose clothing and if memory serves she wore much more fitted shirts in the previous two seasons. They also seem to be camouflaging her midsection. I really noticed it when they came up from the morgue and she was carrying her red coat draped over her arm so that it conveniently covered her belly.

Anyone else notice?
I seem to recall noticing a moment near the end where we saw her torso from the front and I got the impression of pregnancy.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2010, 06:35 AM   #35
BigFoot
Admiral

TheSeeker wrote: View Post

Anyone else notice?
This is from this week's Ask Ausiello (no spoilers):

Question: Is Stana Katic pregnant? Don’t get me wrong, she is as stunning as ever; her wardrobe choices on Castle, on the other hand, are suspicious. — Peter
Ausiello:
She is not pregnant. In related news, the puffy blouse Katic was wearing in Monday’s episode released the following statement exclusively to Ask Ausiello: “My bad.”
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1 2010, 01:08 AM   #36
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

What exactly is Ask Ausiello?
Old October 1 2010, 01:58 AM   #37
Aragorn
Admiral

^ He's just some reporter for Entertainment Weekly who does scoops and spoilers for TV shows.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1 2010, 02:06 AM   #38
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

I see. Well I'm going to wait and see how the season progresses before I take his word for it.
Old October 1 2010, 02:44 AM   #39
Aragorn
Admiral

Well the show did have a premiere party and she didn't look pregnant. They probably had six or seven shows in the bag by the time of the premiere.
Old October 5 2010, 01:27 AM   #40
Aragorn
Admiral

Old October 6 2010, 05:42 AM   #41
Data Holmes
Admiral

I'm starting to think she's dressing up to impress/attract attention from castle.
Old October 11 2010, 10:07 PM   #42
Aragorn
Admiral

Old October 11 2010, 11:23 PM   #43
AJBryant
Fleet Captain

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Not even Quentin Tarrantino would try to pull off a Mexican standoff like that one.

Bravo.
Abba Anthony [St. Anthony the Great] said, "A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying, 'You are mad; you are not like us.' " -- Wisdom of the Desert Fathers
AJBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12 2010, 01:17 AM   #44
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Been loving Castle so far... and like the characters, I totally bought Beckett's confession of how much she was hurt - both times, including the retraction before we the audience saw the truth.
Old October 12 2010, 08:18 AM   #45
Aragorn
Admiral

They ended the show with the Stephen J. Cannell TV show logo and gave him a tribute.